Am I the only one that starts a new character because it's fun?

#1CrazycatdudePosted 3/28/2013 5:53:46 AM
I just like the reward of leveling up, and I used to do it all the time when I was a WoW fiend. I know it's pointless since I can just respec, but it seems like a somewhat different playthrough each time because of the different drops you get and whatnot. I'm thinking about making another Siren today, just for S***'s and gigs.
---
There is nothing in the world more helpless, depraved, and irresponsible than a man in the depths of an RPG binge.
#2Argyle_GargoylePosted 3/28/2013 5:57:30 AM(edited)
no you are not

there are lots of good reasons to start new characters.

1. different play styles
2. quest progression and the fun of leveling up
3. using any cool low level loot that youve saved
4. badass ranks are all started out at 0, letting you grab some easy BAR. not everyone likes to farm challenges to be able to prestige, so using new characters is the other option to keep the BAR going up
5. another shot at quest exclusive rewards
6. simply playing through fun quests again that youve already completed on other characters
---
Crazy? Crazy with low prices on Wind Brahmin. You buy one!!
#3Zegma310Posted 3/28/2013 6:01:17 AM
Not at all, I've even gone as far as doing a glitch in Rainbow 6 Vegas 2 to reset my rank so I could get everything again.
---
DD Pawn: Scath Ciche
Nickles is money too, come on guys...
#4DocMitchPhDPosted 3/28/2013 6:10:06 AM
If the game is really enjoyable then it makes perfect sense to make a new character. In my case, I will only make a new character if I am replaying with friends/family. Going solo just seems a tad boring for another character.
---
Awesome
#5BigRobb2389Posted 3/28/2013 6:10:57 AM
Nah man, but I don't think we number many to be honest, lol.

Like when my friend asked me if I wanted him to level my level 8 character and I said no. It was like it was foreign to him that someone would make a character not to get to level 50, but to actually play through the game, lol.

to be honest, thanks to the scaling in TVHM, the first playthrough is a lot more enjoyable in some aspects. I do appreciate the challenge that is TVHM though, and am very much looking forward to UVHM.
---
http://www.last.fm/user/BigRobb/
#6Jambi_ManPosted 3/28/2013 6:44:56 AM
I've started like 13 or 14 new games. I enjoy the journey through the game.
---
Vladof rules
#7plasmatic529Posted 3/28/2013 6:52:37 AM
I love starting a new game but I find it hard to find parties to play with that doesn't want to use glitches weapons and who don't mind sharing the loot. I wish I could find people who play like my friends and I. We work well as a team and enjoy sharing the good weapons. I dunno, maybe its gone.
---
GT: Plasmatic529
alt GT: Plasmatic alt
#8minsterXYZPosted 3/28/2013 6:52:46 AM
I can't wait for UVHM. I thought TVHM was hard the first time, but when you have all legendary equipment starting at lv 8 it isn't that hard. I loved the large amount of damage I can do, I think the extreme challenge of Ultimate is going to be insane.
---
Gamertag xXGunx4xH1R3xXx
#9PunkNeverDiesPosted 3/28/2013 9:47:24 AM
I play 10 characters, two of every class. So yeah, I totally do it too.
---
GT: PNDMike