Why is this game called "Borderlands"?

#11GunningSoulPosted 3/28/2013 7:50:55 AM
It's called "Borderlands" because it metaphorises consumerism in the american society. The "border" represents the limits of a capitalism system within the global paradigm, while the "lands" are the countries involved in this issue. It's "2" because there is a metaphorical inclusing of the spectator, "us too", or "us 2", as to make us feel concerned about the state of the economy in this country.

Handsome Jack, for instance, is a clear personification of the ever-nagging Dow Jones indices, which can be reflected as the pulse of the economy. Tiny Tina would be petrol exploitation companies, which are usually fond of high explosives and slang-talking.
---
The things of me? Well I am tolding you;
I have turned into very funny, ha ha ha!!
#12Vlad_Impaler7Posted 3/28/2013 10:35:05 AM
borderland[ bawr-der-land ]
noun
1. land forming a border or frontier.
2. an uncertain, intermediate district, space, or condition.

A borderland is a place on the edge of civilization where normal government and laws might not completely reach. Think of the Wild West.

Pandora is basically the lawless frontier of the future.

And I don't remember Hunter Hellquest saying border worlds but I do remember in Axton's echo that he has in his backpack when you start the game at one point his wife says she "*can't* suggest going AWOL and trying his luck on the border planets"

And another thing it was Nicholas Cage who said "Face Off" like three frickin' times in one breath in that movie.
---
"Bingo!!!" - Bayman, Dead Or Alive series
XBOX Live Gamertag: Vlad Impaler7
#13minsterXYZPosted 3/28/2013 10:38:33 AM
Jambi_Man posted...
Hunter Hellquist actually refers to it as the Border Worlds.

Whoops. Haven't played the game in forever. Could have sworn he said borderlands, but you probably no better.
---
Gamertag xXGunx4xH1R3xXx
#14HughJorgennPosted 3/28/2013 10:47:09 AM
VampLordAdamaru posted...
Solnot topic. He just did the same thing on the Bioshock Infinite board. Nothing to see here... Move along...

EDIT: Ninja'd...
#15curtlandPosted 3/28/2013 10:50:40 AM
Vlad_Impaler7 posted...
borderland[ bawr-der-land ]
noun
1. land forming a border or frontier.
2. an uncertain, intermediate district, space, or condition.

A borderland is a place on the edge of civilization where normal government and laws might not completely reach. Think of the Wild West.

Pandora is basically the lawless frontier of the future.

And I don't remember Hunter Hellquest saying border worlds but I do remember in Axton's echo that he has in his backpack when you start the game at one point his wife says she "*can't* suggest going AWOL and trying his luck on the border planets"

And another thing it was Nicholas Cage who said "Face Off" like three frickin' times in one breath in that movie.

Or WAS it?

>_>

<_<
---
Only idoits can't spell.