Info update for cap increase

#21diablogamerPosted 3/29/2013 7:40:14 AM
I was hoping the new weapon tier was gonna be good so much for that. lol @ at people dumb enough to believe gearbox and there crap about a level increase taking a lot of work. It takes next to none and people have already modded characters way past the " level cap".
---
"Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very
persistent one" Albert Einstein
#22Dr_GlorydaysPosted 3/29/2013 8:08:16 AM
drake_skull posted...
Dr_Glorydays posted...
So wait...

The new playthrough is free, but the level increase is not? Don't get me wrong, I think those complaining about the cost of the new level cap are being ridiculous, but it seems kind of silly to include a new playthrough for free which requires a paid level cap to really play.

Did you not read the part where they had to re-balance and retest the entire game to make the cap work? They worked hard to do this for us and right now I would pay $10 for it(though I have the season pass so its free for me) for what they are adding in addition to the cap increase. They could be adding quite a bit more with it as well, we dont know everything they are planning.

Yeah I also said, in my post, that I think anyone complaining about paying $5 is being ridiculous. I am in no way complaining about the price, I'm just curious how a 3rd playthrough will work if you download that but not the level cap increase.
---
it is regular strumming, but instead of a pick, or your fingers, you use a slice of cheesecake.. it gets prety messy, therefore: dirty strumming. ~ kazater
#23Argyle_Gargoyle(Topic Creator)Posted 3/29/2013 8:11:05 AM
Dr_Glorydays posted...
drake_skull posted...
Dr_Glorydays posted...
So wait...

The new playthrough is free, but the level increase is not? Don't get me wrong, I think those complaining about the cost of the new level cap are being ridiculous, but it seems kind of silly to include a new playthrough for free which requires a paid level cap to really play.

Did you not read the part where they had to re-balance and retest the entire game to make the cap work? They worked hard to do this for us and right now I would pay $10 for it(though I have the season pass so its free for me) for what they are adding in addition to the cap increase. They could be adding quite a bit more with it as well, we dont know everything they are planning.

Yeah I also said, in my post, that I think anyone complaining about paying $5 is being ridiculous. I am in no way complaining about the price, I'm just curious how a 3rd playthrough will work if you download that but not the level cap increase.

im guessing that it will work like a fully level 50 playthrough of the main quest. it would allow people a 2nd shot at unique quest rewards as well as allowing them the challenge of doing all quests at their max level

not sure that this is how itll work, but thats my thought. no entirely sure how level 61 character will be able to play with people without the new cap. i guess we shall see on tuesday though
---
Crazy? Crazy with low prices on Wind Brahmin. You buy one!!
#24garubladorPosted 3/29/2013 8:20:54 AM
Argyle_Gargoyle posted...
im guessing that it will work like a fully level 50 playthrough of the main quest. it would allow people a 2nd shot at unique quest rewards as well as allowing them the challenge of doing all quests at their max level

not sure that this is how itll work, but thats my thought. no entirely sure how level 61 character will be able to play with people without the new cap. i guess we shall see on tuesday though

The third playthrough sounds like it will be harder than 2.5, as well. Bad guys will have more health and there will be new, and probably more, bad guys to deal with. My guess is that drop rates will also be better, like the way they're better in TVHM compared to normal.
#25VirtusEtIgnisPosted 3/29/2013 8:34:30 AM
Anyone ever seen that episode of South Park where Cartman can't wait for the Wii so he freezes himself so he could sleep through the wait? Yeah.... Kinda feeling that way right now.
---
Leadership Excellence
A Gentleman and a Scholar
#26WretchedOwlPosted 3/29/2013 8:37:47 AM
I really hope they add a whole new set of relics that boost the badass rank bonus stats. I want one with Crit Damage for my Zer0!
---
Some doors are best left closed, because once open, they're easy to walk through again and again.
-- GT: Wretched Owls
#27WretchedOwlPosted 3/29/2013 8:41:56 AM
Argyle_Gargoyle posted...
im curious how much extra ammo capacity we are going to be getting for 50 eridium.

hopefully its a little more than just one more of the same tiered increase as the initially available SDUs.

i definitely would like to know what these "ancient e tech relics" can do. im hoping for one with ammo regen

This may actually allow me to use a White Death in my full Sniper build for Zer0! I dunno though. I can't decide what I wanna do with him! And yes some ammo regen would probably be the best thing ever. Maybe they'll go oldschool on us and add ammo regen to the lv61 class mods. That would be amazing.
---
Some doors are best left closed, because once open, they're easy to walk through again and again.
-- GT: Wretched Owls