Anyone else planning on using Playthrough 3...?

#1ShinterLPosted 3/29/2013 6:23:06 AM
...to try playing through the game with an entirely different build? Obviously the new skill points will allow for completely different builds, but I was thinking it might be fun to use the opportunity to try something new, and using a build just for farming purposes isn't quite the same as playing through the whole game with it.

For example, I've heard that melee Zero works better at higher levels, so I could see using the third playthrough to play the whole time as melee zero, and only use guns when there's no other choice (and I know some people have done this already at current playthroughs). Or, since I currently use a Ruin/Converge Siren, I might try a thoughtlock siren, or a harmony siren.

Anyone else thinking of doing something similar? If so, what build do you use now, and what build do you think you might want to try out?
#2Argyle_GargoylePosted 3/29/2013 6:29:09 AM
im excited that my fire rate commando (which shreds the hell outta normal mobs) will now have the ability to be an EXPLOSIVES fire rate build.

super fire rate AND big blasts is going to be crazy fun
---
Crazy? Crazy with low prices on Wind Brahmin. You buy one!!
#3SuprSaiyanRockrPosted 3/29/2013 6:32:25 AM
MMF + Kunai = 5 kunai every melee kill during deception.

I suspect we're going to be seeing a lot of it.
---
GT/PSN: SuprSaiyanRockr
Efficiency>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Nostalgia. Always.
#4killbot357Posted 3/29/2013 6:39:59 AM
Nah, I'll still be using LBT Gaige, but with more points in BFF. Sharing is Caring looks pretty ridiculous.
---
XBOX GT: illbzo1
Currently playing: Bioshock Infinite
#5ShinterL(Topic Creator)Posted 3/29/2013 7:00:17 AM
So it looks like most people are planning on just more powerful versions of their current builds rather than trying something new.

I'll probably try out some new builds, but switch back if I don't think they're working (of course, I'll also have to find equipment to complement them), but ultimately I'll switch back to my ultra powerful main build once I get back up to the highest levels if I don't find something I like more.
#6killbot357Posted 3/29/2013 7:02:59 AM
The main reason I'm not planning on changing anything up is I have no interest in Anarchy, which leaves LBT and BFF.

I'd do the same if I were playing Maya, as I have no interest in Harmony, so it would be probably a 60 / 40 split between Calamity and Motion.

For Zer0, I've got no interest in his sniping tree, and would probably do 50 / 50 Bloodlust and Cunning.

Haven't played anyone else, so I can't comment on their trees.
---
XBOX GT: illbzo1
Currently playing: Bioshock Infinite
#7Argyle_GargoylePosted 3/29/2013 7:04:36 AM
i dont really need to spec too much into survival to stay alive with axton, but adding explosives to my fire rate build is going to be a pretty large departure from what i have ATM
---
#8ShinterL(Topic Creator)Posted 3/29/2013 7:27:28 AM
killbot357 posted...
The main reason I'm not planning on changing anything up is I have no interest in Anarchy, which leaves LBT and BFF.

I'd do the same if I were playing Maya, as I have no interest in Harmony, so it would be probably a 60 / 40 split between Calamity and Motion.

For Zer0, I've got no interest in his sniping tree, and would probably do 50 / 50 Bloodlust and Cunning.

Haven't played anyone else, so I can't comment on their trees.

Sure, but even with that, you could try variations on those current trees. Like thoughtlock and sub-sequence in the motion tree, maybe paired with wreck and elated to maximize your phaselocks usefulness, without having them just destroy things with elemental damage.

Or, if you currently do a bloodlust main with cunning sub-tree, switch that up before you start and go all-in on cunning and build back up to your melee tree (or vice versa).

I just think it's a good opportunity to try something different, and was wondering if anyone else felt the same way.
#9Argyle_GargoylePosted 3/29/2013 7:31:58 AM
my level 61 maya will look WAY different from my current one.

ill be using full cataclysm with res and converge instead of full harmony with some motion, so i guess that build will be changing significantly
---
#10LaharPosted 3/29/2013 10:10:07 AM
SuprSaiyanRockr posted...
MMF + Kunai = 5 kunai every melee kill during deception.

I suspect we're going to be seeing a lot of it.

I read in another topic that in that scenario, a Decepti0n melee kill won't reset Kunai.
---
It's raining
luggage and babies and limbs and Daddy doesn't come home.