Quick question, is it still only possible to get oranges from boss type enemies?

#1xXxHaVeNPosted 3/29/2013 8:45:09 AM
I loved how in Borderlands 1 you could find a decent bit of orange weapons in chests. I hated that they altered the drop rates in BL2 making them so incredibly low. Was this ever changed through patches? I haven't played since like December.
---
GT: xXxHaVeN117
CoD is the best game series ever and it will never be topped ever never. This sig is 100% serious and not a joke at all. Nope.
#2DethuliPosted 3/29/2013 8:50:33 AM
No. Non-boss legendary drop rates are still abysmally low.
---
Got a minute? You might learn something.
#3xXxHaVeN(Topic Creator)Posted 3/29/2013 8:54:48 AM
No. Non-boss legendary drop rates are still abysmally low.

Damn. =/ That's really unfortunate. Perhaps when the new pearlescent weapons release they will take the extremely low drop rates and oranges will be a bit more common...Hope so.
---
CoD is the best game series ever and it will never be topped ever never. This sig is 100% serious and not a joke at all. Nope.
#4chuckleswoodPosted 3/29/2013 9:01:28 AM
xXxHaVeN posted...
I loved how in Borderlands 1 you could find a decent bit of orange weapons in chests. I hated that they altered the drop rates in BL2 making them so incredibly low. Was this ever changed through patches? I haven't played since like December.

You can find Legendary weapons any where just really unlikely. Even a pile of Skag puke can spit out that orange glow.
---
"There it is you guys.....Mee-krob"
#5DethuliPosted 3/29/2013 9:06:29 AM
I wish that were so, but unfortunately I don't see that happening. I think Randy would rather have people fighting enemies and killing bosses than running around looting chests all the time. What I'm really surprised hasn't happened is Gearbox selling a DLC that offers a limited-time increased drop rate, which can be re-purchased after expiration.
---
Got a minute? You might learn something.
#6xXxHaVeN(Topic Creator)Posted 3/29/2013 9:15:29 AM
I wish that were so, but unfortunately I don't see that happening. I think Randy would rather have people fighting enemies and killing bosses than running around looting chests all the time. What I'm really surprised hasn't happened is Gearbox selling a DLC that offers a limited-time increased drop rate, which can be re-purchased after expiration.

Gearbox would enter EA levels of lowliness if they were to do that.
---
#7WretchedOwlPosted 3/29/2013 9:33:07 AM
Some good chests to get legendaries out of are always the end of DLC ones, or the ones that are near bosses. The chest at the end of Hero's Pass, the chest under the Bunker, the ones after Terra and Pete, any of them.
---
Some doors are best left closed, because once open, they're easy to walk through again and again.
-- GT: Wretched Owls
#8badaravioliPosted 3/29/2013 11:14:42 AM
I just got a level 20 Legendary zerker class mod a few nights ago out of the chest on top floor where you see Brick for the first time. Though that is the one and only I've ever gotten and this my 4th character I'm running through. I thought I was seeing things at first.