New Ultimate Vault Hunter Mode details!

• Topic Archived

You have been randomly selected to participate in the Beta Test of our new message list page. We've rolled out this test in order to get additional feedback and error reports from a wider subset of users. We'll only display this notice once, but permanent links to disable the Beta, provide feedback, and get more information will be located at the bottom of each message list.

To disable this test for now, click here. For more information, please read our announcement about this redesign.

1. Boards
  2. Borderlands 2
  3. New Ultimate Vault Hunter Mode details!
2 years ago#1
Just found this on the Gearbox Software Forums. Thought I might as well bring it over here for discussion.

Ultimate Vault Hunter Mode Details

- Ultimate Vault Hunter Mode is unlocked for a character once they have completed the main story missions in True Vault Hunter Mode and reached level 50.

- Unlike other playthroughs, Ultimate Vault Hunter Mode can be replayed multiple times with players able to reset their overall mission progress at any time from the Main Menu.

- No more tutorial missions -- characters in Ultimate Vault Hunter Mode begin in Southern Shelf with the "Cleaning Up the Berg" mission.

- While playing in Ultimate Vault Hunter Mode, enemies and bosses will scale according to the player's current level or, if playing with others, the highest-level player in that party.

Gameplay changes in UVHM:

- Enemy health generally increased 4x.

- Enemies now have a moderate amount of health regeneration.

- Increased duration of slag damage multiplier effect.

- Upped the damage that slagged enemies take from 2x to 3x.

- Weapon swap speed increased to better facilitate slag use.

- Enemies now more likely to drop ammo.

- Loot Midgets are now "Legendary Loot Midgets" that can drop Legendary and other top-tier gear.

Sorry if this has already been posted, just thought I'd try and share this. :)
---
GT: iX RaZcaL iX
2 years ago#2
Awesome!
---
Loading Post... [|||||||||||||||||||||||__] 85% Complete...
lIl Nemesis lIl
2 years ago#3
ElvesAteMyRamen posted...
- Unlike other playthroughs, Ultimate Vault Hunter Mode can be replayed multiple times with players able to reset their overall mission progress at any time from the Main Menu.

- Loot Midgets are now "Legendary Loot Midgets" that can drop Legendary and other top-tier gear.

SWEEEEEEETTTTT
---
You can take my Karma, but you'll never take......MY FREEDOM!
2 years ago#4
They are also looking into Doc Mercy's drop rates in playthrough 2.5. Might be sorted in a future update/hot fix.

By 'overall mission progress' it means wiping the entire playthrough, though I believe you keep whatever weapons etc you find.

That's all I know so far, I'll post more updates as I find them, etc. Feel free to contribute yourselves if you find anything :)
(edited by ElvesAteMyRamen)
2 years ago#5
ElvesAteMyRamen posted...
- Increased duration of slag damage multiplier effect.

- Upped the damage that slagged enemies take from 2x to 3x.

- Weapon swap speed increased to better facilitate slag use.

This. yes. all of my yes. a thousand times yes. <3
---
Life is a journey. Time is a river. The door is a jar.
GT: Doom Desire
2 years ago#6
Loving the Slag improvements. My Siren is going to absolutely destroy this new mode.
2 years ago#7
Multiple playthroughs? F YEAH!!! Great news keeps coming out for UVHM. Also can't wait for those Legendary loot midgets!!
---
"There it is you guys.....Mee-krob"
2 years ago#8
Wallcrawler8878 posted...
Loving the Slag improvements. My Siren is going to absolutely destroy this new mode.

That's my first UVHM character too, can't wait to see how good she gets.
---
GT: iX RaZcaL iX
2 years ago#9
Improved slag damage??
this combined with Axtons 11 new skill points is going to get crazy.

2 double turrets shooting slag?
daaaaaaamn.
---
Nice Try, Zarflax!
2 years ago#10
I WIll Not Stab You posted...
Improved slag damage??
this combined with Axtons 11 new skill points is going to get crazy.

2 double turrets shooting slag?
daaaaaaamn.

I'm rather excited for that
  1. Boards
  2. Borderlands 2
  3. New Ultimate Vault Hunter Mode details!

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

Message List Beta Test is now on. To disable the Beta, just click here, or you can read more about it, report an error, or provide general feedback.
  • Topic Archived