Has no one really came up with this?

#31TheIastspartanPosted 3/30/2013 12:28:24 AM
Taking away dropping just to fix an exploit is beyond stupid. There's other ways it can be prevented.
#32LordElohimPosted 3/30/2013 12:50:05 AM
"There is only one justification for duping, and that is if you are playing with friends, and that all elusive item drops. Every other instance is just a show of laziness. You can't justify your duping antics with "The drop rates are criminal." because that's how the game is designed. If you don't like it, don't play it. The same goes for power leveling; what's the point? If you like the game, you'll level yourself up, and if you do like the game, have been through it 12 times already and decided to start a new character and decide you can't be bothered to level that character up normally, then tough, don't create that new character. But I digress."

I think you may need to take a minute to step back and reflect upon your own argument. There was 2+ years between the release of Borderlands 1 and 2, and yet the ability to dupe still exists in the second one EXACTLY as it existed in the first one. To me, that means they either CHOSE not to fix it, which would mean it is, as you put it, "because that's how the game is designed," or they CAN'T fix it, which would make the entire pro-duping vs anti-duping argument moot. So, given that this debate rages every day, my guess would be that it *could* be fixed, and whether Randy hates it or not, they are choosing not to fix it. If it isn't being fixed, that means, at least in the eyes of the majority, it isn't broken.

And to all of the people that keep complaining about it ruining their public game experience, get over yourself. If the argument is that your game is being ruined by someone using an Infinity or the Smasher glitch, ask them not to. If they don't, why would you be interested in playing with that person anyway, as in your opinion, they are obviously a dishonest sort. If you then argue that you can't ask them to play fairly because either you or they don't have a mic, why would you want to play a public, co-op, online game without engaging in voicechat anyway?
---
GamerTag: Lord Elohim PS3 - LordElohim
3DS Friend Code - 0645-5840-7528 Name: Elohim
#33JimiMorrison187Posted 3/30/2013 2:05:57 AM(edited)
Shouldn't these damn duping topics be considered trolling by now? LordElohim is 100% right and arguing against him is laughable.

Pick anmother of the 1000 topics on it and post in there. Enough of this nonsense.

You call out dupers and you are as selfish as you claim they are. Trying to force them to play your way when it has been pointed out millions of times that Gearbox doesn't even consider it an issue. They aren't going to fix it.

Get a mic and ask, or leave the game. Just because your social skills, and probably your annoyance to others is too high for you to get a regular group together shouldn't be the duper's problem. Not to mention that you must have hundreds of hours to waste on this game. People with a wife and kids don't. Unless they want to ruin their lives for the sake of farming imaginary weapons...lol
---
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v643/ripvanwallace/SCAN001.jpg
#34The_Hungry_OnePosted 3/30/2013 4:20:47 AM
JimiMorrison187 posted...
Not to mention that you must have hundreds of hours to waste on this game. People with a wife and kids don't. Unless they want to ruin their lives for the sake of farming imaginary weapons...lol

Your ignorance is astounding. Blindly taking allegiance with Elohim because you yourself is a duper is just sickeningly arrogant. I have a wife and two children, and I have 10 days of play time on Borderlands 2 with just Zer0. My family is just fine, and I find plenty of time to function with my family so your point that I quoted is moot.

I do, however, agree that this argument is pointless and it has been debated too many times. I also agree that for the foreseeable future, duping will be ever-present in Borderlands 2 and any future iterations unless Gearbox simply has a system of dedicated servers, charges us a small fee per month and makes it massively multi-player. On dedicated and maintained servers, duping will be abolished for obvious reasons, and everything will be rosy.

That;s not going to happen though. Gearbox will lose too many casual, underage "fans" for it too work, and even here this idea will be laughed upon by some no doubt.

But I digress. I am more than capable of playing a multi-player game without a mic. I don't need a mic to function, and anyone who tries to put across their point otherwise, clearly has insecurity issues of having to be recognised and accepted and even acknowledged.
---
Sorry, did that hurt? That "sorry" was sarcasm. I am not sorry.
#35smurfsn1p3rPosted 3/30/2013 6:47:26 AM
Shouldn't these damn duping topics be considered trolling by now? LordElohim is 100% right and arguing against him is laughable.

Pick anmother of the 1000 topics on it and post in there. Enough of this nonsense.

You call out dupers and you are as selfish as you claim they are. Trying to force them to play your way when it has been pointed out millions of times that Gearbox doesn't even consider it an issue. They aren't going to fix it.

Get a mic and ask, or leave the game. Just because your social skills, and probably your annoyance to others is too high for you to get a regular group together shouldn't be the duper's problem. Not to mention that you must have hundreds of hours to waste on this game. People with a wife and kids don't. Unless they want to ruin their lives for the sake of farming imaginary weapons...lol

So they dupe these imaginary weapons, and use exploits to make the game more fun, but ruin the experince for others at the same time.

Get off your high horse and respect others, I do not want my game filled with dual norfleet gunzerkers, evil smasher glitching with infinity, and one hitting everything in the game. Knowing they had it duped. I find it funny that just because someone is married or has a job, they are automatically entitled to cheat, and exploit online games, just to enjoy them.. That arguement is as old as you claim this topic to be.

My friend lives with his girl, and has 2 kids, Yet, he still has time to play games, and enjoy time with them. He never has to resort to cheating, exploiting games.
---
I am at 60% neg feedback just from Halo alone. I think of it as a badge of honor, for doing my part to p*ss off kids ages 9-16
#363CDEDPosted 3/30/2013 6:59:28 AM
the problem is once again people always try and prevent people doing something rather than making it unnecessary for them to do it.

rather than stopping duping make duping unnecessary.

make it so that when one player picks up a weapon all players have the option to receive one for themselves. (sort of like how money works)

make all side quests infinitely repeatable so the rewards can be farmed

and finally increase drop rates to a reasonable level. (but not too high obviously)

more backpack space would be nice too.

once thats done only a very small number of people will dupe, likelihood is that small number are the people who you won't be able to stop. the kids who actually buy EA's insta completion DLCs, the kids who in the noughties only ever played san andreas with invincibility on etc. they don't care about anything other than OMG I HAS EVERYTHING!! and they aren't worth caring about.
---
Resident GFAQS Lamborghini Sympathiser
http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8455/7893178522_b49c0e106d_b.jpg https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sLSZZEJvCks
#37Yankeehazard191Posted 3/30/2013 7:25:03 AM
overlordlaharl0 posted...
Yankeehazard191 posted...
Op are you just mad because no one will share with you.

Nah, i got everything from legit drops. I actually trade other people, when they ask if i can dupe them stuff i kick them. You might be one of them.

Oh no! not that what ever will i do. Oh yeah continue playing with the same group I always do and laugh at those who get a little butt hurt over people duping.
---
You don't have daddy issues! Now Luke Sky Walker that guy has daddy issues.
#38MLBloomyPosted 3/30/2013 8:54:50 AM
The_Hungry_One posted...
A credit to anyone who actually reads this, I know it's a bit long. Typical fashion for me, I suppose.

I read it, agree with it and have nearly posted something along those lines numerous times. I just figured it would be a lost cause. I didn't like the possibility of participating in a "trade" where I giveaway a piece of loot and gain another, while the other person simply gained without losing because they gave away a copy of something and are willing to make themselves more. I generally avoided the trading boards for Animal Crossing and Pokemon for the same reason.

Not to mention that you must have hundreds of hours to waste on this game. People with a wife and kids don't. Unless they want to ruin their lives for the sake of farming imaginary weapons...lol

This argument is flawed. Just about everyone has the time to farm, they've just constructed some sort of deadline for themselves as a rationalization. "I want to be finished with this game before this other game comes out" is a choice. Got a job / family / other responsibilities that prevent playing for hours on end in a single sitting? That's not really a problem, because even if you can only play for an hour every other day, the game will still be available to play for weeks / months / years. Someone dealing with a terminal illness is an exception of course, but otherwise, how many people really don't have the time to farm vs. just don't like the prospect of potentially staying with the game for that long a time, or falling behind others when a new game comes out?
#39smurfsn1p3rPosted 3/30/2013 3:29:39 PM
3CDED posted...
the problem is once again people always try and prevent people doing something rather than making it unnecessary for them to do it.

rather than stopping duping make duping unnecessary.

make it so that when one player picks up a weapon all players have the option to receive one for themselves. (sort of like how money works)

make all side quests infinitely repeatable so the rewards can be farmed

and finally increase drop rates to a reasonable level. (but not too high obviously)

more backpack space would be nice too.

once thats done only a very small number of people will dupe, likelihood is that small number are the people who you won't be able to stop. the kids who actually buy EA's insta completion DLCs, the kids who in the noughties only ever played san andreas with invincibility on etc. they don't care about anything other than OMG I HAS EVERYTHING!! and they aren't worth caring about.

Sad to say duing will always be around. There is no magical method that will prevent it. Just have to find trustworthy players to not exploit the games code. With the upcoming UTVH mode coming the quest will be repeatable, but if they cannot even farm a boss for a few hours a week, why would they even care about this, they will still come here asking for freebies.
---
I am at 60% neg feedback just from Halo alone. I think of it as a badge of honor, for doing my part to p*ss off kids ages 9-16
#40killbot357Posted 3/30/2013 3:59:47 PM
smurfsn1p3r posted...
You never played PSO on xbox, have you?

No, I played it on the Dreamcast. I was a semi-notorious thief for a while, back in the day.
---
XBOX GT: illbzo1
Currently playing: Bioshock Infinite