DVA vs Purging: A First World Borderland Problem

#1JagorosPosted 3/29/2013 8:26:57 PM
So I've been doing some research and trying to find out if the DVA prefix works for the Infinity. To the best of what I've read, it seems it DOES have a chance to fire a second projectile but at only 25%-33% of the time. So that brings up an interesting question here.. Which one of these two Infinities is technically better?

Dva Infinity
Damage: 8680
Accuracy: 89.6
Fire Rate: 9.0

VS.

Purging Infinity
Damage: 9464
Accuracy: 90.7
Fire Rate: 8.0

My gut is telling me that the extra shot DVA is, but does it really fire that often? I've been at the training dummy and I can't tell the difference quite honestly. Anyone have any tips? Anyone else go through this problem and come to their own conclusion? I'd be really curious to hear what people had to say. Thanks.
---
~Jagoros
Madness takes it's toll. Please have exact change ready.
#2overlordlaharl0Posted 3/29/2013 9:15:12 PM
Purging. Does so wiki-ing on Blands infinity's.
---
Tu tu Roo.
#3Azrael0206Posted 3/29/2013 10:49:32 PM
Both are obsolete when facing the Vengeful,
So it doesn't really matter.
---
Assistant Manager at Foveroula and Acid's Pawn Shop
I'm so bad at BL2, they call me "Nicholas Casual"
#4AlleRacingPosted 3/30/2013 3:36:18 AM
Dva > Vengeful > Purging
---
http://img356.imageshack.us/img356/8325/scrunchface2copyfx0.png
http://www.xboxlc.com/cards/default/alle5.jpg
#5CapTionisTPosted 3/30/2013 5:56:26 AM
Dva has mid-range everything its special because of the 2 bullets used. However, it boasts a higher fire rate than the Purging.

Purging has the highest base damage and the lowest fire rates infinities can have.

I'd say Dva is the better of the two because it is not affected by the nerf of multi-pellet count and has a higher fire rate (usually around 9.0) making the DPS better by far.

As for Vengful I enjoy it because of the high fire rate and it doesn't have as much recoil, but damage wise i will still take the Dva
---
PSN/GT: CapTionisT
You know you suck as a sidekick, Im just letting you know so that the next time you think you're bad@$$..don't do it ~ Desert Punk
#6Pvt-SpoonPosted 3/30/2013 6:15:16 AM
I wonder sometimes how much some of the prefix's really matter.
I have a Rapid infinity,
Dam 9464
Acc 88.8
FR 8.0

Other than accuracy, it seems pretty comparable to the others.
---
A pessimist is just an optimist with more experience.
GT:GrandPa40