Most powerful character?

#11Lost_DjinnPosted 3/31/2013 9:57:29 AM
MystearicaGrant posted...
CapTionisT posted...
Maya would "wreck" things for a long manner of time and would lose health when in group battles. Ruin and subsequence will be awesome and a realized dream at the level cap increase.

Zer0 would be the least practical of them all because his skills dont go handed in hand... but he would be the funniest IMO

Subsequence does not cause Ruin or Helios to trigger again sadly, unless they change that with the upcoming releases. Some players, on PC I think, tested this using cheat devices or such.

Zero actually has something going for him here despite what you said. Many Must Fall triggering refreshes the Kunai from... Death Blossom was it?

I don't know about ruin, but unless they patched it, at least Helios should still work with Subsequence. It did for me anyway.
---
---
"Opinions are immunity to being told you're wrong" - Relient K
#12kylekillgannonPosted 3/31/2013 10:00:21 AM
Azrael0206 posted...
Zero crowd killing = Death Blossom + Many Must Fall
He'll be better than Sal, for skilled players.

He won't be better than Sal, especially in the hands of skilled players. But he will indeed be a force as he basically picks off entire groups and marks them.
---
History is written by those who have hanged heroes.
#13Azrael0206Posted 3/31/2013 10:04:50 AM
kylekillgannon posted...
Azrael0206 posted...

He won't be better than Sal, especially in the hands of skilled players. But he will indeed be a force as he basically picks off entire groups and marks them.

You're right
That was a stupid comment
People's playstyles are so different.

All I meant is everyone dismissing a powerful Zero should seriously reconsider his capabilities.
He will probably become my favorite after reaching 61. :P
---
Assistant Manager at Foveroula and Acid's Pawn Shop
I remember Alvor every time I make Skyforge Steel
#14kylekillgannonPosted 3/31/2013 10:09:38 AM
Azrael0206 posted...
kylekillgannon posted...
Azrael0206 posted...

You're right
That was a stupid comment
People's playstyles are so different.

All I meant is everyone dismissing a powerful Zero should seriously reconsider his capabilities.

Oh he would be amazing at max. No doubt. All of his skills would complement that, and he would be able to handle any situation. It would really be an idealized model.
---
History is written by those who have hanged heroes.
#15PTP2009Posted 3/31/2013 10:13:33 AM
Ruin probably doesn't work with Subsequence because they didn't bother to make it work, since it should be impossible. It's not like there's some universal law or commandment from god saying "Ruin and Subsequence shall not work together".

Somewhere in the code, there's probably something that looks like this:

ON enemy dying:
. . IF enemy was under Phaselock AND player has Subsequence THEN:
. . . . seek out new target
. . . . IF player has Heilos THEN:
. . . . . . trigger Helios again with new target

It would take extra work (not much, if my guess is correct, but extra nonetheless) to make it re-trigger Ruin too. I'm fully expecting it to work like that once the level cap increases.
#16CapTionisTPosted 3/31/2013 10:28:05 AM
Azrael0206 posted...

I'm not dismissing him as a powerful character, if i was sorry for bad wording. I merely meant that compared to others his action skill would be the least powerful fully maxed. He is still extremely powerful

Zer0 is my favorite character by far and I'm looking forward to death bl0ss0m with execute and B0re, and a critical Ascensi0n build wont be so glass cannon like because Innervate is awesome.
---
PSN/GT: CapTionisT
You know you suck as a sidekick, Im just letting you know so that the next time you think you're bad@$$..don't do it ~ Desert Punk
#17CapTionisTPosted 3/31/2013 10:31:46 AM
PTP2009 posted...
Ruin probably doesn't work with Subsequence because they didn't bother to make it work, since it should be impossible. It's not like there's some universal law or commandment from god saying "Ruin and Subsequence shall not work together".

Somewhere in the code, there's probably something that looks like this:

ON enemy dying:
. . IF enemy was under Phaselock AND player has Subsequence THEN:
. . . . seek out new target
. . . . IF player has Heilos THEN:
. . . . . . trigger Helios again with new target

It would take extra work (not much, if my guess is correct, but extra nonetheless) to make it re-trigger Ruin too. I'm fully expecting it to work like that once the level cap increases.

This would be true if the script was like that but Subsequence treats whatever target it hits next as a newly phaselocked enemy thus triggering ruin.
---
PSN/GT: CapTionisT
You know you suck as a sidekick, Im just letting you know so that the next time you think you're bad@$$..don't do it ~ Desert Punk
#18Jambi_ManPosted 3/31/2013 11:07:21 AM
Zero.... Always zero
---
Vladof rules
#19mu695Posted 3/31/2013 12:00:47 PM
From: MystearicaGrant | Posted: 3/31/2013 5:48:31 PM | #006
Subsequence does not cause Ruin or Helios to trigger again sadly, unless they change that with the upcoming releases. Some players, on PC I think, tested this using cheat devices or such.

Video evidence anyone?

Also I'd have to say this is between Sal and Axton, Axton would be able to tank anything (try going for >5 Grit with his other tanking skills, he currently has more than he can actually take) and would have a very high DPS with an insane turret however Sal could one-hit just about anything (>5 money shot + an unholy rate of fire).

Sure Maya could crowd control like no other but why CC when you can kill everything?

And unfortunately Zer0 doesn't really benefit from more skills and I'd have to agree with the guy who claimed "Gaige can be a freak, but all of the Deathtrap skills kind of overloads him with s*** to do", in fact I can see Gaige almost becoming a non-tanky medium between Sal and Axton who could probably only compete with Snorefleet + BSS.
---
GT: dark reaper 175
That guy who duped everyone 600 million on Fable 2.