So what exactly are Jack's "powers"?

#1Xade76Posted 3/31/2013 4:39:17 AM(edited)
I know this sounds like a stupid question that could probably be explained by physical modifications (which definitely wouldn't be outside the realm of his affording), but I'm genuinely curious to know if there's anything official about his abilities. I went to the Wikia, but found nothing on it.

What comes to mind is when, following his daughter's death, Jack lifts his hand and sends Lilith back without even touching her, almost implying that he has gravity-affecting powers... like a Siren's...? I know he's not a Siren or even part-Siren, though (for obvious reasons...).

Soooo... anyone care to shed any light on this subject?

I'll be back on later this evening.
---
http://tinyurl.com/a7bj4rp
#2davinthegreat98Posted 3/31/2013 5:03:49 AM
Jack has the same powers as Iron Man and Batman
---
Not changing this sig until i fix my time machine.
Finished on 8/26/2012
#3TheLast0neAlivePosted 3/31/2013 5:09:37 AM
He didn't use the force, he threw a collar onto her neck.
---
Honestly, I think I'd rather stick my dick in a blender. - Raylan Givens.
#4LeTHaL_PiRaTePosted 3/31/2013 5:23:37 AM
Teleportation, making copies of himself instantly, I'm sure there are others that are mentioned in the echo logs.
---
GT: LeTHaL PiRaTe
Futa - You're gonna like what you see
#5chuckleswoodPosted 3/31/2013 5:30:18 AM
LeTHaL_PiRaTe posted...
Teleportation, making copies of himself instantly, I'm sure there are others that are mentioned in the echo logs.

He also uses the power of humor.
---
"There it is you guys.....Mee-krob"
#6karmafreejackPosted 3/31/2013 5:43:11 AM
davinthegreat98 posted...

^this: Jack is nothing but a nerd with access to tech.
Said tech gives him such abilities seen in the game. The bubble shield, his cloning, his one hit kill gun, teleporting/stealth, etc. All Hyperian tech that only he has real access to.
#7DethuliPosted 3/31/2013 5:48:11 AM
Jack doesn't have any powers per se. All of his abilities are derived from Hyperion tech. When he stops Lilith in the Control Core, he is placing a slave coller around her neck (Angel has one too, IIRC). He uses the Fast-Travel network to teleport, just like the Vault Hunters. He has a cloaking devive like Zero and Hyperion snipers, but his cloak creates multiple mobile holographic copies. Also, his face has a massive vault symbol scar. He's also the galaxy's pettiest delusional sociopathic doucebag.
---
Got a minute? You might learn something.
#8Frumpy88Posted 3/31/2013 6:58:30 AM
His "powers" are money and manipulation
---
B BAKD
#9Vlad_Impaler7Posted 3/31/2013 7:31:28 AM
davinthegreat98 posted...

This is about the most perfect answer to the TC's question anyone could give.

In a nutshell: intelligence and practically unlimited money.
---
"Bingo!!!" - Bayman, Dead Or Alive series
XBOX Live Gamertag: Vlad Impaler7
#10Xade76(Topic Creator)Posted 3/31/2013 9:23:02 AM(edited)
Thanks for the quick responses, guys! Alright then, he most likely doesn't have "powers".. I figured there was a technological explanation for all the tricks he had up his sleeve during the battle, but as for the slave collar thing... *slaps forehead*... How the hell did I not notice that!? x_x
---
http://tinyurl.com/a7bj4rp