Duping Poll

#11JimiMorrison187(Topic Creator)Posted 3/31/2013 7:14:30 PM
How am I nitpicking? All those guns have different attributes.

Speaking of "LF" threads. I searched it just using those two letters and it came out to 96 pages:

http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/638784-borderlands-2?search=lf

Don't think that a lot of those are words that just have lf in them either. Pick any page and it will be all "LF" topics. That's 50 per page too.
---
If you like Terraria and can't wait for Starbound check out Darkout too (Greenlight it!): http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=98158224
#12fredbeatswilmaPosted 3/31/2013 7:30:51 PM
I'm on my phone and at a bar. Trust me I will let you know. You are nitpicking about best versions. Retract your statement.
---
uh huh, herbal derbally berbil urbil
#13JustinTheJaggedPosted 3/31/2013 7:33:29 PM
I don't dupe and have no problem with people who do. It's their game, as long as they aren't actively trying to ruin the game for others they are welcome to play it however they wish.
---
Gamer for life, 31 years and counting.
A life without video games is not a life worth living.
#14JimiMorrison187(Topic Creator)Posted 3/31/2013 7:39:50 PM(edited)
Retract my statement? LMAO

You can't be serious.

I'm not nitpicking anything. I'm stating facts. They are different. If you ahve your mind set on getting a specific one, as many of the LF threads clearly show this is no small group of people, it is not an exaggeration at all. IT just takes way longer. The drop rate may be the same, but that doesn't factor in the extra random factors of getting the exact one you want.

Anyone that wants an Alkaline Bee, or a Redundant Fibber, or anything else like that knows the pain of it. You might get 20 Bees before you get an Alkaline. You may have to reset 50 times before you pull a Redundant Fibber, Level 50, and has shock element on it. Difference between that one and another Fibber is night and day.
---
DARE you not to laugh: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r6PCXF2NfMg
#15MrImpatient35Posted 3/31/2013 9:06:37 PM
I dupe...usually as a last resort. If I farm for 5 days with no results, I'm duping...I'm a man of little patience.
---
I have Dysarthria. It's a Speech problem. Your question is answered now.
#16brokenfingersPosted 4/1/2013 3:08:36 AM
I stopped playing online w/ randoms because I had people joining my games i was hosting demanding dupes from me--who would then continue to message me after I kicked them. So in a sense, duping sort of has hurt my online experience

Sounds to me like it was not duping but entitlled jackasses who hurt your experience. Take away the ability to be punched in the mouth and certain people just turn into the biggest pieces of **** ever.
---
For me, that philosophy reduces itself to: "I'm on board; pull up the lifeline."--Ebert on Rand
#17Lost_DjinnPosted 4/1/2013 3:38:52 AM
JimiMorrison187 posted...

You can't be serious.

I'm not nitpicking anything. I'm stating facts. They are different. If you ahve your mind set on getting a specific one, as many of the LF threads clearly show this is no small group of people, it is not an exaggeration at all. IT just takes way longer. The drop rate may be the same, but that doesn't factor in the extra random factors of getting the exact one you want.

Anyone that wants an Alkaline Bee, or a Redundant Fibber, or anything else like that knows the pain of it. You might get 20 Bees before you get an Alkaline. You may have to reset 50 times before you pull a Redundant Fibber, Level 50, and has shock element on it. Difference between that one and another Fibber is night and day.

Different yeah, night and day difference not so much. Your whole post equates to nitpicking, especially when you refuse to accept anything other then what you have in mind.

I would agree with you if it weren't for the fact that legendary gear has even less part variation then normal gear, and even that is less then BL1. And the parts you can swap don't have enough of an impact to consider them "night and day" differences(apart from element). It's good you want the best of the best, don't get me wrong. I don't settle for less either. But denying it's nitpicking when one part can make or break a gun....-_-'' sigh
---
---
"Opinions are immunity to being told you're wrong" - Relient K
#18_Cheyenne_Posted 4/1/2013 4:54:45 AM
I don't dupe but I have been known to use others saves to get the best weapons/shields all at once.
---
`.,,.~ Cheyenne ~.,,.`
#19JimiMorrison187(Topic Creator)Posted 4/1/2013 11:35:24 AM
JimiMorrison187 posted...

You can't be serious.

Different yeah, night and day difference not so much. Your whole post equates to nitpicking, especially when you refuse to accept anything other then what you have in mind.

I would agree with you if it weren't for the fact that legendary gear has even less part variation then normal gear, and even that is less then BL1. And the parts you can swap don't have enough of an impact to consider them "night and day" differences(apart from element). It's good you want the best of the best, don't get me wrong. I don't settle for less either. But denying it's nitpicking when one part can make or break a gun....-_-'' sigh

You're kind of missing the point of that whole conversation though. It was a continuation of the post that I quoted in which he was talking about how much of a pain in the ass it is to get Legendary loot and that the farming was a bit too much.

The Redunadant Fibber is night and day compared to any of the other ones you can get. They have completely different properties than that does. You can get that one even with x1 as well as 2 other barrels on it that cause a completely different gun function. There is some stupid arc gun feature that has like a crit multiplier I think and another one that does some nonsense I never bothered to look at...lol

It's not that I can't get the exact gun I want, BUT it is that there are these variations that add on even more to what he was saying about the RNG and the amount of farming it requires.
---
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v452/Kwelity/avila2.jpg
#20minsterXYZPosted 4/1/2013 2:27:20 PM
spfurm01 posted...
I stopped playing online w/ randoms because I had people joining my games i was hosting demanding dupes from me--who would then continue to message me after I kicked them. So in a sense, duping sort of has hurt my online experience. That said, I'll dupe for friends if we both want the same gun, which isn't very often.

The one thing that I don't like about duping is the sheer amount of LF "trading" threads and topics asking for dupes that clutters up the board.

What I enjoy about the game is meeting up with people you've never met and trading weapons. Thats the reason I played Pokemon for so long. If thats what I like about it why can't I trade with people? I understand being annoyed by people looking for handouts, but whats wrong with trading. They even included it as part of the game this time.
---
Gamertag xXGunx4xH1R3xXx