Duping Poll

#21minsterXYZPosted 4/1/2013 2:29:44 PM
JimiMorrison187 posted...
Retract my statement? LMAO

You can't be serious.

I'm not nitpicking anything. I'm stating facts. They are different. If you ahve your mind set on getting a specific one, as many of the LF threads clearly show this is no small group of people, it is not an exaggeration at all. IT just takes way longer. The drop rate may be the same, but that doesn't factor in the extra random factors of getting the exact one you want.

Anyone that wants an Alkaline Bee, or a Redundant Fibber, or anything else like that knows the pain of it. You might get 20 Bees before you get an Alkaline. You may have to reset 50 times before you pull a Redundant Fibber, Level 50, and has shock element on it. Difference between that one and another Fibber is night and day.

Different yeah, night and day difference not so much. Your whole post equates to nitpicking, especially when you refuse to accept anything other then what you have in mind.

I would agree with you if it weren't for the fact that legendary gear has even less part variation then normal gear, and even that is less then BL1. And the parts you can swap don't have enough of an impact to consider them "night and day" differences(apart from element). It's good you want the best of the best, don't get me wrong. I don't settle for less either. But denying it's nitpicking when one part can make or break a gun....-_-'' sigh

You're kind of missing the point of that whole conversation though. It was a continuation of the post that I quoted in which he was talking about how much of a pain in the ass it is to get Legendary loot and that the farming was a bit too much.

The Redunadant Fibber is night and day compared to any of the other ones you can get. They have completely different properties than that does. You can get that one even with x1 as well as 2 other barrels on it that cause a completely different gun function. There is some stupid arc gun feature that has like a crit multiplier I think and another one that does some nonsense I never bothered to look at...lol

It's not that I can't get the exact gun I want, BUT it is that there are these variations that add on even more to what he was saying about the RNG and the amount of farming it requires.

Sorry to post right after myself, but I just saw this. I know that you can mod the RNG and always get what you want, but its different for every game and I don't kno how to work this one's. If I figure it out I'll get you whatever you want.
---
Gamertag xXGunx4xH1R3xXx
#22spfurm01Posted 4/1/2013 2:48:02 PM
minsterXYZ posted...
What I enjoy about the game is meeting up with people you've never met and trading weapons. Thats the reason I played Pokemon for so long. If thats what I like about it why can't I trade with people? I understand being annoyed by people looking for handouts, but whats wrong with trading. They even included it as part of the game this time.

The "trading" I was referring to is the dupe for me and I dupe for you "trading". Hence the quotation marks. There's nothing wrong with trading (or really even "trading" if that's your thing, as anti-dupers aren't going to "trade" anyway), but there have been several times when after the next big farming technique was found there would be nothing but pages upon pages of LF CC/Bee/Fibber/Sand Hawk/Norfleet/Infinity/Evil Smasher. I really wish the board would get split into separate boards for gameplay and trading, but that will likely never happen if it hasn't happened yet.

brokenfingers posted...
I stopped playing online w/ randoms because I had people joining my games i was hosting demanding dupes from me--who would then continue to message me after I kicked them. So in a sense, duping sort of has hurt my online experience

Sounds to me like it was not duping but entitlled jackasses who hurt your experience. Take away the ability to be punched in the mouth and certain people just turn into the biggest pieces of **** ever.

Duping enables them to be entitled jackasses.
---
We know Gavorn's tricks! We leave!
#23Lost_DjinnPosted 4/1/2013 3:01:13 PM

You're kind of missing the point of that whole conversation though. It was a continuation of the post that I quoted in which he was talking about how much of a pain in the ass it is to get Legendary loot and that the farming was a bit too much.

The Redunadant Fibber is night and day compared to any of the other ones you can get. They have completely different properties than that does. You can get that one even with x1 as well as 2 other barrels on it that cause a completely different gun function. There is some stupid arc gun feature that has like a crit multiplier I think and another one that does some nonsense I never bothered to look at...lol

It's not that I can't get the exact gun I want, BUT it is that there are these variations that add on even more to what he was saying about the RNG and the amount of farming it requires.

Not really, I'm just addressing one thing in particular. So repeating yourself just now really did not serve any purpose. (though I'm about to do the same thing)

Yes RNG is stingy, the more specific things you want the worse it gets. I personally just don't see why people can be so OCD (hyperbole) on getting specific parts because I don't feel like they have enough affect (specifically legendary gear). This directly ties into how bad of a time someone can have with the RNG.

Like the other poster, the nitpicking refers to wanting to get best versions, and your statement how it's not not nitpicking because they have different attributes. I simply disagree with THAT part. To which I commented with my first post. Probably should have just quoted that post instead ^^'' oh well. I got my point across I think.
---
---
"Opinions are immunity to being told you're wrong" - Relient K
#24minsterXYZPosted 4/1/2013 3:03:12 PM
I do that if I can. I am a single dad (2 boys) who is 18, works 2 jobs and is a full time college student. I don't have time to farm. If some one is against duping I repect it and trade straight up, but other wise there is no other way to build up a collection than to dupe for each other. The only lv 50 orange I ever found was an Impaler. I was lucky I had a friend who gave me a ton of good items. (Yes I bought game and season pass before the kids were mine, I didn't waste their food money, I adopted them b/c my sister couldn't take care of them not too long ago.)
---
Gamertag xXGunx4xH1R3xXx
#25RandyPitchford1Posted 4/1/2013 4:14:23 PM
My vote is in........by the looks of it about 95% don't really care.
#26SomboSteelPosted 4/2/2013 1:17:53 PM
Does this mean that the cry baby minority can stop harassing people who want to dupe or trade or whatever? Obviously the majority doesnt care and it doesnt ruin their gaming experience.
#27jreed1337Posted 4/2/2013 1:20:38 PM
frankly my dear, i don't give a damn.
---
1+3+3=7
#28notrandomPosted 4/2/2013 1:48:33 PM
Odd how the lowest one should actually be the highest going by the topics on this board.
I guess all the people who constant raid topics insisting the game be played "the way it was meant to be" just didn't vote.
---
Say no to EA and Ubisoft's online passes. Say no to Capcom and Activision's scummy DLC ways. Say no to NISA's terrible and unfaithful localizations.
#29SomboSteelPosted 4/3/2013 12:44:43 PM
bump
#30SomboSteelPosted 4/4/2013 11:37:10 AM
bump