Duping Poll

• Topic Archived
2 years ago#41
I think a lot of people confuse not wanting to take the time and not having the time. Unless you are terminally ill you have the time.

Also I need to address the nitpick thing. I will do so later.
---
uh huh, herbal derbally berbil urbil
2 years ago#42
It falls under the discretion of the person im assisting, always.

I dont care either way, and as long as you dont attack others, I respect both sides of the argument equally.
---
What is a man?!
A miserable little pile of secrets!
2 years ago#43
JimiMorrison187 posted...

You're kind of missing the point of that whole conversation though. It was a continuation of the post that I quoted in which he was talking about how much of a pain in the ass it is to get Legendary loot and that the farming was a bit too much.

The Redunadant Fibber is night and day compared to any of the other ones you can get. They have completely different properties than that does. You can get that one even with x1 as well as 2 other barrels on it that cause a completely different gun function. There is some stupid arc gun feature that has like a crit multiplier I think and another one that does some nonsense I never bothered to look at...lol

It's not that I can't get the exact gun I want, BUT it is that there are these variations that add on even more to what he was saying about the RNG and the amount of farming it requires.

Not really, I'm just addressing one thing in particular. So repeating yourself just now really did not serve any purpose. (though I'm about to do the same thing)

Yes RNG is stingy, the more specific things you want the worse it gets. I personally just don't see why people can be so OCD (hyperbole) on getting specific parts because I don't feel like they have enough affect (specifically legendary gear). This directly ties into how bad of a time someone can have with the RNG.

Like the other poster, the nitpicking refers to wanting to get best versions, and your statement how it's not not nitpicking because they have different attributes. I simply disagree with THAT part. To which I commented with my first post. Probably should have just quoted that post instead ^^'' oh well. I got my point across I think.

I never said the same thing twice. I described the Fibber and how it has 3 different barrels which makes it a completely different gun with each one. That's hardly what I'd call nitpicking. This isn't the only gun, including legendaries that have this discrepancy between gun parts. Do you see anyone ever looking for another type of Harold than the Double Penetrating one? There are several versions of that gun that make it a much worse drop, or purchase than the double penetrating one. Like a one with a +50% melee on it. Ones that do about 30% less damage because of a single part. These guns aren't a small difference.

To call this nitpicking doesn't make any sense. They are literally different guns even though they have the same base name. When you try to farm a Legendary such as these you want THAT one. Any other one is probably junk to you. I wouldn't even use one of the others because they aren't that great of guns unless you get the proper prefix and parts. The Fibber is completely useless without the x2 on it for what the gun is. Getting the one with the stupid arc shot makes it even worse than the one that has the splatter.

On top of all those things you have to worry about getting a Level 48-49 instead of a Level 50, which have far inferior stats. There are just too many variables involved in THIS RNG for the drops to be such a low probability is all he was saying originally. IF I'm going to farm for weapons, then finally get a drop, only to have it be made from crap parts and get one 2 levels below me I hardly think it is nitpicking to be disappointed about it and feel like it was a complete waste of time.
---
If you like Terraria and can't wait for Starbound check out Darkout too (Greenlight it!): http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=98158224
2 years ago#44
So 48.53% of the voters in this poll are lazy entitled casuals.

Sounds a little on the low side, tbqh.
---
Borderlands 2 BAR: 83022 --- Beware the Lag!
2 years ago#45
If you dont dupe you are a tool.
---
Gamefaqs most "liked" and respected poster. Global warming is real. My IQ is 133 Mensa certified.
Evolution is fact. Gamefaqs Life coach and mentor.
2 years ago#46

I figured #2 would win by a landslide actually. Was kind of surprised that half the people said they dupe...lol

It's actually over 60% with the 4th option of people that changed their tune and started duping.
---
http://assets.sbnation.com/assets/968921/walldunk_medium.gif
2 years ago#47

I figured #2 would win by a landslide actually. Was kind of surprised that half the people said they dupe...lol

It's actually over 60% with the 4th option of people that changed their tune and started duping.

The people who started duping either got a job or realized how poorly made this game is.
---
Gamefaqs most "liked" and respected poster. Global warming is real. My IQ is 133 Mensa certified.
Evolution is fact. Gamefaqs Life coach and mentor.
2 years ago#48
SinisterBlade posted...

I dont care either way, and as long as you dont attack others, I respect both sides of the argument equally.

Ditto...
and now I want a cookie..
---
"You mean..... I'm the bad guy?"- W. Foster
2 years ago#49
I think a lot of people confuse not wanting to take the time and not having the time. Unless you are terminally ill you have the time.

More like people don't want to sacrifice things in their life to play a video game. Like their family and their jobs. Considering that they probably need the money, and want to keep their wife from taking their kids away from them, they don't have the time.

Hell..if you are terminally ill you probably MORE time than someone else to play games. You likely lay in bed all day, and nobody is gonna give you any crap for playing games at that point. You have nothing to lose. Might have more time than family guy anyways, since he could be thinking about your logic and steer himself into a median on his way home from work.
---
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v643/ripvanwallace/k3u0zo.jpg
2 years ago#50
Mander1861 posted...
If you dupe you are a tool.

wow we actually agree on something.
---
Borderlands 2 BAR: 83022 --- Beware the Lag!

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived