Which character do you think will benefit most from the level cap?

#31AlleRacingPosted 4/1/2013 6:46:15 PM
I have also used all characters with all skills. Against anything decently powerful, his turrets don't even last the fight. The double nuke is handy against weaker enemies, but they were never a problem anyway. Sal has more offensive power and has greater survivability.
---
http://img356.imageshack.us/img356/8325/scrunchface2copyfx0.png
http://www.xboxlc.com/cards/default/alle5.jpg
#32Kvothe69Posted 4/1/2013 7:02:24 PM
I'm really going to miss the throw-gernades-when-in-FFYL skill but Double Up + Gemini is to good to pass by
---
3ds friend code: 1719-3788-1911
Mongoose Has Returned
#33SomboSteelPosted 4/1/2013 7:04:10 PM
AlleRacing posted...
I have also used all characters with all skills. Against anything decently powerful, his turrets don't even last the fight. The double nuke is handy against weaker enemies, but they were never a problem anyway. Sal has more offensive power and has greater survivability.

Exactly.
#34TheIastspartanPosted 4/1/2013 7:14:47 PM(edited)
AlleRacing posted...

Like I said, I hardly lost any turrets in TVHM, and that was without longbow. Good placement is key. And Sal is good, but with a bigger emphasis on slag during UVHM Axton will reign supreme.

Either way, gemini and double up is one of the best pairs of gamechangers in the game, and the majority of posters here agree. Maybe you're just missing something, I dunno. But he's winning the poll for a reason(by a landslide, might I add).
#35CORNBRE4DPosted 4/2/2013 12:21:16 AM
Only problem with Gemini + double up is that each turret is going to die instantly. Gemini + Nuke will be great.
---
Twitter.com/CORNBRE4D - XBOX LIVE: it is Cornbread
Music: http://www.datpiff.com/profile/IX_Cornbread_XI
#36R4M5T4RPosted 4/2/2013 12:28:55 AM
KRIEG THE PSYCHO! in the first tree he will get massive damage
and the second tree he will get an extra set of arms to beat you with
---
RJ FC: 077522406323 statistically speaking, 6 out of 7 dwarfs aren't happy
#37KingoenglandPosted 4/2/2013 12:57:01 PM
Jkickit posted...
Axton and his turret. Gemini + Double Up.

Am I the only one not doing this? I'm doing Double Up + Nuke to give Axton decent gun skills with Torgue weapons along with the slag turret. Personally, I dont think Survival has good enough skills besides Gemini and Mag Lock.

A lot of people dont see the potential in explosive Axton. Torgue guns count as gun damage AND grenade damage. Look at Axton's Gunpowder skills.
Impact 5/5: 20% gun damage
Steady 5/5: 25% grenade damage
Battlefront 5/5: 30% gun damage AND 30% grenade damage
Ranger 5/5: 5% gun damage

combined with Onslaught 5/5, Torgue guns do an extra 140% damage when the turret is out and killing things. Give Axton a Grenadier (+35% grenade damage, +5 impact, +4 Steady, +4 Grenadier) or Rifleman #+35% AR damage, +5 Impact, +4 Onslaught, +4 Battlefront) class mod with a Slippery KerBlaster and a Cobra, and everything dies

not to mention he has a 2x health slag longbow rocket nuke turret
#38kylekillgannonPosted 4/2/2013 1:00:11 PM
TheIastspartan posted...
Like I said, I hardly lost any turrets in TVHM, and that was without longbow. Good placement is key. And Sal is good, but with a bigger emphasis on slag during UVHM Axton will reign supreme.

And then you get a slag grenade, and Axton is obsolete.

The turrets can be handy for light support, but Gunzerking kicks just about everything's ass.
---
History is written by those who have hanged heroes.
#39SomboSteelPosted 4/2/2013 1:04:59 PM
TheIastspartan posted...
AlleRacing posted...

Either way, gemini and double up is one of the best pairs of gamechangers in the game, and the majority of posters here agree. Maybe you're just missing something, I dunno. But he's winning the poll for a reason(by a landslide, might I add).

Or maybe it is just that the majority of people who play Axton are dumb
#40SomboSteelPosted 4/2/2013 1:05:58 PM
kylekillgannon posted...
TheIastspartan posted...

And then you get a slag grenade, and Axton is obsolete.

The turrets can be handy for light support, but Gunzerking kicks just about everything's ass.

This