Ultimate Vault Hunter Mode Details:

#1Wanz44Posted 4/1/2013 5:13:00 AM
400 Microsoft Points

- Ultimate Vault Hunter Mode is unlocked for a character once they have completed the main story missions in True Vault Hunter Mode and reached level 50.
- Unlike other playthroughs, Ultimate Vault Hunter Mode can be replayed multiple times with players able to reset their overall mission progress at any time from the Main Menu.
- No more tutorial missions -- characters in Ultimate Vault Hunter Mode begin in Southern Shelf with the "Cleaning Up the Berg" mission.
- While playing in Ultimate Vault Hunter Mode, enemies and bosses will scale according to the player's current level or, if playing with others, the highest-level player in that party.
- Gameplay changes in UVHM:
- Enemy health generally increased 4x.
- Enemies now have a moderate amount of health regeneration.
- Increased duration of slag damage multiplier effect.
- Upped the damage that slagged enemies take from 2x to 3x.
- Weapon swap speed increased to better facilitate slag use.
- Enemies now more likely to drop ammo.
- Loot Midgets are now "Legendary Loot Midgets" that can drop Legendary and other top-tier gear.-Gearbox fourms
---
Member since Wednesday December 8, 1999...
... Former user names; 'Wanz 1' and 'Wanz4'
#2SuprSaiyanRockrPosted 4/1/2013 5:19:18 AM
Also worth mentioning is the prescence of e-tech relics and pearlescent weapons, which will also be available in UVHM.
---
GT/PSN: SuprSaiyanRockr
Efficiency>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Nostalgia. Always.
#3MrImpatient35Posted 4/1/2013 5:22:36 AM
SuprSaiyanRockr posted...
Also worth mentioning is the prescence of e-tech relics and pearlescent weapons, which will also be available in UVHM.

I'm really looking forward to that, because currently, there aren't that many relics that are really good. Maybe like 2 relics are good lol.
---
I have Dysarthria. It's a Speech problem. Your question is answered now.
#4F_GalikanokusPosted 4/1/2013 5:32:54 AM
So does anyone know how quest rewards will scale? Will I have to beat UVHM for all the rewards to scale to 61? Or since enemies automatically scale to your level will quest rewards scale to your level too?
---
"I hadn't laughed this much since Dick Cheney shot that guy in the face."
#5Wanz44(Topic Creator)Posted 4/1/2013 5:35:07 AM

Good point!
---
#6VampLordAdamaruPosted 4/1/2013 5:43:38 AM
You're wrong about the cost. They already said UVHM is free.

The level cap/Pearlescent guns are $5/400 XBLP if you do NOT have the season pass, or free if you have it.
---
Founder - IRDC AND Fluffy the Friendly Deathclaw Fanclub
ULCE#: 9,426 of 53,160; Misty is mine!
#7Wanz44(Topic Creator)Posted 4/1/2013 7:12:08 AM(edited)
They already said UVHM is free.

My bad on that one.

For the 400pt charge:
--Level Cap Raise to Level 61 in an upgrade pack(free for season pass holders, $5.00 for everyone else) You get 1 skill point per level. All in all, 11 additional skill points.
--Included in the level cap raise pack - New weapon tier - Pearlescent weapons

---
#8davinthegreat98Posted 4/1/2013 7:11:49 AM
Wanz44 posted...

- Increased duration of slag damage multiplier effect.
- Upped the damage that slagged enemies take from 2x to 3x.
- Weapon swap speed increased to better facilitate slag use.
-Gearbox fourms

YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS.png
---
Not changing this sig until i fix my time machine.
Finished on 8/26/2012
#9spfurm01Posted 4/1/2013 9:09:04 AM
F_Galikanokus posted...
So does anyone know how quest rewards will scale? Will I have to beat UVHM for all the rewards to scale to 61? Or since enemies automatically scale to your level will quest rewards scale to your level too?

My guess is that when you accept quests they are scaled to your level, but if you level up or something in the meantime, the reward won't scale to your new level.

From what I've heard though, you can restart and play through UVHM infinite times, so once you beat it and hit level 61 if there's something you want to get at that level you *could* restart and get it that way.
---
We know Gavorn's tricks! We leave!
#10F_GalikanokusPosted 4/1/2013 9:21:01 AM
spfurm01 posted...
F_Galikanokus posted...

My guess is that when you accept quests they are scaled to your level, but if you level up or something in the meantime, the reward won't scale to your new level.

From what I've heard though, you can restart and play through UVHM infinite times, so once you beat it and hit level 61 if there's something you want to get at that level you *could* restart and get it that way.

Makes sense, now it's only a matter of time before someone can confirm this.
---
"I hadn't laughed this much since Dick Cheney shot that guy in the face."