Evil Smasher exploit gets nerfed tomorrow.

#31Evil SquallPosted 4/1/2013 4:15:49 PM
Forgive my ignorance but couldnt you just delete the patches and still use the Evil Smasher to farm raid bosses (or just beat them if thats all you want to do to remove the mission from your quest log)?

Youd be offline of course but if all you want to do is beat the raid boss wouldnt that work?
---
Currently Playing: Borderlands 2 : Maya Lvl 50 - Gaige Lvl 50
It's not until you lose everything that you are free to do anything
#32jloewensteinPosted 4/1/2013 4:17:13 PM
Wallcrawler8878 posted...
There are several ways shown in videos all over the net about how to solo these raid bosses without using the evil smasher.

It will require some legwork for players without XBL Gold, but its still very doable.

Pyro Pete, use the Shock Sandhawk and a Bee Shield. If you have trouble, jump up into the ring around the area and lure him into getting stuck for easy mode.

Dexiduous, just run to the arcway under the Hunting Lodge. He cant reach you, and the only attack you need to dodge is the brown spit. Again, easy mode.

Hyperius, if you have Zero you just need BORE, a singularity grenade, and an Unkempt Harold. Singularity the minions in a group lined up in front of Hyperius, enter Deception, fire a couple times and clean up the loot.

Alternatively, you can go between a Corrosive Sandhawk to be used on the minions, and a Fire Sandhawk to be used on Hyperius himself, all the while skirting the very outside of the arena.

Master Gee, the easiest way for me was with a Siren. Then I equipped a Rubi Pistol, and the Inflammable Flame of the Firehawk. Kill the first worm, and absorb his acid yourself before your shield goes down. Once your shield goes down, the nova blasts start coming and they will never stop, as the acid never allows the shield to start regenerating. Because you have Rubi in your hand, that nova damage helps to keep you healed far faster than the acid can damage you. Then its just a matter of phaselocking the worms with Converge added, as they are about to die and Gee will instantly take on the debuff.

Great post!

Terramorphous (with Zero) - espec Critical Ascension and, with Lyuda/White Death, the Bee, Legendary Hunter and a Vladof Allegiance (or a sniper rifle relic), camp his spawn points, shooting his eyes.
---
Steam: jloewenstein
#33JustinTheJaggedPosted 4/1/2013 4:53:05 PM
Evil Squall posted...
Forgive my ignorance but couldnt you just delete the patches and still use the Evil Smasher to farm raid bosses (or just beat them if thats all you want to do to remove the mission from your quest log)?

Youd be offline of course but if all you want to do is beat the raid boss wouldnt that work?

That depends on if the DLCs require a patch to function properly. You also wouldn't have access to the hotfix that makes it so you can fight the boss multiple times.
---
Gamer for life, 31 years and counting.
A life without video games is not a life worth living.
#34UroborosAheriPosted 4/1/2013 4:55:29 PM
Evil Squall posted...

I believe DLC is blocked unless you have the appropriate update(s), although I could be mistaken. I find it hypocritical that GBX won't think twice about patching the smasher glitch, yet they never patched modded weapons, or the safe spot in Crawmerax's lair in BL1 when it was out.
---
In Soviet Russia, Crab Catches You!
#35WretchedOwlPosted 4/1/2013 5:19:54 PM
Aha this is hilarious. No more evil smasher. Couldn't be happier honestly. Onto more random lobbies! I'd honestly quit playing them because of the smasher. There was always one person sittin in there using it and no one cared.
---
Some doors are best left closed, because once open, they're easy to walk through again and again.
-- GT: Wretched Owls
#36Flow_149Posted 4/1/2013 5:23:43 PM
Time to start stocking up on seraph crystals. :P
Seriously though I'm happy it's patched and am glad to see the return of normal non-glitched online matches.
#37BreezyBriiPosted 4/1/2013 5:40:57 PM
WretchedOwl posted...
Aha this is hilarious. No more evil smasher. Couldn't be happier honestly. Onto more random lobbies! I'd honestly quit playing them because of the smasher. There was always one person sittin in there using it and no one cared.

This. And it was pretty annoying because they never farmed bosses. The guy just killed everyone and messed up the game.
---
GT : MiZZ nErDiE
#38MonoxideHektikPosted 4/1/2013 6:15:29 PM
April fools?
---
How is making money be illegal. - JDM_Jev
I am topic killer. GT: Chrizwald---MW3, Rock Band 3
#39DRCEQ(Topic Creator)Posted 4/1/2013 7:03:11 PM
April fools?

This is no joke.
---
Meowahaha! Madness, Genius, the only difference between them is success! - Taokaka, Blaz Blue Continuum Shift
Motoko Kusanagi is my goddess!
#40VirtusEtIgnisPosted 4/1/2013 7:09:10 PM
Death to the Evil Smasher!
---
Leadership Excellence
A Gentleman and a Scholar