UVHM health question

#1K_MAC445Posted 4/1/2013 5:19:50 PM
It says enemies get 4x health. Is that 4x what they had in TVHM? If so it seems like killing things is going to be a pain, to the point where it probably wont be as fun. I just don't like the idea of being almost forced to use slag to be effective.

Another thing I was thinking is that a lot of the action skills will be less effective because of the health increase despite the extra 11 skill points. All of the damage from them (aside from gunzerking) dosent scale with your level; so Zer0's kunai will be less effective, Axton's turret(s) wont do as much damage, and in my opinion Maya will be hit the hardest because of all her skills that give flat damage additions like helios, blight phoenix, acid cloud, immolate, wreck. The upside is that all of the action skills end up having a way to apply slag to enemies very effectively so will be buffed in that respect.
---
"if you can chainbs well then putting on hornets is like giving Michael Phelps arm floats" -Dex_Pyromaniac
GT: RANNOK445
#2kinggoldfingerPosted 4/1/2013 5:31:14 PM
K_MAC445 posted...
It says enemies get 4x health. Is that 4x what they had in TVHM? If so it seems like killing things is going to be a pain, to the point where it probably wont be as fun. I just don't like the idea of being almost forced to use slag to be effective.

Another thing I was thinking is that a lot of the action skills will be less effective because of the health increase despite the extra 11 skill points. All of the damage from them (aside from gunzerking) dosent scale with your level; so Zer0's kunai will be less effective, Axton's turret(s) wont do as much damage, and in my opinion Maya will be hit the hardest because of all her skills that give flat damage additions like helios, blight phoenix, acid cloud, immolate, wreck. The upside is that all of the action skills end up having a way to apply slag to enemies very effectively so will be buffed in that respect.

I'll find a way to destroy everything in my path.
---
The Princess is in another Castle.
Punching trees gives me wood.
#3MrImpatient35Posted 4/1/2013 5:34:23 PM
Their health is increased, and they have a bit of health regen too, but they also said that the weapons they drop will definitely be up to par. The weapons will be amazing, so no worries.
---
I have Dysarthria. It's a Speech problem. Your question is answered now.
#4ShinterLPosted 4/1/2013 5:52:36 PM
K_MAC445 posted...

I think all of those skills you've mentioned scale with level. None of them would even be useful at level 50 if that weren't true, so I can't imagine they would stop being useful even up to level 61.
#5LordRavielPosted 4/1/2013 10:21:05 PM
ShinterL posted...
K_MAC445 posted...

I think all of those skills you've mentioned scale with level. None of them would even be useful at level 50 if that weren't true, so I can't imagine they would stop being useful even up to level 61.

That depends, enemy HP allready scaled up at a faster rate than the damage on those skills on the way to 50 so it makes sense that the proportion of the enemies HP those skills take off will be lower at 61 anyway but if you throw in a 4 times enemy HP multiplier on top of that natural progression they could feel very weak very quickly.
---
Playing: Borderlands 2 and Final Fantasy XI
#6Flow_149Posted 4/1/2013 10:51:56 PM
It will be hard at first however weapon scaling should more then make up for it.
#7PanopictonguyPosted 4/1/2013 11:03:42 PM
You do realize part of the incentive for UVHM is enemies having more health and thus having more time to try and kill you. UVHM isn't a new chat mode for you to mow down cannon fodder while you get more numbers and colors
---
Oh, you thought they made this game for you? You clearly bought the wrong game.