Enemy awareness range?

#1TrazielPosted 4/2/2013 4:42:38 AM
Just made it to Claptrap ship in UVHM and it seems like the range at which enemies start to notice you is larger.

For instance I was being shot at just outside of Liars Burg by the enemies towards the southern shelf. Multiple times I'd expect something to happen, and it would occur a lot quicker than expected.

I'm loving this ****.
---
Gamertag: LaGrimm
Now Playing: Borderlands 2, ASC: Brotherhood, Halo 4
#2Pvt-SpoonPosted 4/2/2013 4:45:44 AM
Sounds like this is going to be a lot of fun ... and I'm stuck at work for the next 9 hours :(
lol
---
A pessimist is just an optimist with more experience.
GT:GrandPa40
#3fakesnoop77Posted 4/2/2013 4:48:11 AM
Yeah I noticed that too.

I spent a small fortune from dying in Southern Shelf and am still only half way to 51. This is tough
---
Apparently I am scum for not duping!
#4Traziel(Topic Creator)Posted 4/2/2013 4:48:53 AM
I may be hallucinating being that I dropped the game for awhile, wwaiting for this update, but the AI seems a bit different in general.
---
#5fakesnoop77Posted 4/2/2013 4:51:24 AM
Traziel posted...
I may be hallucinating being that I dropped the game for awhile, wwaiting for this update, but the AI seems a bit different in general.

They seem to run and hide while you are in FFYL mode a lot more. They also regenerate health quite rapidly
---
#6Tec187Posted 4/2/2013 4:53:27 AM
Man I can't wait!
2 hours til I get off work.
---
ULCE #: 12.834
~ "I don't need luck, I have ammo" ~ Grunt, ME3
#7Argyle_GargoylePosted 4/2/2013 4:56:02 AM
so how is the enemies damage looking? does it seem pretty balanced or are you going down left and right getting 1 shotted?

im just trying to get a feel for the balance. unfortunately, ive got about 7.5 hours left at work until i can go home and try for myself
---
Crazy? Crazy with low prices on Wind Brahmin. You buy one!!
#8Traziel(Topic Creator)Posted 4/2/2013 5:02:44 AM
Argyle_Gargoyle posted...
so how is the enemies damage looking? does it seem pretty balanced or are you going down left and right getting 1 shotted?

im just trying to get a feel for the balance. unfortunately, ive got about 7.5 hours left at work until i can go home and try for myself

Feels just like TVHM to me. You can survive a few shots, but without a little health regen or a skill that helps managing shields, then you will hit the ground. Hard.
---
#9fakesnoop77Posted 4/2/2013 5:04:24 AM

Put it this way, I was doing the mission to get Bullymong fur in Southern Shelf and when they jumped at me I was down straight away.

Thank god for my Doc's Quad and Two'Fer Maggie
---
#10Argyle_GargoylePosted 4/2/2013 5:08:00 AM
Traziel posted...

Feels just like TVHM to me. You can survive a few shots, but without a little health regen or a skill that helps managing shields, then you will hit the ground. Hard.

sounds fine to me. i am fine with the difficulty being a little more dificult that TVHM (i hope it is). i just wanted to make sure that it wasnt 1 shot and down.

i do like the idea of enemy level scaling to your level. no more being over leveled and crushing everything in sight. one more quick question if you dont mind.

are enemies all scaled exactly to your level? or do they have a range? at 50, are you seeing nothing but level 50 enemies, or are they ranging from 50-52 or something like that?

thanks again. really excited to play. going to be a LONG day for me. monthly billing with UVHM in the back of my mind
---
Crazy? Crazy with low prices on Wind Brahmin. You buy one!!