Smasher Patch Thoughts

#1UroborosAheriPosted 4/2/2013 12:25:15 PM
Even with the smasher glitch now being patched, do you think certain weapons (like the Infinity) could still be good given the right combination of items and skill sets? I feel that there is potential, just that they won't anywhere near as OP as before (I only smashed on solo play and in private games with friends, strictly for raid boss farming though). Thoughts anyone?

For those that are complaining about the glitch being fixed: I believe you could simply put the patch on a separate storage unit like a flash drive and play the game offline. Whether or not the Ultimate Vault Hunter DLC will function without the new patch, I don't know.
---
In Soviet Russia, Crab Catches You!
#2Argyle_GargoylePosted 4/2/2013 12:37:21 PM
the infinity was already a good standard weapon. just not a win everything button.

it always has been and still is a beast when combined with the bee (like everything)
---
Crazy? Crazy with low prices on Wind Brahmin. You buy one!!
#3SinisterBladePosted 4/2/2013 1:52:27 PM
The infinity is perhaps more valuable now. With the changes to the game, namely slag buffs these weapons are very very valuable and destructive now, especially on Zer0 with the OSOK skill active. Zer0 can even apply slag with kunai, but im [guessing] by 61 melee builds will be even more absurd than ever, so infinity might not be so valuable.

Also more on topic, I rather enjoy knowing the option is no longer there in my back pocket, tempting me to get lazy. Im enjoying the new challenge, and honestly feel a renewed excitement to rise up and farm some weapons.
---
What is a man?!
A miserable little pile of secrets!
#4hckymeyerPosted 4/2/2013 2:06:57 PM
I'll be the first to say it then. I do miss it.

My plan was always to play the UVHM through with no glitching, but it was a great way to blast through the first 2 playthroughs with a new character.

I was fortunate enough to get Gaige completed to 50 in the past two days, already have a Zero, but it would be nice to use the glitch to level up the other characters quickly and just play them through on UVHM.
#5Jambi_ManPosted 4/2/2013 2:25:44 PM
They say it's better to have smashed and lost, then to have never smashed at all.....

...they were wrong!! Good riddance, SMASHER!!
---
Vladof rules
#6UroborosAheri(Topic Creator)Posted 4/2/2013 2:29:27 PM
hckymeyer posted...
I'll be the first to say it then. I do miss it.

My plan was always to play the UVHM through with no glitching, but it was a great way to blast through the first 2 playthroughs with a new character.

I was fortunate enough to get Gaige completed to 50 in the past two days, already have a Zero, but it would be nice to use the glitch to level up the other characters quickly and just play them through on UVHM.

I guess I'm not the only that misses the smasher. Granted I played through the game legit. I used it for raid boss farming. It was fun for power leveling also (helped a few friends that way). Now they just have to disable all modded items. Easier said than done I suppose
---
In Soviet Russia, Crab Catches You!
#7lagermiesterPosted 4/2/2013 2:48:59 PM
I hated to see the ammo glitch go more then the smasher. It made everything an infinity. But if you did the two glitches together it was God like. I only play solo so it didn't hurt anyone when I did it. lol
---
I payed for this game, so I play this game the way I want.
#8Masemune_100Posted 4/2/2013 2:51:07 PM
Jambi_Man posted...
They say it's better to have smashed and lost, then to have never smashed at all.....

...they were wrong!! Good riddance, SMASHER!!

I never smashed at all because I wasn't playing at the time, and I really don't care. lololol
---
Rule #1 of Resident Evil: Don't catch the sunglasses.
GT - Judgement Blade