UVHM Thoughts... So Far.

#1IAmDJNinjaStarPosted 4/2/2013 3:02:42 PM(edited)
Like all of us, I couldn't wait until this morning to play the mode and check out the differences. Here's what I've found thus far:
- Drop rates seem to be increased. Seen one orange, a number of purple, a ton of blues, and 3 (!) etechs so far. I'm level 53 and going after Clayton so you know how far I've gotten.
- This is not your granddad's borderlands! I personally found the previous two modes fun, but not terrible hard on the whole. Especially when you enter a new area and you're already overleveled. But with the enemies leveling with you, it makes it challenging. Non-stop challenging. So awesome. Not to mention that it seems that machines scale with you as well.
- The enemy health buffs are crazy. Even weenie dudes now have some testicular fortitude. Only down side I see is if you're a melee-ing fiend. I couldn't punch a bullymong to death for hammerlock to save my life. Made "bad hair day" a significantly tougher mission. But overall, I dig the now-super-tough baddies.
- Slag is now totally relevant. Before it was cool but completely unnecessary to the vanilla game. I made it through 11 characters and never really used any slag, and had little problems for it. In UVHM slag is a necessity. My gunzerker is thankful for his slag crossfire right about now.
These are just a few observations from my first few hours of play. Overall, I couldn't be more stoked so far. I'm having a blast and enjoying the challenge. What do you guys think? Let's discuss! And then keep on hunting.
Also, I have yet to see the new loot midget or any pearls. Now those I'm truly anticipating!
---
Hi, IAmDJNinjaStar.
#2BreezyBriiPosted 4/2/2013 2:28:22 PM
Rediculously OP'd enemies. My friend and I have just be Phaselock reviving each other for awhile now lol.
I'm already a level 52 and I've died more times then I ever died when I first started the game.
I want to find that pearlescent SMG though. Sounds nifty..
Can't wait to have a ruin siren with converge. So much elemental damage.
---
GT : MiZZ nErDiE
#3resealablePosted 4/2/2013 2:56:05 PM
Well I haven't played it yet but I'm waiting to see what kind of damage my melee zero can get with the new level. Also I think the drop rate might not be a permanent thing because of the next dlc pack or whatever their plan is. But if it is permanent then I think they plan on releasing a new weapon rarity.
---
Tediore: Because loading is faster than reloading.
#4Argyle_GargoylePosted 4/2/2013 2:58:26 PM
Loving it so far. Had to work today so i havnt been playing for too long. Literally just got into sanctuary.

Havnt seen a loot midget yet.

It really has totally changed what the end game will be IMO. Less boss farming, more rerunning quests and areas along with raids.

Challenge is welcome. Slag is essential now. Wish non elemental damage got a slight buff. Kinda hard justifying using a NE weapon given the huge boost from using correct weaknesses. I just dont want to see them be useless. I just think they could have used a slight buff
---
Crazy? Crazy with low prices on Wind Brahmin. You buy one!!
#5KellyRipyaPosted 4/2/2013 3:03:42 PM
For people who aren't leveled high enough for UHVM yet but have downloaded the DLC, does it make any impact on our game at all? Are the pearlescent drops and extra SDUs limited to UVHM only?
---
I love what I destroy and destroy the thing I love
GT: Althea N Hell
#6Argyle_GargoylePosted 4/2/2013 3:05:06 PM
KellyRipya posted...
For people who aren't leveled high enough for UHVM yet but have downloaded the DLC, does it make any impact on our game at all? Are the pearlescent drops and extra SDUs limited to UVHM only?

SDUs are not lumited to UVHM. I believe pearls are though
---
Crazy? Crazy with low prices on Wind Brahmin. You buy one!!
#7A_Real_KingPosted 4/2/2013 3:12:36 PM
found my 1st legendary loot midget he dropped a etech relic
---
Some People
#8KellyRipyaPosted 4/2/2013 3:12:50 PM
Thanks Argyle, I just checked in Sanctuary and yes the extra SDUs are available regardless of playthrough.

And yes the Smasher has been smashed, so weird to not see that telltale explosion anymore. It had to go though, it was completely ruining my game as I kept saying 'oh I'll just use it for one more level' or 'oh let me hit that raid boss one more time'. And checking weapon stats was becoming meaningless as I always knew everything I picked up would do hundreds of thousands points of damage with the glitch.
---
I love what I destroy and destroy the thing I love
GT: Althea N Hell
#9PanopictonguyPosted 4/2/2013 3:13:52 PM
Argyle_Gargoyle posted...
KellyRipya posted...

SDUs are not lumited to UVHM. I believe pearls are though

If they only drop from Legendary Loot midgets it's UVHM exclusive because they only spawn in UVHM.
---
Oh, you thought they made this game for you? You clearly bought the wrong game.
#10sexxybeast1973Posted 4/2/2013 3:14:08 PM
Really awesome so far. Im glad because Defiance is turning out to be a big bust so far.