UVHM Thoughts... So Far.

#11ZignoffPosted 4/2/2013 3:19:15 PM
I think a little balancing will be in order later, currently trying to use my mechromancer as she was more of my solo play character, and my friends haven't gotten a chance to play yet.

But as is I saw her becoming weaker and weaker and having a harder time, and I feel it's more of her skills in general then of the game being harder, heavily considering working on another character, but not sure who, kind of want to wait on Krieg and then try :P
---
Here comes a New Web Comic for gamers, BY a gamer, Critique is welcomed as long as you are positive about it.
http://hatetheplayer.thewebcomic.com/
#12terabientPosted 4/2/2013 3:37:03 PM
I haven't played much yet (just got to the point where I have to track down Reiss) but as a melee build Zer0 with Death Blossom it's been relatively simple so far. Melee with out Roid damage is terrible but when your shields are down it's still incredibly effective--I don't have to slag mobs to do a lot of damage, though of course it doesn't hurt.

I am more cautious when approaching enemies, while in TVHM I got pretty lazy and just ran around mashing the melee button until everything died. In UVHM there's less room for lazy play and stupid mistakes. Basically it forces you to be more aware of what you're doing. I like it.

I do want to see how tough things are in a full (or at least 3 person) party. Should be exciting! Or humbling. I dunno.
---
What everyone needs to do is calm down, take a deep breath, and prepare their bodies for the Thunderdome.
GT: janejana
#13chuckleswoodPosted 4/2/2013 3:41:16 PM
Argyle_Gargoyle posted...
Loving it so far. Had to work today so i havnt been playing for too long. Literally just got into sanctuary.

Havnt seen a loot midget yet.

It really has totally changed what the end game will be IMO. Less boss farming, more rerunning quests and areas along with raids.

Challenge is welcome. Slag is essential now. Wish non elemental damage got a slight buff. Kinda hard justifying using a NE weapon given the huge boost from using correct weaknesses. I just dont want to see them be useless. I just think they could have used a slight buff

Glad you made it through the day Argyle. I'm at work now and will be here for another 4 hours. Ah! I'm getting close though. I can't wait to try UVHM.
---
"There it is you guys.....Mee-krob"
#14LaharPosted 4/2/2013 3:54:04 PM
I played on my own for a little bit when I realised that out of the announcements they made recently, I'm really only excited about Krieg.

I dunno, maybe I'll feel differently playing in a lobby.
---
It's raining
luggage and babies and limbs and Daddy doesn't come home.
#15capnovanPosted 4/2/2013 3:58:08 PM
Panopictonguy posted...
If they only drop from Legendary Loot midgets it's UVHM exclusive because they only spawn in UVHM.

pearls can spawn in chests, but I do believe pearls are only in UVHM
---
You can take my Karma, but you'll never take......MY FREEDOM!
#16themagicpainmanPosted 4/2/2013 4:07:43 PM
I don't like how they made Slag basically required. I was hoping this game would steer away from making elemental weapons objectively better than non-elementals and required to play, but...
---
"Combine Cloak and Dagger with Boots of Swiftness so CC doesn't stop you from moving faster toward defeat." - Frost_shock_FTW
#17JimiMorrison187Posted 4/2/2013 4:20:14 PM
I like that there is a need for elementals. Slag is a pain in the ass of course, but I never minded using Shock because that at least still has 100% against anything so you can still use it after downing a shield. I basically just disregard fire weapons most of the time for basic fights when they have shields because I simply don't want to swap out to fire a couple shots and maybe kill an enemy 1 second fast than I can with my shock weapon.

I like that it is an actual fight when I go places now. Makes it more of a "rush" while playing all the time rather than ho hum I have to plow over this crap to get to the enemy I want to farm. Ho hum I killed him reload and do it again.
---
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v643/ripvanwallace/k3u0zo.jpg
#18Four SkullsPosted 4/2/2013 4:53:45 PM
So, now that they've fixed the Smasher glitch, have they fixed the Gunzerking glitches?
#19BigRobb2389Posted 4/2/2013 5:03:04 PM
Four Skulls posted...
So, now that they've fixed the Smasher glitch, have they fixed the Gunzerking glitches?

yea, the offhand splash damage one?

they fixed that.
---
http://www.last.fm/user/BigRobb/
#20PanopictonguyPosted 4/2/2013 7:51:22 PM
I don't know if It was just in the game I played bit it seemed like e nemiees also re spawn faster. Going into the area for the midgemong quest and back out within say 30 minutes had all the enemies back in southern shelf.
---
Oh, you thought they made this game for you? You clearly bought the wrong game.