Does anyone know what the new Pearlescents do?

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. Borderlands 2
  3. Does anyone know what the new Pearlescents do?
3 years ago#1
I know there's a list of them floating around here, but does anyone know what their added effects (i.e. from the red text) are?
"Trying to kill knoxx with launchers was like trying to eat soup with a fork."
~ Umbra27 on Borderlands
3 years ago#2
Also, does anyone know which Seraphs have been boosted? I know the Ahab and Actualizer have, but are there any others?
"Trying to kill knoxx with launchers was like trying to eat soup with a fork."
~ Umbra27 on Borderlands
3 years ago#3
For pearls, I've read that the known SMG, assuming more then 1 of each type, is a Tediore that bounces around liked a Rubberized grenade and fires everywhere like a Bouncing Betty, and that the bullets reflect off surfaces. Or something along those lines.

I have also read that the known Sniper is always Shock, and seems to have a large cover-ignoring AoE on it, comparable to a launcher or even a Norfleet/single Norfleet ball.

For the buffed Seraph stuff, IIRC it is everything that was from Scarlett and Torgue DLCs.
Spell card! Diamond Will ~ Unbreakable Determination!
3 years ago#4
I bet that new sniper is a redux of the Orion.
XboxGT: KING JAMI
Bossanova - Blue Bossanova
3 years ago#5
Complete list of confirmed Pearls and effects:

Bearcat - Dahl AR
Effect: Fires 3 grenades that ricochet and explode dealing massive damage. Think Veruc + Grenadier.

Avenger - Tediore SMG
Effect: Reloads have a Bouncing Betty effect, ammo regen a la BL1's Tediore legendaries.

Butcher - Hyperion Shotgun
Effect: Enhanced fire rate and magazine size, reduced projectile count, shots fired have a chance to add ammo into the magazine instead of consuming it (same effect as 5 Shots or 6 Gunzerker skill).

Sawbar - Bandit AR
Effect: Guaranteed fire elemental, no other effects confirmed.

Storm - Maliwan Sniper
Effect: Shots generate explosions like the Pimpernel, guaranteed shock elemental.

Stalker - Vladof Pistol
Effect: Reduced accuracy, shots ricochet.

Unforgiven - Jakobs Pistol
Effect: Greatly reduced fire rate (weapon card says "Fires as fast as you can pull the trigger..... but not too fast"), increased damage and critical damage

Tunguska - Torgue RL
Effect: None confirmed, assumed to have a massive AoE explosion based on what the weapon is named after (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tunguska_event).

No one has found any Pearl Shields, Grenades, Relics, or Class Mods yet. Seraph weapon buffs were just the same ones from the hotfix but applied as a hard patch.
Ray_MK_III: Spouting philosophy and defending all that is awesome since 2006.
I hope the Omega is back.
3 years ago#6
Ray_MK_III posted...
Storm - Maliwan Sniper
Effect: Shots generate explosions like the Pimpernel, guaranteed shock elemental.

oooooohhhhhh Mechro gonna LOVEITLONGTIME
You can take my Karma, but you'll never take......MY FREEDOM!
  1. Boards
  2. Borderlands 2
  3. Does anyone know what the new Pearlescents do?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived