Haven't played since before the Mechromancer was released...

#1chicken8orPosted 4/3/2013 8:12:44 AM
I pre-ordered the game months before it came out and played it from day one. I beat the game before the Mechromancer was released and haven't played since. I know that the DLC has been released and now there is a level increase and some legendary weapons I guess (Pearls?).

That being said, do you think the game is worth running through again? I enjoyed it the first time through, but something about it wasn't quite as good as Borderlands 1 (which I have played through 5 or so times).

Are the DLC worth of a playthrough? I would be running as the Mechromancer since I have never played as her. Any news on any new character classes?

Sorry for all of the questions. Thanks in advance.
---
GT: Chicken8or -Epic Halo 4 moment below!!!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HW2_eKmm7o8
#2BahamutBBobPosted 4/3/2013 8:25:31 AM
I enjoyed the Torgue DLC quite a bit, but the other two not so much.

Mechro is my favorite character, I mained a Gunzerker until she was released, she has a lot more survivability IMO.

Personally, I feel like I've spent too much on the game (Loot Chest + season pass) but it is worth playing through on a couple characters.
---
XBL / PSN: BahamutBBob
#3chicken8or(Topic Creator)Posted 4/3/2013 8:29:50 AM
I played through the game as Axton and my brother was Zer0. Axton was an absolute BEAST with the dual turrets spitting rockets at everything. Zer0 was pretty terrible in the beginning, but after my brother started chaining criticals it was depressing how fast everything fell.

I'll try the Mechromancer when I get home tonight. I'm still debating getting the DLC. I haven't heard much about them, but I also haven't been looking for info on them until now.
---
#4minsterXYZPosted 4/3/2013 8:41:31 AM
I have played through as a every character. Twice for every one but Salvador. Beat each DLC twice atleast and am currently playing UVHM. In other words yes play it again, but I may be biased as I love this game.
---
Gamertag xXGunx4xH1R3xXx
#5mocity_gangstaPosted 4/3/2013 9:40:58 AM
minsterXYZ posted...
I have played through as a every character. Twice for every one but Salvador. Beat each DLC twice atleast and am currently playing UVHM. In other words yes play it again, but I may be biased as I love this game.

^^this but honestly UVHM is almost like the very first playthrough due to the scaling. In fact, we started it last night then reverted back to TVHM to crush the DLC and leftover sidequests to buff up before tackling UVHM.
---
XBL GT: Mocity Gangsta
Currently Playing: Bioshock Infinite/Borderlands 2/DFO/Halo 4 "Rise Above"
#6chicken8or(Topic Creator)Posted 4/3/2013 11:38:25 AM
I'll have to give the game another run. I loved Borderlands. I mean LOVED Borderlands.

Borderlands 2 just hit at a bad time for me. A lot of changes were going on in my life with getting engaged, getting a big promotion and moving. I didn't have a lot of time to invest and my brother is in college still and has a lot going on. That made it hard for us to find nights to get together, have a couple beers and play Borderlands 2.

We'll have to try and change that in the near future.
---