Farming God-liaths, worth it?

#1CrazycatdudePosted 4/3/2013 3:55:33 PM
So I was going for the cheevo where you let a Goliath level up 4 times before you kill him, and when I finally killed one he dropped a handful of eridium, a purple, and 2 greens. Than the thought of farming them crossed my mind. I'm only level 40, but my gear is pretty out leveled. Is farming these guys a good idea or am I just wasting my time?
---
There is nothing in the world more helpless, depraved, and irresponsible than a man in the depths of an RPG binge.
#2danishjuggler21Posted 4/3/2013 3:57:31 PM
I doubt it. Farm the bosses that you've already beaten - a legendary weapon at around your level will go a long way.
---
XBOX Live Gamertag: danishjuggler03
"I refuse to quote myself in my signature - I've always thought people who do that are lame." - danishjuggler21
#3elconoMPosted 4/3/2013 4:01:29 PM
Need this cheevo too. Good places to do it? Does it work with the goliath midgets?
---
Casual gamer for 25 of my 28 years. mainly Pokemon, Fables, the Borderlands, GTA's, and some Minecraft these days. Currently with XBL, DS, 3DS. Yes. CASUAL.
#4Wallcrawler8878Posted 4/3/2013 4:38:04 PM
Easiest place to do this is the Slab King meeting. Pop on of the heads on the Badass Goliaths up there by Brick right at the beginning, and just kite him into everyone else.

Slag the other enemies to help him kill them faster.
#5Hax4SnaxPosted 4/3/2013 4:45:48 PM
Wallcrawler is right, when you meet the slab king is the best place. remember you can help him out by weakening/slagging the guys he is attacking. What i do when i know there are going to be numerous enemies around a goliath i just pop the head and run away it never hurts and usually u can get him a couple levels higher before you kill him. Plus saves you the trouble of killing all his buddies.