Am I missing something

#1Wallcrawler8878Posted 4/3/2013 5:01:39 PM
Or is the Butcher Shotgun just a miserable hunk of trash?

I dont get it.

Ive emptied entire magazines of this thing into normal slagged enemies, even using a bee shield, and this thing just bloooows dude.

Yeah, I see that its like you get Sal's Inconceivable perk at a really low rate applied to this gun, because a few times as I held the fire button down I saw my ammo count in the mag go up instead of down, but the damn thing wasnt doing any damage.

REALLY disappointed with this Pearl. Its like Gearbox has some childhood scarring due to shotguns or something, because they really got jacked in this game.

If theres some sort of quirk to this gun, Id sure love to know what it is, otherwise Im about to chuck it off the side of Sanctuary.
#2Azrael0206Posted 4/3/2013 5:09:34 PM
Is it a non elemental? :/
---
Assistant Manager at Foveroula and Acid's Pawn Shop
I remember Alvor every time I make Skyforge Steel
#3Wallcrawler8878(Topic Creator)Posted 4/3/2013 5:21:15 PM
Its the Shock variant of the Butcher, at level 55.
#4Azrael0206Posted 4/3/2013 5:22:16 PM
Azrael0206 posted...
Is it a non elemental? :/

I'm too sleepy to wait for your response
So you get my two cents for free!! :D

The non elemental version of this gun seems to just have the free ammo addition feature going for it.

Any elemental version though..
Seems to have pretty reasonable proc chance,
Coupled with its high RoF and that little ammo feature
This is a beastly weapon.
You can effectively get your procs going and possibly not even have to reload when needing to re-proc.

The slag version slags so tremendously well, and my LBT gaige is melting faces with the Shock variant.

Could just be the model you have,
Or maybe you're just not a shotgun guy
Either way, i think you judged this gun incorrectly.
---
#5Azrael0206Posted 4/3/2013 5:23:23 PM
Wallcrawler8878 posted...
Its the Shock variant of the Butcher, at level 55.

Well then idk man.
Its definitely going to be in my rotation at 61.
Maybe I'm just crazy >_<
---
#6Wallcrawler8878(Topic Creator)Posted 4/3/2013 5:32:41 PM
Yeah this thing isnt melting anyone's face.

Even buffed by the bee shield, it required an obscene amount of ammunition to put down even the most basic enemies that had been slagged.

I dont care if its a shotgun or any other gun, if it takes that much ammo buffed by slag and a bee shield, then its not worth using. Hell, my level 50 slow hand shotgun was killing them in about 3 shots.

For a level 55 top tier weapon, its just not performing.

Anyway, got what I needed. Theres no special thing required to take advantage of this gun.

Off to chuck it off the side of Sanctuary City.
#7WretchedOwlPosted 4/3/2013 5:51:11 PM
Wallcrawler8878 posted...
Yeah this thing isnt melting anyone's face.

Even buffed by the bee shield, it required an obscene amount of ammunition to put down even the most basic enemies that had been slagged.

I dont care if its a shotgun or any other gun, if it takes that much ammo buffed by slag and a bee shield, then its not worth using. Hell, my level 50 slow hand shotgun was killing them in about 3 shots.

For a level 55 top tier weapon, its just not performing.

Anyway, got what I needed. Theres no special thing required to take advantage of this gun.

Off to chuck it off the side of Sanctuary City.

Sounds like the Pearl version of the Flakker! Curse being trolled by Gearbox.
---
Some doors are best left closed, because once open, they're easy to walk through again and again.
-- GT: Wretched Owls
#8PanopictonguyPosted 4/4/2013 1:32:50 AM
shotguns are top tier weapons in this game..a of them no matter how badly they perform are generally better than most other guns.

Only one weapon class received a nerf shotguns. Even after the nerf they were still devastating weapons. Just because they don't instakill everything doesn't mean they are bad. Shotguns instakill in Gears Of War of that's your thing
---
Oh, you thought they made this game for you? You clearly bought the wrong game.
#9SuprSaiyanRockrPosted 4/4/2013 1:34:57 AM
Panopictonguy posted...
shotguns are top tier weapons in this game..a of them no matter how badly they perform are generally better than most other guns.

Only one weapon class received a nerf shotguns. Even after the nerf they were still devastating weapons. Just because they don't instakill everything doesn't mean they are bad. Shotguns instakill in Gears Of War of that's your thing

I'm a gears fan, and that's not my thing... >_<
---
GT/PSN: SuprSaiyanRockr
Efficiency>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Nostalgia. Always.