Did they patch the quest in the preserve?

#1iOutlawTornPosted 4/4/2013 8:52:51 AM
The one that if you had it active with one of the audio logs picked up those four boxes would always spawn loot midgets. My friends and I are playing through UVHM and I was just thinking about how that might work for finding Legendary Loot Midgets. We managed to find one in the Tundra Express. Dropped the Bone of the Ancients and now I'm all interested in finding all the other stuff as well.
#2Azrael0206Posted 4/4/2013 9:00:12 AM
That is exactly what everyone is doing to find pearls :)
Ive found quite a few myself, and I know many other users have found plenty more!

Good thinking, go find some loot :P

Btw, a couple tips if you plan on farming the boxes:

Do not progress story to find bloodwings bloody feathers as it will unlock the doors containing the animals, making your job a little bit harder. Less mobs, quicker runs.
If you have the "Creature Slaughter Dome" Dlc, and can access the "Natural Selection Annex", you should start there, a lot quicker :P
Also, don't pick up the quest items for "Doctor's Orders" as their placement has a direct correlation to the LLMs spawning in the boxes.

Good luck :)
---
Assistant Manager at Foveroula and Acid's Pawn Shop
I remember Alvor every time I make Skyforge Steel
#3iOutlawTorn(Topic Creator)Posted 4/4/2013 9:04:29 AM
Holla. Definitely did not know about picking up the quest items before. Thanks for the info!! :)
#4UltimateGeth39Posted 4/4/2013 9:25:54 AM
I did'nt think it was possible but we went to the wildlife preserve and a loot bot and jimmy jenkins spawned at the same time.
#5SimplyQuidPosted 4/4/2013 10:32:27 AM
I know Google is my friend, but I'm also abit lazy. What's this loot goliath glitch you speak of? I have the Creature Dome, so it'd be nice to have a relatively easy way to farm some gearz.
---
GT/SteamID: SimplyQuid (Go figure)
#6your other dad sayzPosted 4/5/2013 8:29:46 AM
Which audii log am I supposed to pick up? Just any one in the preserve? I think the ones that tell mayas story?
---
Currently Playing: Borderlands 2 (Xbox 360), FarCry 3 (Xbox 360)
I'm on one.
#7Azrael0206Posted 4/5/2013 8:32:14 AM
your other dad sayz posted...
Which audii log am I supposed to pick up? Just any one in the preserve? I think the ones that tell mayas story?

That has nothing to do with it
What you're switched around on is NOT picking up quest audio logs
Do NOT touch the quest items for doctors orders, or it'll ruin your chances at the loot midgets.
---
Assistant Manager at Foveroula and Acid's Pawn Shop
I remember Alvor every time I make Skyforge Steel
#8your other dad sayzPosted 4/5/2013 8:34:38 AM
So all I have to do is not pick up the slag samples or whatever and 4 midgets will spawn everytime?

Thanks for the help.
---
I'm on one.
#9spfurm01Posted 4/5/2013 8:36:06 AM
your other dad sayz posted...
So all I have to do is not pick up the slag samples or whatever and 4 midgets will spawn everytime?

Thanks for the help.

Slag samples are a optional objective for the bloodwing main story quest.

Doctor's orders has you pick up 4 audio logs.
---
We know Gavorn's tricks! We leave!
#10your other dad sayzPosted 4/5/2013 8:38:43 AM
Oh. I have doctors orders active now. It says look for the slag notes, those must be the audio logs. Its been awhile since I've doner this quest.

Thank you for clearing that up.
---
I'm on one.