The best gear for starting out on Ultimate Vault Hunter Mode

#21VulcanHadesPosted 4/5/2013 9:24:03 AM
True. In fact it's usually a bad idea to have a primary weapon as a slagging weapon.

I could one shot most enemies and bosses with the Pitchfork until lv54-55, but then it was a bit too weak to one shot mobs. Eventually I realized that it was much simpler and more effective to simply use slag grenades then proceed to kill everything in a few seconds.
---
No game is perfect. But that doesn't mean games can't get better. Telling people to stop complaining is telling developers you don't want your games to evolve.
#22fredbeatswilmaPosted 4/5/2013 9:33:47 AM(edited)
Yeah my slag priorities are:

1. Slag skill
2. Slag grenade
3. Slag weapon

With sal the slagga is an awesome addition but for anyone else slag grenades(singularity/bonny/betty) before a weapon.

Maya ruin or scorn. Slag turret for axton.
---
uh huh, herbal derbally berbil urbil
#23jloewensteinPosted 4/5/2013 9:34:54 AM
I'm using a slag Evis Ruby against single targets. Slag, heal yourserl, melee it if harold couldn't do the job at time. win-win-win. Against mobs I'm using a slag Crossfire or a sweet slag Vladof e-tech AR, purchased from the golden chest.
---
Steam: jloewenstein
#24XolacePosted 4/5/2013 9:36:01 AM
I brought two sets of weapons with me.

Explosive :
Double Penetrating Unkempt Harold
Plump Root/Kerblaster
Miss Moxxi's Creamer
Casual Ravager

Dahl :
Twin Hornet
Attack Veruc (Multiple Elements)
Sand Hawk (Multiple Elements)
(Left space to try out drops)

So far my explosive gear is still dealing immense amounts of damage at level 55. It's to the point where I wanted it to be more challenging so I quit using them all together. At the moment I'm using my Dahl's (Proper elements for every occasion) and they're holding their own very nicely.
---
GT : XOLACE
#25Jambi_ManPosted 4/5/2013 9:43:04 AM
fredbeatswilma posted...
Any gun can slag. Slagga isn't important.

But the Slagga does it quicker.... 3 bullets=instant slag every time. The quicker you can switch guns, the more effective you'll be.
---
Vladof rules
#26fredbeatswilmaPosted 4/5/2013 9:49:25 AM
Jambi_Man posted...
fredbeatswilma posted...

But the Slagga does it quicker.... 3 bullets=instant slag every time. The quicker you can switch guns, the more effective you'll be.

Pretty much a sniper shot, grenade, sand hawk, or skills can slag just as well. Slagged deathtrap, slag turrent, ruin, scorn, intersped outburst or if there is amything else I'm missing.

Seriously slagging is the least troublesome thing in uvhm.
---
uh huh, herbal derbally berbil urbil
#27Jambi_ManPosted 4/5/2013 10:18:57 AM
fredbeatswilma posted...
Jambi_Man posted...
fredbeatswilma posted...

Pretty much a sniper shot, grenade, sand hawk, or skills can slag just as well. Slagged deathtrap, slag turrent, ruin, scorn, intersped outburst or if there is amything else I'm missing.

Seriously slagging is the least troublesome thing in uvhm.

I see your point....

I'm looking at it from my perspective, though. Using zero, so I have no turret, ruin, scorn, I.O., zero(pun) slag skills.
I love what my Storm Fronts do way too much to switch there, although I do love the slag fuster clucks.
Melee build, so sniper isn't as effective from close to mid-range.
Therefore, the Slagga is my most important gun. It's allowing me to lay slag down in about a second per enemy. Very effective.

So, while not necessary for all characters & builds, it is definitely an important gun to consider.
---
Vladof rules
#28deadlyfred(Topic Creator)Posted 4/5/2013 10:28:02 AM
Jambi_Man posted...
I firmly believe the Slagga to be the #1 "gotta have" gun in UVHM.

My level 50 Amp Sandhawk usually 2 or 3 shots most enemies and I'm now at level 57. Don't even need to switch from my Amp Sandhawk to something else usually.
---
XBL GT: Ki11er Six (ONES - not L's with a space between the word)
Borderlands 2 farming guides: http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLE35BE032DF764AEC
#29Jambi_ManPosted 4/5/2013 10:43:12 AM
deadlyfred posted...
Jambi_Man posted...

My level 50 Amp Sandhawk usually 2 or 3 shots most enemies and I'm now at level 57. Don't even need to switch from my Amp Sandhawk to something else usually.

Yeah, I secede to that. I only have a non-ele sandhawk currently. Are you using the bee? Just curious. I don't like to use the bee outside of raid bosses. I'm not saying the Slagga is the greatest and best gun ever, just that it is a very effective gun in UVHM....and it's MY most valuable. I actually might still rather use it over the slag SH for my build & style. Because of the faster bullet speed it allows me to slag n switch mobs insanely fast.
---
Vladof rules
#30Argyle_GargoylePosted 4/5/2013 10:57:05 AM
Jambi_Man posted...
deadlyfred posted...
Jambi_Man posted...

Yeah, I secede to that. I only have a non-ele sandhawk currently. Are you using the bee? Just curious. I don't like to use the bee outside of raid bosses. I'm not saying the Slagga is the greatest and best gun ever, just that it is a very effective gun in UVHM....and it's MY most valuable. I actually might still rather use it over the slag SH for my build & style. Because of the faster bullet speed it allows me to slag n switch mobs insanely fast.

i prefer the slagga personally. i dont use a bee for general play either.

i like it because as you said, instant slag. uses far less ammo than the SH also.

it isnt meant to be the main damage. its a utility weapon. instant slag, switch to the damage dealer.

i too rely on my action skills to slag as much as possible. i use a storm front mostly for my grenade, though the slag crossfire is another frequently used favorite.

for my money, there is no more efficient weapon for slagging enemies than the slagga.
it shouldnt be your only option, but when you consider how quickly is slags, its friendly ammo usage and mag size coupled with it using the most abundant ammo pool in the game, its an invaluable weapon.
---
Crazy? Crazy with low prices on Wind Brahmin. You buy one!!