UVHM raid boss soloing?

#1Mysticman89Posted 4/5/2013 11:41:50 AM
Are there any combos available in game (either OP skill combos or broken guns or whatever) that allow solo players to farm raid bosses now? (Is the fibber still a thing?)

Can one still get to the glitch spot for pete, and does pete drop pearls on UVHM?

Any other solo bossing shinanagans I might want to know about these days?
#2Mysticman89(Topic Creator)Posted 4/5/2013 5:02:53 PM
up
#3xlinerPosted 4/5/2013 5:07:35 PM
I hope you got, like, 3 friends behind you that I can't see yet.
---
Classy Chickens Clan for Halo 4 and Black Ops 2
GT: Vampiric Zealot
#4Wallcrawler8878Posted 4/5/2013 5:11:26 PM
If you upgraded all your gear, you can do the same solo act as you did before.

Hyperius with Bore/Singularity Grenade/Deception+Unkempt Harold, or if not using Zero, just skirt the outside of the arena firing Fire Sandhawk at Hyperius, and switching to Corrosive Sandhawk on the Minions.

Pete, trap him up top if you feel overwhelmed.

Dex, stay under the arcway under the lodge, dodge the puke, and profit.

I dont usually go after the others. I killed Gee with the Rubi/Firehawk infinite nova tactic but he never dropped anything good so I quit fighting him.
#5Mysticman89(Topic Creator)Posted 4/5/2013 5:48:34 PM(edited)
Life is pretty hard without gold.

Hard isn't necessarily a bad thing, but scaling and such should work out so it's "If you use this OP gear and/or this skill combo and/or this glitch spot, you should be ok if you're good enough to avoid being downed." instead of "Lol, you're screwed until you get some friends and gold, quit being a cheap loner." (to politely paraphrase some responses I've seen around these forums).

Anyway, thanks for the update regarding those bosses. Still curious if the fibber was fixed, and if pete can drop pearls in UVHM though.
#6Mysticman89(Topic Creator)Posted 4/6/2013 9:30:02 AM
bump
#7xlinerPosted 4/6/2013 10:59:27 AM
Mysticman89 posted...
Life is pretty hard without gold.

Hard isn't necessarily a bad thing, but scaling and such should work out so it's "If you use this OP gear and/or this skill combo and/or this glitch spot, you should be ok if you're good enough to avoid being downed." instead of "Lol, you're screwed until you get some friends and gold, quit being a cheap loner." (to politely paraphrase some responses I've seen around these forums).

Anyway, thanks for the update regarding those bosses. Still curious if the fibber was fixed, and if pete can drop pearls in UVHM though.

If you had Gold LIVE, I have been giving away and scaling guns for people.
---
A7X Forever!
GT: Vampiric Zealot (Modifier Extraordinaire)
#8Tru_NavaronePosted 4/6/2013 12:54:27 PM
I would do the same but people only ask for that stuff when I'm at work
---
I can tell you why there aint black folk in anime.
*random anime scenario commences* Black folk: **** that!! -dmainev3
#9Mysticman89(Topic Creator)Posted 4/6/2013 3:32:37 PM
Yeah, that's great for people with gold.

I don't mind farming for rare loot (and in fact, the whole process of doing so is one of the main appeals of the game for me), but many of the raid bosses have a terrible habit of being downright unfair for soloing without tricks.

Still wondering about the status of the fibber, and pete's ability to drop pearls...
#10Icy GuyPosted 4/6/2013 3:35:49 PM
The ricochet Fibber was patched.

I've seen a video of Pete dropping a pearl - specifically, http://youtu.be/hAumh8p3mbc - but I've never actually gotten one myself.
---
If at first you don't succeed, try, try again. Then reload.