Deathtrap not scaling up well in UVHM

#1RajsBabysMamaPosted 4/5/2013 2:22:52 PM
It could just be me but it doesn't seem like DT can keep up in UVHM. He's having a really hard time gaining stacks and by time he does get a few going, he's damn near dead anyways.
#2XolacePosted 4/5/2013 2:26:06 PM
He stays alive until there's nothing left to kill in my game.

Currently level 55.
---
GT : XOLACE
#3Azrael0206Posted 4/5/2013 2:30:48 PM(edited)
Dont force him to do all the work.
He's a great asset, but only as an extension of the damage you're already dealing.

Not sure what build you're rocking, but as long as you focus on targets he's focused on you should be able to down enemies together expediently enough that he survives a fight.

Sharing is Caring actually gains some usefulness here, as can receive some extra hit damage before falling.

I felt the same way at first, and i'm still disappointed in his A.I. choices to stand around and block me, refuse to fight if I somehow enter ffyl, and dig tunnels looking for treasure when I need him to be using Explosive Clap. But with a good build its a lot easier.
---
Assistant Manager at Foveroula and Acid's Pawn Shop
I remember Alvor every time I make Skyforge Steel
#4H3nryW1ls0n3Posted 4/5/2013 2:30:34 PM
I rarely use him as stacks of Anarchy and a DP Harold I feel are way to OP as it is had to change my build around to make it remotely challenging.
#5CapTionisTPosted 4/5/2013 2:57:50 PM
Flame of the Firehawk on DT + Quasar at DT's (non-existant) feet = beast mode
---
PSN/GT: CapTionisT
You know you suck as a sidekick, Im just letting you know so that the next time you think you're bad@$$..don't do it ~ Desert Punk
#6VirtusEtIgnisPosted 4/5/2013 4:54:01 PM
Azrael0206 posted...

Not sure what build you're rocking, but as long as you focus on targets he's focused on you should be able to down enemies together expediently enough that he survives a fight.

Couldn't agree more. My Mechro is only 55 and I just killed the Warrior. Solo'd the whole thing (which I don't recommend if you're using a level 50 Bee with only 47 K amp which isn't a lot now that the cap is 61). If I sent him off on his own accord, he wouldn't tank anymore, but if you've invested heavily in either BFF or Little Big Trouble (for the sake of making him corrosive), then he's great. Work together. Once you're 61, he'll tank alone again. UVHM is tough by design. He needs some training to get back to his former glory.
---
Leadership Excellence
A Gentleman and a Scholar