dat feel when a lower level item is superior to max level version...

#1VulcanHadesPosted 4/5/2013 11:36:42 PM
http://i.imgur.com/UbsSq6u.jpg

Y_Y
---
No game is perfect. But that doesn't mean games can't get better. Telling people to stop complaining is telling developers you don't want your games to evolve.
#2VirtusEtIgnisPosted 4/6/2013 5:30:22 AM
LOL whaaaaaaat? Someone just lost their job at Gear Box.
---
Leadership Excellence
A Gentleman and a Scholar
#3resealablePosted 4/6/2013 5:42:18 AM
Item parts?
---
Tediore: Because loading is faster than reloading.
#4TrazielPosted 4/6/2013 6:20:45 AM
It was less cared about from PT1 to 2.5, but now you'd think after another 11 level it would get *some* kind of overall boost.

I won't judge you, Gearbox, but goddamn. >_>
---
Gamertag: LaGrimm
Now Playing: Borderlands 2, ASC: Brotherhood, Halo 4
#5ShinterLPosted 4/6/2013 6:35:18 AM
Who cares? It just means you have a max stat (or higher stat, at least) item that you can start using sooner, especially useful if you're trying to bring another character up.

Now, if the game only let you use items that were within 2 levels of your current level, in either direction, then that would be a problem.
#6fredbeatswilmaPosted 4/6/2013 6:51:27 AM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#7spfurm01Posted 4/6/2013 6:50:50 AM
This is a dumb comparison TC. Item parts make more difference than levels (especially if it's a TWO LEVEL difference) in relics. Usually the rarity is scaled as so, but because they're E-tech they're stuck as E-tech.
---
We know Gavorn's tricks! We leave!
#8VulcanHades(Topic Creator)Posted 4/6/2013 7:02:53 AM
spfurm01 posted...
This is a dumb comparison TC. Item parts make more difference than levels (especially if it's a TWO LEVEL difference) in relics. Usually the rarity is scaled as so, but because they're E-tech they're stuck as E-tech.

Just because something works that way doesn't mean it should work that way.

IMO a lv61 relic should always be at least equal or better to the best lv60 version. But maybe that's just me.
---
No game is perfect. But that doesn't mean games can't get better. Telling people to stop complaining is telling developers you don't want your games to evolve.
#9ShinterLPosted 4/6/2013 7:06:24 AM
Percentages are always based on rarity. Physical stats (damage, shield capacity, etc) are based on levels. Plus randomness, of course.

Relics don't care about levels. But, like I've said, neither should you if you already got a high-end percentage one. Don't be all about the levels, be about the stats.