Are there low level pearls? (and other newbish questions)

#1ArchMageSynokPosted 4/6/2013 2:27:13 PM
Not sure how the rare guns work in this game, I'm only in TVHM around level 43, can I get pearl guns around my level or are they only 50+ or only in UVHM?

also do you think doing all the DLC's once I hit 50 will get me to 61? (I have yet to play them).

will the dlc's still scale past level 50 in TVHM or is that only in UVHM?
---
http://i.imgur.com/UNFgs.jpg
#2Jambi_ManPosted 4/6/2013 2:29:44 PM
The pearls are only available in UVHM, so no. The lowest pearl you can get is a 50.....unless you can beat TVHM lower than that. UVHM scales to your level, so if you start it at 49, you could get a 49 pearl, I suppose.
---
Drink Slagger Lager.....it gets you drunk 2 times faster!
Now with 50% MORE slag buzz!!
#3DarkLeemerPosted 4/6/2013 2:30:49 PM
Jambi_Man posted...
The pearls are only available in UVHM, so no. The lowest pearl you can get is a 50.....unless you can beat TVHM lower than that. UVHM scales to your level, so if you start it at 49, you could get a 49 pearl, I suppose.

I think it was said you have to be level 50 to start UVHM.
---
I love circles cuz they're round and stuff!
XBL:Leemer1988 White- 2065-3480-9867
#4Jambi_ManPosted 4/6/2013 2:31:21 PM
Haven't done any DLC since UVHM was released, but I've heard that the DLC will scale past 50 even in TVHM.
---
#5Jambi_ManPosted 4/6/2013 2:33:22 PM
DarkLeemer posted...
Jambi_Man posted...

I think it was said you have to be level 50 to start UVHM.

Ok, cool, wasn't quite sure about that.
---
#6ArchMageSynok(Topic Creator)Posted 4/6/2013 2:38:25 PM
I'm at level 43 and just found Mordicai plus I want to do all the dlc on this run so I doubt I'll be under 50 when I reach the end.

since I'm here I might as well ask, I saw vids on youtube where level 50's had 100k+ health, mine is only around 12-14k, and his guns are doing a good 40k damage while mine are around 2-3 with my legendary guns. is there really that big a gap between the 7 levels? (both he and I are playing Axton if that matters).
---
#7Jambi_ManPosted 4/6/2013 2:44:34 PM
ArchMageSynok posted...
I'm at level 43 and just found Mordicai plus I want to do all the dlc on this run so I doubt I'll be under 50 when I reach the end.

since I'm here I might as well ask, I saw vids on youtube where level 50's had 100k+ health, mine is only around 12-14k, and his guns are doing a good 40k damage while mine are around 2-3 with my legendary guns. is there really that big a gap between the 7 levels? (both he and I are playing Axton if that matters).

The health is all about the gear you're using....

I, for example, run this with my 50 zero...

+50% health relic
Neogenator shield- grants 20k health and health regeneration
+10/5 in Iron Hand skill +30% health ....using the legendary mod which grants +5 here

So, with these buffs, I have a level 50 zero with 110k health.

As far as the gun damage, if he was doing 40k + damage per shot, on a non-launcher, he was using a bee shield, which gives you an amp bonus of 40k+ for a level 50 version.
---
#8minsterXYZPosted 4/6/2013 3:13:32 PM
My sugestion, beat the game at lv50, start UVHM, but do the DLCS if you want them to scale. Then when you are done, cleaning up the burg will be you level.
---
Gamertag xXGunx4xH1R3xXx
#9ArchMageSynok(Topic Creator)Posted 4/6/2013 3:18:57 PM
Jambi_Man posted...
ArchMageSynok posted...

The health is all about the gear you're using....

I, for example, run this with my 50 zero...

+50% health relic
Neogenator shield- grants 20k health and health regeneration
+10/5 in Iron Hand skill +30% health ....using the legendary mod which grants +5 here

So, with these buffs, I have a level 50 zero with 110k health.

As far as the gun damage, if he was doing 40k + damage per shot, on a non-launcher, he was using a bee shield, which gives you an amp bonus of 40k+ for a level 50 version.

he wasn't using a bee shield, they were explicitly stating no bee shields in the intro to vids, it was some pistol that did around 15k x3,
---
#10ShinterLPosted 4/6/2013 3:33:39 PM
My only caution would be that if the DLC's don't scale above level 50, be careful getting too high a level in them before moving onto UVHM, because if you have a bunch of level 50 gear and start UVHM where everything is level 55 or something, you will likely have trouble killing anything, and the white/green weapons you'll get at the start of UVHM won't do you much good.