Are there low level pearls? (and other newbish questions)

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. Borderlands 2
  3. Are there low level pearls? (and other newbish questions)
3 years ago#1
Not sure how the rare guns work in this game, I'm only in TVHM around level 43, can I get pearl guns around my level or are they only 50+ or only in UVHM?

also do you think doing all the DLC's once I hit 50 will get me to 61? (I have yet to play them).

will the dlc's still scale past level 50 in TVHM or is that only in UVHM?
http://i.imgur.com/UNFgs.jpg
3 years ago#2
The pearls are only available in UVHM, so no. The lowest pearl you can get is a 50.....unless you can beat TVHM lower than that. UVHM scales to your level, so if you start it at 49, you could get a 49 pearl, I suppose.
Drink Slagger Lager.....it gets you drunk 2 times faster!
Now with 50% MORE slag buzz!!
3 years ago#3
Jambi_Man posted...
The pearls are only available in UVHM, so no. The lowest pearl you can get is a 50.....unless you can beat TVHM lower than that. UVHM scales to your level, so if you start it at 49, you could get a 49 pearl, I suppose.

I think it was said you have to be level 50 to start UVHM.
I love circles cuz they're round and stuff!
XBL:Leemer1988 White- 2065-3480-9867
3 years ago#4
Haven't done any DLC since UVHM was released, but I've heard that the DLC will scale past 50 even in TVHM.
3 years ago#5
DarkLeemer posted...
Jambi_Man posted...

I think it was said you have to be level 50 to start UVHM.

Ok, cool, wasn't quite sure about that.
3 years ago#6
I'm at level 43 and just found Mordicai plus I want to do all the dlc on this run so I doubt I'll be under 50 when I reach the end.

since I'm here I might as well ask, I saw vids on youtube where level 50's had 100k+ health, mine is only around 12-14k, and his guns are doing a good 40k damage while mine are around 2-3 with my legendary guns. is there really that big a gap between the 7 levels? (both he and I are playing Axton if that matters).
3 years ago#7
ArchMageSynok posted...
I'm at level 43 and just found Mordicai plus I want to do all the dlc on this run so I doubt I'll be under 50 when I reach the end.

since I'm here I might as well ask, I saw vids on youtube where level 50's had 100k+ health, mine is only around 12-14k, and his guns are doing a good 40k damage while mine are around 2-3 with my legendary guns. is there really that big a gap between the 7 levels? (both he and I are playing Axton if that matters).

The health is all about the gear you're using....

I, for example, run this with my 50 zero...

+50% health relic
Neogenator shield- grants 20k health and health regeneration
+10/5 in Iron Hand skill +30% health ....using the legendary mod which grants +5 here

So, with these buffs, I have a level 50 zero with 110k health.

As far as the gun damage, if he was doing 40k + damage per shot, on a non-launcher, he was using a bee shield, which gives you an amp bonus of 40k+ for a level 50 version.
3 years ago#8
My sugestion, beat the game at lv50, start UVHM, but do the DLCS if you want them to scale. Then when you are done, cleaning up the burg will be you level.
Gamertag xXGunx4xH1R3xXx
3 years ago#9
Jambi_Man posted...
ArchMageSynok posted...

The health is all about the gear you're using....

I, for example, run this with my 50 zero...

+50% health relic
Neogenator shield- grants 20k health and health regeneration
+10/5 in Iron Hand skill +30% health ....using the legendary mod which grants +5 here

So, with these buffs, I have a level 50 zero with 110k health.

As far as the gun damage, if he was doing 40k + damage per shot, on a non-launcher, he was using a bee shield, which gives you an amp bonus of 40k+ for a level 50 version.

he wasn't using a bee shield, they were explicitly stating no bee shields in the intro to vids, it was some pistol that did around 15k x3,
3 years ago#10
My only caution would be that if the DLC's don't scale above level 50, be careful getting too high a level in them before moving onto UVHM, because if you have a bunch of level 50 gear and start UVHM where everything is level 55 or something, you will likely have trouble killing anything, and the white/green weapons you'll get at the start of UVHM won't do you much good.
  1. Boards
  2. Borderlands 2
  3. Are there low level pearls? (and other newbish questions)

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived