Is there any way to copy a character file?

#1DegalonPosted 4/7/2013 11:46:52 PM
I had a character reserved for soloing when nobody is online to play with, then a friend joined me for a single mission, now he's wanting me to wait and use that character to play with him, but I'm wanting to still have a character to play with when nobody is on.

I guess I could just keep the one for playing with him on Cloud Storage, but that'd be a pain to say, transfer stuff to my other characters.
---
GT/PSN: DEGALON
Official Fuu of the Naruto Storm 3 Boards
#2Azrael0206Posted 4/7/2013 11:48:42 PM
Usb man
Also you can back up on the cloud
Just be careful when merging data
---
Assistant Manager at Foveroula and Acid's Pawn Shop
I remember Alvor every time I make Skyforge Steel
#3Degalon(Topic Creator)Posted 4/8/2013 12:00:08 AM
Azrael0206 posted...
Usb man

But is there any way to differentiate the cloud save from the original save? So I can transfer it back from cloud and have both?
---
GT/PSN: DEGALON
Official Fuu of the Naruto Storm 3 Boards
#4Azrael0206Posted 4/8/2013 12:04:24 AM
Degalon posted...
Azrael0206 posted...
Usb man

But is there any way to differentiate the cloud save from the original save? So I can transfer it back from cloud and have both?

Oh..
Hmm
Are you talking about having two of the same toon, to use them for different purposes?
I misunderstood somehow, sorry.

Idk what you should do man.
Ive never done that.
---
Assistant Manager at Foveroula and Acid's Pawn Shop
I remember Alvor every time I make Skyforge Steel
#5Ellampo666Posted 4/8/2013 12:13:23 AM
Im shure theres some computer program that will let you read and duplicate xbox saves try and google it
#6spfurm01Posted 4/8/2013 12:53:28 AM(edited)
Copying (not moving) a save to the cloud partition should let it be a completely different save. Cloud saves are still stored on your HDD (they get uploaded to the cloud, but they are stored locally) so it effectively works as an on-disc USB. You should be able to have two different saves that way.
---
We know Gavorn's tricks! We leave!
#7Wallcrawler8878Posted 4/8/2013 6:06:24 AM
Just copy it to your internal memory unit if you dont have a flash drive.

You can only have ONE file for that particular character per save device. Doesnt matter if you change the name on the character or anything, so one file per device.

I ALWAYS ALWAYS ALWAYS back up my character files, especially if I know Im going to have other people in my game doing trades, or just playing in general.
#8DieRomantiicPosted 4/8/2013 6:06:31 AM
spfurm01 posted...
Copying (not moving) a save to the cloud partition should let it be a completely different save. Cloud saves are still stored on your HDD (they get uploaded to the cloud, but they are stored locally) so it effectively works as an on-disc USB. You should be able to have two different saves that way.

This. Copying the file to a usb or cloud differentiates them.

Playing the original wont effect the copied character.
---
Before the Nightmare
#9dredeezie80Posted 4/8/2013 6:14:07 AM
You can use a USB and copy your toon from the hard drive, to the USB. Use the hard drive toon to play your main and use the USB toon to play with your friend.

Just configure the USB for xbox, copy character data from hard drive to USB. When you play, select the appropriate one from the main menu when you start up BL2.