What are Loot midget raids, and how do you get them to spawn frequently?

#1Aadrian1234Posted 4/8/2013 1:13:48 AM
Been off the boards for a while, so sorry if this is an outdated question. I keep seeing posts about loot midget raids, Doctors Orders quest, and getting them to spawn from a certain set of boxes and dropping legendary/pearlescent weapons. Can someone please explain this to me?
---
PSN/GT-Aadrianseth
When life gives you lemons, burn down life's manager's house down. With the lemons. It will solve all your problems.
#2Eternal KPosted 4/8/2013 3:34:32 AM
The loot midgets you found all over the place that popped out of ammo boxes have been replaced with Legendary Loot Midgets in the third playthrough, UVHM. The LLM have a high chance of dropping legendary and pearlescent weapons.

By having Doctor's Orders open, there is a set of 4 boxes in the Wildlife Exploitation Preserve that will typically spawn 3-4 of these midgets every time through. Because of that, people have been keeping the quest open and farming them for a chance at the pearlescent gear.

Hopefully that clears it up for you!
---
2007 - 2008 NHL Saturday Picks Champion
#3WretchedOwlPosted 4/8/2013 5:19:32 AM
Just make sure you don't actually pick up any of the echoes from Doctor's Orders, otherwise it'll bump the number of loot midgets that appear down for every echo you pick up. There's one in one of the boxes that they spawn in so be careful.

Protip: DO NOT HOLD X TO PICK UP ANYTHING IN THIS ROOM.
---
Some doors are best left closed, because once open, they're easy to walk through again and again.
-- GT: Wretched Owls
#4InfinityZEROPosted 4/8/2013 11:01:08 AM
You can always just finished the quest and reset it though, right?
---
"Learn the lesson that George Lucas fails to learn: despite the fact that you created this series, it doesn't belong in your hands." Langis on Sonic
#5Eternal KPosted 4/8/2013 2:31:26 PM
InfinityZERO posted...
You can always just finished the quest and reset it though, right?

You can, but you also have to play through the story again up to that point. Up to you if you wanna, really.
---
2007 - 2008 NHL Saturday Picks Champion
#6xboxBUNZILLAPosted 4/8/2013 2:56:21 PM
WretchedOwl posted...

Commen sense tip: DO NOT HOLD X TO PICK UP ANYTHING IN THIS ROOM.

fixed.
---
KaBoom1322 Posted 2/26/2013 12:56:24 PM
My BAR is only 20k :( ..
#7Aadrian1234(Topic Creator)Posted 4/8/2013 3:19:14 PM
Eternal K posted...
The loot midgets you found all over the place that popped out of ammo boxes have been replaced with Legendary Loot Midgets in the third playthrough, UVHM. The LLM have a high chance of dropping legendary and pearlescent weapons.

By having Doctor's Orders open, there is a set of 4 boxes in the Wildlife Exploitation Preserve that will typically spawn 3-4 of these midgets every time through. Because of that, people have been keeping the quest open and farming them for a chance at the pearlescent gear.

Hopefully that clears it up for you!

Thanks, once I get there I'll start farming them. Still doing quests at sanctuary right now
---
PSN/GT-Aadrianseth
When life gives you lemons, burn down life's manager's house down. With the lemons. It will solve all your problems.