Your favorite purple gun

#1WretchedOwlPosted 4/9/2013 4:31:49 AM
Ahh purple guns. We all know them as that trash that drops from the invincibles that aren't legendaries, so naturally we usually want nothing to do with them.

However, with the beauty of the RNG, there are some purple guns out there that can pretty much trump the damage on any legendary of its kind, or serve is a substitute til you get that sweet orange glow you've been looking for.

I wanna know the most awesome, face breaking, head exploding purple gun you've ever seen.

I'll start: I got this little beauty from Pete back during the lv50 farming grinds before the cap, and I'm pleased to say at lv54 in UVHM my Zer0 is still putting it to very deadly use.

Doc's Quad. An awesome purple two-shot shotty with the Jakob's grip and stock. 8013x18 projectiles. I can get both shots out and reload (with the help of some of Zer0's nice reload speed buffs) in about 1.5 seconds. This 2 shot mag combined with 0s0k is just amazing. Every other shot having an extra 60% gun damage boost? I think so.
---
Some doors are best left closed, because once open, they're easy to walk through again and again.
-- GT: Wretched Owls
#2narf001Posted 4/9/2013 4:37:07 AM
I too have this shotgun, it is very strong. My level 55 Axton is still using it.
---
Hail
Gamertag-Danaochman
#3Argyle_GargoylePosted 4/9/2013 5:01:51 AM(edited)
i miss my level 50 DVA anarchist. id love to find another at the new max, but seeing as how ive only ever seen the one DVA, so im not holding my breath. non DVAs shred things as well, so they will suffice, but i did love that DVA. im all about vladof. dat fire rate

EDIT: i got it as a drop from terra
---
Crazy? Crazy with low prices on Wind Brahmin. You buy one!!
#4Jambi_ManPosted 4/9/2013 5:07:59 AM
Off of memory, as I'm at work now... I can recall a few

50 Resolute Guerrilla- (incendiary).
50 Two Fer Widow Maker

Both decent guns, and fun to use. But honestly, I use more blues/e-techs than purples.
There's just something lacking with them, not sure why...

For example, got a 50 purple Ravager that I saved. It isn't as good as at least 3 50 blue Ravagers I've found since.
---
Drink Slagger Lager.....it gets you drunk 2 times faster!
Now with 50% MORE slag buzz!!
#5Pvt-SpoonPosted 4/9/2013 5:08:59 AM
I had a Dahl Night sniper in shock that tore through shields and if it didn't out right kill, it left the target in a bad way ; ). Hope I find another one. I had anarchist pistols in slag and corrosive ... damn I miss the twins.
---
A pessimist is just an optimist with more experience.
#6WretchedOwl(Topic Creator)Posted 4/9/2013 5:16:24 AM
I actually got 2 of the exact same DVA Anarchist the last time I opened the golden key chest... but that was back before the cap and at lv44. Neither of them were very good.. Jakob's grip taking away from fire rate is kind of... contradicting to an anarchist. Maybe balancing, but still. I'd rather go for all raw damage or all fire rate.
---
Some doors are best left closed, because once open, they're easy to walk through again and again.
#7Pvt-SpoonPosted 4/9/2013 5:23:47 AM
The slag anarchist I had was a DVA, had a good fire rate. Tore through most everything I pointed it at. Didn't even need to switch out after the slag took effect. The corrosive was ok, but didn't out perform the hornet I had, ate up the ammo, but was fun to use here and there.
---
#8WretchedOwl(Topic Creator)Posted 4/9/2013 5:27:34 AM
Yeah, that seems to be the same problem I'm having with this shotty, even with the new UVHM SDU. 4 ammo per shot with that kind of fr/reload speed... I'm dry before I make it halfway through an area if I use it too much.

But I've also discovered that despite being a shotgun, this thing is amazing for buzzards as well.
---
#9Pvt-SpoonPosted 4/9/2013 5:40:36 AM
The other night I found a Vladof purple spingun, fire element. It's pretty good but limited in use and, again, eats ammo too fast for the rate of kill it puts out. It will do till I find a shreddifier. I got lucky and the warrior dropped me a practicable conference call at level 61. I used that on some buzzards, worked well with the bee shield.
---
#10TrazielPosted 4/9/2013 5:44:05 AM
Definitely the Anarchist. Picked up a 57 in uvhm and held it to the end.

Purple etech snipers are lovely too blasting through a witch doctors' mask for that hidden crit.
---
Gamertag: LaGrimm
Now Playing: Borderlands 2, ASC: Brotherhood, Halo 4