Hornet drop rate?

#1darktonberryPosted 4/10/2013 12:38:10 AM
I am farming for this weapon and not having great luck. I want this gun because I need a better corrosive weapon for my UVHM playthrough. Is this a super rare drop like anything with bunk3r or am I just been unlucky as of yet?
#2fredbeatswilmaPosted 4/10/2013 12:44:10 AM(edited)
Been unlucky is my guess. Hornet is one of the lesser rare legendary weapons. I think it's because knuckledragger usually always drops a pistol which significantly raises your odds of the item being dropped is a pistol and whether or not it is a legendary.

Kinda like a cobra would be a little easier to find if all burners dropped were snipers.

Also be sure to check everywhere because after you kill him stuff flies around all over the place.
---
uh huh, herbal derbally berbil urbil
#3darktonberry(Topic Creator)Posted 4/10/2013 12:48:31 AM
Yeah I notice that he always drops a white pistol when he dies. Ive also noticed that his loot always shoots back up to the ledge even if he jumps down to the bottom to attack you. Atleast each run doesnt take that long to do...
#4fredbeatswilmaPosted 4/10/2013 12:55:54 AM(edited)
darktonberry posted...
Yeah I notice that he always drops a white pistol when he dies. Ive also noticed that his loot always shoots back up to the ledge even if he jumps down to the bottom to attack you. Atleast each run doesnt take that long to do...

Yeah it's really not that bad of a run for a solid corrosive weapon. Good luck.
---
#5darktonberry(Topic Creator)Posted 4/10/2013 1:05:31 AM
Just got it after about 10 runs. Should really help me out. Thanks for the help again.
#6fredbeatswilmaPosted 4/10/2013 1:10:06 AM
darktonberry posted...
Just got it after about 10 runs. Should really help me out. Thanks for the help again.

Everybody gets one, though I really didn't help much.
---
#7LaharPosted 4/10/2013 1:18:14 AM
darktonberry posted...

I've actually found that the loot always spreads out over the open lower area, even if he dies on the ramp/ledge, or up above the barge, or inside the barge if you're coming from Southern Shelf.
---
It's raining
luggage and babies and limbs and Daddy doesn't come home.
#8darktonberry(Topic Creator)Posted 4/10/2013 1:24:48 AM
fredbeatswilma posted...
darktonberry posted...

Send me an invite if you ever want to play. Im pretty sure youre still on my FL. You hooked me up with a norfleet as well.
#9fredbeatswilmaPosted 4/10/2013 1:36:26 AM
darktonberry posted...
fredbeatswilma posted...
darktonberry posted...

Send me an invite if you ever want to play. Im pretty sure youre still on my FL. You hooked me up with a norfleet as well.

Well hell. I didn't know that was your name on here. We used to run some Harmony of Despair as well I believe.
---
#10darktonberry(Topic Creator)Posted 4/10/2013 3:32:07 AM
Yeah we did and we also played a bit of Dark Souls as well. But yeah thats me lol. There is still a pretty active community for CVHD believe it or not. Its still pretty easy to find a game.