resetting challenges (AKA prestige) a short guide

#1Argyle_GargoylePosted 4/10/2013 7:07:01 AM
i did a quick write up in a recent topic, and figured that the info could be useful for people that are interested or may be confused on the issue.

hopefully this can clear up any confusion people have with this and hopefully it helps some people out.

this is a quick concise description of what must be done in order to reset your badass challenges (prestige):

Not all challenges count towards the reset total. in fact, most do not. These are the challenge categories that DO count towards prestige:

Enemies
Elemental
Loot
Money and Trading
Vehicle
Health and Revovery
Grenades
Shields
Rocket Launcher
Sniper Rifle
Assault Rifle
SMG
Shotgun
Pistol
Melee
General Combat
Miscellaneous

each challenge has 5 levels, for a total of 5 ranks possibly earned for each challenge.

ie: kill 10 nomads level 1. this is worth one rank point. say the 2nd level of the challenge is kill 20 nomads. do this and the challenge will be worth 2 rank points and so on...

you need to earn a total of 485 rank points in these categories in order to prestige (reset challenges). you DO NOT have to complete level 5 on %85 of these challenges. only %85 of the total available ranks (this comes out to 485 total)

when you reset, it resets progress in ALL challenges. not just the ones that apply towards prestiging.

doing this DOES NOT reset your personal badass rank. that stays as it is and continues to grow as you complete more challenges.

when you highlight the challenge list on the right side of the screen, an option to reset challenges will appear once you have completed the minimum amount.

once you reset, all challenges and progress towards current challenges, so do not reset until you have done all challenges you plan on doing.

ie. if you are 2 kills away from getting the level 5 requirement for rocket launchers. you may want to consider completing that last rank as to not miss out on the 100 badass points. it is up to you, and not at all essential. but why miss out on easy BAR. thats kinda the entire point of prestiging anyways. to get more BAR.

hope this write up helps anyone who is confused over this process
---
Crazy? Crazy with low prices on Wind Brahmin. You buy one!!
#2disgaeamanPosted 4/10/2013 7:21:37 AM
Nice guide i didnt even know you could reset badass ranks
---
A lifetime to build a moment to destroy are humans masters of creation or destruction ?
XBL - Adonis 606 PSN - Adonis277
#3darkmafia666Posted 4/10/2013 7:28:28 AM
there doesn't seem to be much point.....i mean 3,000 kills or 50,000 damage for a measly 5 points...
---
GT: Dark Mafia 7734
Is there anybody who can provide me with a decent challange?!!!!!!
#4LifeIsABigGamePosted 4/10/2013 8:07:00 AM
I do the map specific challenges too cuz those r very easy and fast to complete. Done that with 3 of my characters and 3 times on my axton. That's why I'm at 100k bars and rising.
---
Life is best enjoyed with family and friends.
GT: Mono El Nasty
#5Argyle_Gargoyle(Topic Creator)Posted 4/10/2013 8:41:49 AM
LifeIsABigGame posted...
I do the map specific challenges too cuz those r very easy and fast to complete. Done that with 3 of my characters and 3 times on my axton. That's why I'm at 100k bars and rising.

they are easy. dont count towards the reset though, so i didnt mention them
---
#6Argyle_Gargoyle(Topic Creator)Posted 4/10/2013 8:45:59 AM
darkmafia666 posted...
there doesn't seem to be much point.....i mean 3,000 kills or 50,000 damage for a measly 5 points...

the majority of these challenges are things you can easily complete through regular play.

the whole point of resetting is to reset the challenges that will be completed through regular play. why not earn some more BAR when you are just messing around?

plus the challenges are a way to continue improving your character once you are capped out. not something you have to do, but for many, its a reason to keep playing your favorite character.
---
#7JimiMorrison187Posted 4/10/2013 9:58:02 AM
It is great for some of the damage ones. In UVHM and when you are over Level 50 doing damage with a Tediore Reoload, or a Slag weapon will give you through Rank 5 in like 2 shots.

So basically you get 166 BA rank from a few shots.

The HEal Please is decent too since you have health regen and if you get in and out of a vehicle it for some reason takes your bonuses off and you ahve to regen.

You can get allt he grenade and Elemental ones real easy again as well as mooney. Money is easy since you get a ton more in TVHM and UVHM.

It's really fast.
---
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v643/ripvanwallace/SCAN001.jpg
#8DragoonFenixPosted 4/10/2013 10:15:23 AM
Thank you for posting this. Sticky requested. Where does the option appear once you're able to reset the challenges?
---
XBL: Dragoon Fenix
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=yX1Xvitysp8
#9JimiMorrison187Posted 4/10/2013 10:18:00 AM
Thank you for posting this. Sticky requested. Where does the option appear once you're able to reset the challenges?

Go to the page where all the challenges are listed (The actual challenges, not the BA Rank page) and at the bottom it will show which button to push to reset them. If it's not there you haven't met the requirements.
---
I Support: http://www.bl2wiki.com/images/thumb/0/0c/Vladof_logo.png/400px-Vladof_logo.png
#10Argyle_Gargoyle(Topic Creator)Posted 4/10/2013 10:22:01 AM(edited)
DragoonFenix posted...

the option will appear at the bottom of the screen. it will say "Press 'X' to reset"

you need to be in the badass rank section of the menu. from there, you need to have the challenge list (on the right of the screen) selected. when you have this section highlighted, the selection will appear at the bottom of the screen under the list

the option will not appear until you meet the requirements to reset. it will be with the other options that allow you to reorganized the challenges
---