Inventing the new Evil Smasher

#1killbot357Posted 4/10/2013 9:24:07 PM
So I had an idea.

What if people started posting a ton of LF threads for a specific weapon (or set of weapons), and made it seem like there is a glitch similar to the Evil Smasher attached to it?

How long until this took off on its own and didn't need people pretending that gun was awesome? It could even be a specific combination of obscure guns, like having the Bane in your left hand, and the Morningstar in your right, and Shotgun 1340 on the down arrow, and a Norfleet on the top. Then you do some combination that gives the Norfleet infinite ammo, so you can just nuke entire areas and do tons of damage.

It'd probably be pretty easy to fake a video or two on YouTube. Sounds like fun!
---
XBOX GT: illbzo1
Currently playing: Fire Emblem: Awakening, Borderlands 2
#2jloewensteinPosted 4/10/2013 9:32:29 PM
lol
Too bad gamefaqs doesn't have an hidden/vip area to develop this kind of troll, It could be epic.
---
Steam: jloewenstein
#3ShinterLPosted 4/11/2013 6:02:08 AM
killbot357 posted...
So I had an idea.

What if people started posting a ton of LF threads for a specific weapon (or set of weapons), and made it seem like there is a glitch similar to the Evil Smasher attached to it?

How long until this took off on its own and didn't need people pretending that gun was awesome? It could even be a specific combination of obscure guns, like having the Bane in your left hand, and the Morningstar in your right, and Shotgun 1340 on the down arrow, and a Norfleet on the top. Then you do some combination that gives the Norfleet infinite ammo, so you can just nuke entire areas and do tons of damage.

It'd probably be pretty easy to fake a video or two on YouTube. Sounds like fun!

I could support this.

"Oh, you can't get it to work? You must be doing it slightly wrong. Too bad."
#4EricDaviesPosted 4/11/2013 6:10:50 AM
I'm down like syndrome.
---
XBL GT: Hysterical Jew
#5Argyle_GargoylePosted 4/11/2013 6:14:06 AM
or just post an old ES video with a post patch date and insist that the smasher still works. that they just arent doing it right. and refer to your video proof
---
Crazy? Crazy with low prices on Wind Brahmin. You buy one!!
#6ShinterLPosted 4/11/2013 6:18:59 AM
Argyle_Gargoyle posted...
or just post an old ES video with a post patch date and insist that the smasher still works. that they just arent doing it right. and refer to your video proof

Yeah, but it would be more fun getting them all to try to get weapons that they all tossed months ago, since most people probably still have their Evil Smasher, just in case.

And I would suggest something about the Bane and using a skill like Fleet on Maya, with a class mod that gets it to 11, which "breaks" the speed penalty on the Bane, and simultaneously breaks the damage, somehow...
#7darkmafia666Posted 4/11/2013 6:25:51 AM
but it would be better if it was for all characters though
---
GT: Dark Mafia 7734
Is there anybody who can provide me with a decent challange?!!!!!!
#83CDEDPosted 4/11/2013 6:31:06 AM
darkmafia666 posted...

once the gun is broken on a 61 maya it works on all chars.

can you imagine the hate after some kids go and play through a whole siren class to get it and it not working?

oh and it has to be level 42
---
Resident GFAQS Lamborghini Sympathiser
http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8455/7893178522_b49c0e106d_b.jpg https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sLSZZEJvCks
#9ShinterLPosted 4/11/2013 6:34:35 AM
darkmafia666 posted...

Personally, I think it would be funnier if it made people have to then also look for people to power level their character that they never got around to, which to me seems more likely to be Maya than Sal or Zero. It could also be some new "glitch" "discovered" with the new character, and by May people may have forgotten this thread existed (and people who come back to the board to ask questions about the new character wouldn't know about it in the first place).
#10killbot357(Topic Creator)Posted 4/11/2013 6:36:19 AM
3CDED posted...
darkmafia666 posted...

once the gun is broken on a 61 maya it works on all chars.

can you imagine the hate after some kids go and play through a whole siren class to get it and it not working?

oh and it has to be level 42

I support this plan.
---
XBOX GT: illbzo1
Currently playing: Fire Emblem: Awakening, Borderlands 2