You CAN do Doctor's Orders before completing the story mission, right?

#1killbot357Posted 4/11/2013 6:32:57 AM
Just want to verify. I'm currently in Highlands Outwash, trying to get back to Sanctuary, and I'd like to start farming loot midgets as soon as possible.

You can just get the quest from Tannis as soon as you unlock the WEP, right?
---
XBOX GT: illbzo1
Currently playing: Fire Emblem: Awakening, Borderlands 2
#2ShinterLPosted 4/11/2013 6:40:56 AM(edited)
Yeah, get to WEP, then head back to Sanctuary to pick up the mission. If you farm before you get too far on the story mission, you can avoid the cages with all the BA enemies around the loot midget room.
#3DRCEQPosted 4/11/2013 7:58:41 AM
ShinterL posted...
Yeah, get to WEP, then head back to Sanctuary to pick up the mission. If you farm before you get too far on the story mission, you can avoid the cages with all the BA enemies around the loot midget room.

IIRC, those cages only open up after you investgate you-know-who's holding area. Just don't go through that one door and you should be fine.
---
Meowahaha! Madness, Genius, the only difference between them is success! - Taokaka, Blaz Blue Continuum Shift
Motoko Kusanagi is my goddess!
#4LifeIsABigGamePosted 4/11/2013 8:22:35 AM
U guys r acting like those two bad asses r gonna kick ur ass hard. All u need to kill them is a slag weapon (I use the slagga), a fire weapon (I use the hellfire), an acid weapon (I use an infinity), and a powerful grenade (I use the meteor shower). That combination and my 2 slag turrets destroy everything in the area
---
Life is best enjoyed with family and friends.
GT: Mono El Nasty
#5ShinterLPosted 4/11/2013 8:31:26 AM
LifeIsABigGame posted...
U guys r acting like those two bad asses r gonna kick ur ass hard. All u need to kill them is a slag weapon (I use the slagga), a fire weapon (I use the hellfire), an acid weapon (I use an infinity), and a powerful grenade (I use the meteor shower). That combination and my 2 slag turrets destroy everything in the area

No, they aren't hard to kill, but they make the farming run slower. Not having to deal with them means more farming runs during the time I can play, which means more chances for drops.
#6jloewensteinPosted 4/11/2013 9:18:13 AM
DRCEQ posted...
ShinterL posted...

IIRC, those cages only open up after you investgate you-know-who's holding area. Just don't go through that one door and you should be fine.

yep, but you're gonna stay forever in Wildlife Preservation stage, without entering PT 3.5? What are you doing to reach level cap, DLCs, side missions? Or you're stuffing yourselves with low level legendaries and pearls?
---
Steam: jloewenstein
#7ShinterLPosted 4/11/2013 9:21:00 AM
jloewenstein posted...
DRCEQ posted...
ShinterL posted...

yep, but you're gonna stay forever in Wildlife Preservation stage, without entering PT 3.5? What are you doing to reach level cap, DLCs, side missions? Or you're stuffing yourselves with low level legendaries and pearls?

You have to kill a bunch of enemies, including BA's and the midgets themselves while farming there. I've leveled from 53 to 59 quite quickly farming those boxes, getting legendaries throughout the 50's. Best way I know of to keep yourself in legendaries while leveling.

Remember, enemies and loot scales with you in UVHM.
#8killbot357(Topic Creator)Posted 4/11/2013 12:08:45 PM
Cool, lots of great responses here. Hopefully I can get to this mission tonight!
---
XBOX GT: illbzo1
Currently playing: Fire Emblem: Awakening, Borderlands 2
#9DRCEQPosted 4/11/2013 12:23:04 PM
ShinterL posted...
jloewenstein posted...
DRCEQ posted...
ShinterL posted...

You have to kill a bunch of enemies, including BA's and the midgets themselves while farming there. I've leveled from 53 to 59 quite quickly farming those boxes, getting legendaries throughout the 50's. Best way I know of to keep yourself in legendaries while leveling.

I'm already level 58 and I haven't even reached the WEP yet. Getting loot isn't everything. I enjoy doing the side missions.
---
Meowahaha! Madness, Genius, the only difference between them is success! - Taokaka, Blaz Blue Continuum Shift
Motoko Kusanagi is my goddess!
#10PanopictonguyPosted 4/11/2013 12:52:21 PM
DRCEQ posted...
ShinterL posted...
jloewenstein posted...
DRCEQ posted...
ShinterL posted...

I'm already level 58 and I haven't even reached the WEP yet. Getting loot isn't everything. I enjoy doing the side missions.

This game is solely about farming for loot non-stop. Just doing quest abs relating the story is a waste. just get somebody to boost you and hit those cardboard boxes hard. from their get some one to carry you through Mr. Torgues campaign and start farming Pete non stop.

You can do this until May when Krieg is released, then have someone boost you to 61 and repeat what I just said.

( Warning this post is full of sarcasm.)

The thing I like a games like HoD & MH is that farming also requires you to play a significant amount the game to fan. HoD requires you to play a entire level and the boss. MH requires you to fight different enemies different ways. There's really no end all be all in those games in terms of farming so there's lots of variety in the way people play multi player as opposed to a lot of clones running around all working towards a singular goal.
---
Oh, you thought they made this game for you? You clearly bought the wrong game.