is UVHM even any fun?

#1DegalonPosted 4/11/2013 6:16:57 PM
Usually, I find the "hardest" difficulty settings in games aren't very fun because it limits gameplay to only the most "efficient' options, and its generally not any harder, just that enemies hit harder and take less damage, so its just that fights take longer.

Is this the case with UVHM.
---
GT/PSN: DEGALON
Official Fuu of the Naruto Storm 3 Boards
#2SinisterBladePosted 4/11/2013 6:21:09 PM
Yes, but alone, especially under equipped, it can become stress inducing. In a group its a blast, especially on the mic with friends. :D
---
What is a man?!
A miserable little pile of secrets!
#3FoxTornadoPosted 4/11/2013 6:38:38 PM(edited)
Pretty much every enemy is a deadly sponge.

IMHO, it's frustrating until you get decent gear and then it feels about the same as TVHM, just with some extra bad asses. Nothing about the enemy AI is changed, there are no actual new enemies (just upgraded enemies), and the number of enemies seems the same too.

So, ya. It's more of the same stuff, basically. But I like playing anyway, so I can't really complain.
---
Playing: Phantom Breaker: BG, Dodonpachi Resurrection, Dungeon Siege III
"Steel is my body and fire is my blood."
#4JkickitPosted 4/11/2013 6:40:59 PM
Yeah, just have good/decent gear, doesn't need to be the most powerful, just any blues and above near your level. I ditched my lvl 50 legendaries when I hit 54/55. Just wasn't doing it.
---
Deal with it- http://tinyurl.com/amdcu8s FF XIII/Skyrim = 100% -- GT: Gears of Wario
Now Playing: Borderlands2/FFXIII-2/MW2
#5PanopictonguyPosted 4/11/2013 6:59:14 PM
The only thing limiting people is skill, oh and numbers. The colors don't mean anything if the numbers match the skill.
---
Oh, you thought they made this game for you? You clearly bought the wrong game.
#6duericPosted 4/11/2013 8:04:51 PM
I think it's the best thing to happen to this game. The added challenge of the enemies, coupled with the new Salg mechanic make it so you have to use a bit of strategy.

I never had to employ any sort of strategy other than, blitz, freeze, throw nade, clean up, move on, in TVHM.

That all being said, I can totally understand people's views on the "hardest" difficulties because most of the time it's just cheap nonsense that makes it harder. That's not really the case here, but your enjoyment will largely depend on how much you like a more tactical experience. It's not for everyone, I guess.

Just offering my 2 cents from someone who likes it and plays solo.
---
"It's like people using the internet have never heard of the internet." - SadHillShowdown Gamefaqs member
#7EasygoingBirdPosted 4/11/2013 8:11:59 PM
As a tip, use slag all the time. Also, a sham and/or bee shield helps quite a bit. I've been using the bee and it makes really quick works of bosses in UVHM even during solo play as long as they're slagged. I killed Wilhelm in about 15 seconds
---
Going to Mcdonalds with heart disease. Heavy risk, but the FRIIIIES
GT: Dr Chowder