What should be added to BL3?

#11PTP2009Posted 4/12/2013 8:01:01 AM
I'd like to see the different vault hunters differ in the way they equip things.

-A melee character with equippable melee weapons with different stats (power, swing speed, recovery speed, critical multiplier, critical chance (makes the critical hitbox bigger), etc.)
-Characters that can equip multiple relics, or multiple shields, or multiple grenade mods
-Some kind of shapeshifter class that has the same total amount of equipment slots but can put whatever he wants in any one of them. So he could forgo 2 weapons and add a second relic and a second class mod or something.
#12The_KiriyamaPosted 4/12/2013 8:07:36 AM
A couple of the things other people mentioned I liked too, the Ice element thing, would be nice. Definitely. I'd love to see that added. Also things like melee weapons being as varied as the guns, that's definitely got to be in the next game. It's about variety and choice, and I think they made a statement with characters like Brick, Zer0 and Krieg, that melee definitely has a place in the BL universe, so it should be given as much love as the guns.
---
GamerTag: TheKiriyama
Currently Playing: Battlefield 3, Borderlands 2, Dark Souls, Red Dead Redemption
#13Kiyosuki_Mk2Posted 4/12/2013 8:08:24 AM
Maybe actual melee weapons, like stuff you equip, with different effects or attack styles. I thought that's what they were going to do with Zer0 when I first heard about this game.

You know, just to mix up the loot a bit more.
#143CDEDPosted 4/12/2013 8:13:44 AM
implement a system for coop that pops up a Yes/No menu when someone else picks up a weapon.

basically it shows you the weapon card and asks you would you like a copy of this weapon.

press A for yes B for No.

can be customised to appear for all item rarities, just for say purple and up or only pearl etc.

would completely remove the primary need for duping.

other than that melee weapons. take up a weapon slot like a gun, fired with the same button as a gun, has parts like a gun and has an item card like a gun. difference is its a melee weapon

maybe you could have advanced weapons with 3 attacks

attack 1) fast stab/thrust etc. mapped to normal fire button

attack 2) heavy/slow attack. mapped to normal melee button.

attack 3) throw attack/parry. mapped to reload button.
---
Resident GFAQS Lamborghini Sympathiser
http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8455/7893178522_b49c0e106d_b.jpg https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sLSZZEJvCks
#15TheIastspartanPosted 4/12/2013 8:14:00 AM
Kiyosuki_Mk2 posted...
Maybe actual melee weapons, like stuff you equip, with different effects or attack styles. I thought that's what they were going to do with Zer0 when I first heard about this game.

You know, just to mix up the loot a bit more.

Yeah, that would be cool. I think a pearlescent melee weapon would be awesome.
#16AarksharkPosted 4/12/2013 8:21:36 AM
I'll just throw out some ideas that other people have suggested again, because I like them...

-New Element(s); Ice? Great. A slowing/freezing option, weak vs Armor but +DMG against Health/Fire?

-More Equiment slots! 2 Relics? Great... Not sure what else you could do, though. Maybe a new slot that increases ammo capacity or something? Split Relics into two items, character and weapon bonuses?

-Creating a new character at lvl 30 once you beaten NG+? Awesome.

-Third Person option. I like the idea, I'm just not sure if it's plausible. Possible, but not plausible.
Definitely not a mandatory third-person, though.

-Custom Weapons: It's everywhere now, in FPS's and TPS's. It might not fit with the Borderlands LOOTLOOTLOOT ARPG theme, but hey, I can dream.
---
Gamertag/PSN ID/Steam: Navllyk
Common sense is actually ultra rare and must be bought from premium spectre packs to have a chance of obtaining it. -Cicero.me-
#17The_KiriyamaPosted 4/12/2013 8:29:07 AM
Aarkshark posted...
-Custom Weapons: It's everywhere now, in FPS's and TPS's. It might not fit with the Borderlands LOOTLOOTLOOT ARPG theme, but hey, I can dream.

I think it would work just fine. All you'd have to do is, set it up so maybe you can't just create your own guns, or as someone has already said, if you do they'd have to be gimped in some way, inferior to rarity levels of blue and up. But say any guns that drop, like for example, the conference call. You could take said weapon, and modify it just a little, like, edit it sort of. Say by 20%? Or something like that. So you could increase the damage by that much, but reduce its accuracy. Or increase its fire rate, but reduce its magazine size, and so on. That'd work.
---
GamerTag: TheKiriyama
Currently Playing: Battlefield 3, Borderlands 2, Dark Souls, Red Dead Redemption
#18spfurm01Posted 4/12/2013 8:46:06 AM
Things I'd like to see:

1) A change in the drop system in BL1 we spent all our time farming for better versions of legendaries we already had. In BL2 it feels like you're farming for a single copy of the legendary item, and the differences between legendaries feels artificial. This is because the game needs...

2) More gun part diversity. I'd like to see legendary parts not tied to the barrel of the gun like they are in this game 90% of the time. I'd like to see low level/rarity guns that aren't exact replicas of other low level/rarity guns because they're so limited in possible gun parts.

3) More exact display of item stats and/or a character info page that displays stats. Shield bonuses don't work intuitively because shields don't display the "hidden modifiers" for their capacity. There's really no reason this info shouldn't be available to the players.

4) Less memes, more actual jokes.
---
We know Gavorn's tricks! We leave!
#19SL_Tops10Posted 4/12/2013 10:45:11 AM
A "roll the dice" system for legendary/really rare loot that drops. So instead of it being whoever sees it and gets it first, players who really could use it could "roll" for it. For those who have played WoW, similar to that.

It can be an option for party leader, not mandatory, just because I know some wouldn't like it.
---
GT: SL Tops10
#20AlleRacingPosted 4/12/2013 11:01:42 AM
This idea probably wouldn't be too feasible on consoles or with online play, but mod tools for players to craft their own weapons and items. There would be the inevitable wave of poorly crafted mods, but I'd wager there would be quite a few talented modders with fantastic mods.
---
http://img356.imageshack.us/img356/8325/scrunchface2copyfx0.png
http://www.xboxlc.com/cards/default/alle5.jpg