Can a non-melee ZeR0 be viable in UVHM?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Borderlands 2
  3. Can a non-melee ZeR0 be viable in UVHM?

User Info: Acky_316

Acky_316
3 years ago#1
Topic. Or are they forced to become melee to withstand a chance?
i5-3570, CM 212 EVO, GTX 670 FTW, Asus Z77 Sabertooth, 8gb Crucial Ballistix Tactical 1833MHz, 128gb Crucial SSD, 500gb WD Black, HAF 912, Corsair TX750

User Info: Jagoros

Jagoros
3 years ago#2
I'll say this, a pure sniper build is really difficult. I think a good blend involving the cunning tree can get you by if you're very against going melee.
~Jagoros
Madness takes it's toll. Please have exact change ready.

User Info: BansheeNTDmode

BansheeNTDmode
3 years ago#3
I made a pure sniper zero. Melee is pretty hard on uvhm for bosses

User Info: Tsuruke

Tsuruke
3 years ago#4
Cunning/B0re build still has no issues for me in UVHM. Neither does a full melee build.

User Info: Jagoros

Jagoros
3 years ago#5
I'm also finding level 51+ sniper rifles to be ridiculously under-powered compared to their counterparts. If I'm still finding sniper rifles at level 57 with LESS DAMAGE than some of the rifles I found at 40, I'm thinking there is a problem.
~Jagoros
Madness takes it's toll. Please have exact change ready.

Acky_316
3 years ago#6
BansheeNTDmode posted...
I made a pure sniper zero. Melee is pretty hard on uvhm for bosses

I have an Axton and ZeR0 going pretty much at the same time (level 34, 42 respectively), but wondering which one I want to take to the end first. I found that leveling ZeR0, I sort of suck at melee. I seem to hit Deception, then just hack and slash. But, I also heard someone say that melee is an absolute necessity to survive/kill UVHM. With Axton, I have had a much easier time progressing with him, but I've heard someone say he's just mediocre in UVHM, that his turrets don't survive long enough to make a difference.
i5-3570, CM 212 EVO, GTX 670 FTW, Asus Z77 Sabertooth, 8gb Crucial Ballistix Tactical 1833MHz, 128gb Crucial SSD, 500gb WD Black, HAF 912, Corsair TX750

Acky_316
3 years ago#7
Tsuruke posted...
Cunning/B0re build still has no issues for me in UVHM. Neither does a full melee build.

Can you maybe link your B0re build?

User Info: WretchedOwl

WretchedOwl
3 years ago#8
Tsuruke posted...

which COM/relic do you use for the cunning B0re spec?
Some doors are best left closed, because once open, they're easy to walk through again and again.
-- GT: Wretched Owls

User Info: hybrid_5tigmata

hybrid_5tigmata
3 years ago#9
I do awesome with my sniper/ kunai build. With sniping being my main damage, i havent run into any problems with it and ive done the whole campaign/raid bosses. I guess it just boils down to if you can aim well or not
Former GT:Doiler. AKA "The Doiler Saga"
current GT: Wet 8 Year Old

Acky_316
3 years ago#10
hybrid_5tigmata posted...
I do awesome with my sniper/ kunai build. With sniping being my main damage, i havent run into any problems with it and ive done the whole campaign/raid bosses. I guess it just boils down to if you can aim well or not

Have ya been able to test those out playing solo?
  1. Boards
  2. Borderlands 2
  3. Can a non-melee ZeR0 be viable in UVHM?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived