Xbox Live is Down?

#51LordofHuntersPosted 4/13/2013 3:45:53 PM
ginganinja22 posted...
ITS FINALLY BACK UP, for me at least... :D

Back for me as well.
---
PSN/GT: Azure_Soul/Azure0Soul
Games being played: Borderlands 2, Mass Effect, Monster Hunter, Persona 4 Golden.
#52DragoonFenixPosted 4/13/2013 4:10:41 PM(edited)
Kelly, did you happen to read what the president of Activision Blizzard said about us costumers?

I'm sure someone here can find the wall of text somewhere but if y'all will allow I'll paraphrase. Basically he said that we the consumer are sheep and as long as we act like sheep ig. paying full price for add ons such as heart of the swarm he saw no reason to change the current business model.

Why is this important? Well I used to be a a blizzard fan boy. And I bought what ever garbage they fed me and I paid full price before asking for seconds. WoW, Diablo 3, Starcraft 2, and so on and so forth. I woke up while in line to buy heart of the swarm. I was about to pay $100 for the CE of an add on that I had to be always on line for. I realized how dumb I had been and walked out of the store vowing to never buy a blizzard product again.

Now my one purchase will never make a difference and until we as a gaming community stop paying to be treated like this it's only going to get worse.

Sorry for my rant but I thought I would toss in my two cents.
---
XBL: Dragoon Fenix
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=yX1Xvitysp8
#53Jambi_ManPosted 4/13/2013 3:50:18 PM
LordofHunters posted...
ginganinja22 posted...

Back for me as well.

Yup, live is good to go.
---
Would you like to do battle with a Brony riding piggyback on a Rabid Stalker? If the answer is no, you are sad, and I've no desire to speak with you further.
#54JagorosPosted 4/13/2013 3:59:05 PM
ginganinja22 posted...

Me too! Hey did you want to get that trade done? I tried sending you a message but that doesn't seem to work yet
---
~Jagoros
Madness takes it's toll. Please have exact change ready.
#55SinisterBladePosted 4/13/2013 4:00:49 PM
DragoonFenix posted...
Kelly, did you happen to read what the president of Activision Blizzard said about us costumers?

I'm sure someone here can find the wall of text somewhere but if y'all will allow I'll paraphrase. Basically he said that we the consumer are sheep and as long as we act like sheep ig. paying full price for add ons such as heart of the swarm he saw no reason to change the current business model.

Why is this important? Well I used to be a a blizzard fan boy. And I bought what ever garbage they fed me and I paid full price before asking for seconds. WoW, Diablo 3, Starcraft 2, and so on and so forth. I woke up while in line ti buy heart of the swarm. I was about to pay $100 for the CE of an add on for an add on that I had to be always on line for. I realized how dumb I had been and walked out of the store vowing to never buy a blizzard product again.

Now my one purchase will never make a difference and until we as a gaming community stop paying to be treated like this it's only going to get worse.

Sorry for my rant but I thought I would toss in my two cents.

There's a reason I refer to Activision/Blizzard as the Devil. You appear to have some insight on my reasoning. They made a similar comment when asked about the CoD series becoming stagnant and stale. Essentially they feel if people buy it they have no reason to improve or innovate, they are preying on ignorance. Pathetic, and upsetting.
---
What is a man?!
A miserable little pile of secrets!
#56KellyRipyaPosted 4/13/2013 4:20:37 PM(edited)
Yup I loved that Maxis got shown its butt by the Sim City community. All those problems they had when the game launched, that's exactly the type of trainwrecks we're in for with an always-on Xbox.

And these problems with Xbox Live today is just proof of what a disaster it would be if we couldn't play games unless connected to the Internet. It's really despicable to even think about consoles being chained to the whims of computer servers. If I wanted that I'd play on a PC. Consoles are supposed to be self-contained gaming machines specifically to avoid the hassles of PC.

And Dragoon, I don't buy Blizzard because they're more PC oriented, but if I did then that quote would swear me off for good :<. It used to be that EA was the epitome of despicable money-grubbing attitudes towards gamers, but now it feels like most developers have learned all the wrong lessons from DLC sales and whatnot, and looking to milk the player base for every penny they can. All while stripping us of any autonomy and making sure we're plugged into their networks so they can keep us under their thumb.

It's not a pretty picture where we seem to be heading in this next generation of gaming :/

---
All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain
GT: Althea N Hell
#57Macdaddyruss1Posted 4/13/2013 4:36:02 PM
Ok as an individual consumer we are not that strong,

Imagine if an always online req to play games console gets released.

YES some people will buy it.

There will be more people that dont buy it. We as gamers are capable of uniting in our efforts to thwart evil game companies that just want millions easy. I say we throw up our middle finger and with todays face-book world people will protest and just not buy it or force them not to do such a non mandatory req for the video game console of the NEXT GEN.,
---
Not changing Sig until they release DUCKTALES HD! :P
#58SinisterBladePosted 4/13/2013 4:52:44 PM
It may fall to us to save the industry we love so much. Indie titles have been becoming more and more popular, as are reboots of cherished games of old. These both show what we want as gamers. Games like Journey, Minecraft, and now (for me especially) Shovel Knight, show how games made by gamers will boom or even straight outshine companies that thought they reigned supreme. The excellence, design and care (most important to me) placed into games like this is very apparent, and appreciated by people. People who perhaps never even heard of some older rebooted titles like Duck Tales, even take a look.

I feel like games like LoL, Tribes Ascension and others prove as well we would rather pay for the parts of the games we like, rather than simply pay $60 for BLOPS 2 for example, and find out you only enjoy Zombies, or the multiplayer. Its a smart thing all around but wont happen w/ Triple-A titles because the all mighty dollar is all that matters now :(. Free games with features added by transactions might be a better way to go.

I also mentioned Shovel Knight, which just ended its Kickstarter I believe. That game makes me so happy. Combines 8 bit aesthetics and music (Mega Man 1 composer is on board) with elements of classic Mega Man, Castlevania, Duck Tales and more.

Ill admit I brought this game up as a bit of a personal thing (I adore the 8-16 bit games of old), but I also brought up the game for the fact that when games like this gain so much hype and reach thier goals so quickly, it really proves that people are getting fed up by games made by businessmen with only profit in mind. We want and deserve, games made for us by fellow gamers. People who know by experience what makes a game fun, and understands how to make them great.

We are apparently willing to fund games on our own, to ensure we get what we want. We are not sheep. In fact every devoloper/publisher is at our mercy. They just prey on the fact most gamers dont recognize this fact.
---
What is a man?!
#59KellyRipyaPosted 4/13/2013 5:25:30 PM
Haven't heard of Shovel Knight but it sounds cool, I need to go read about it now :)
---
All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain
GT: Althea N Hell
#60SinisterBladePosted 4/13/2013 5:28:55 PM
Tales of Shovelry!!

Seriously though, if you enjoyed some of the old 8-bit games I mentioned, you would probably love it. Im so hype, but dont want to wait till winter for its arrival. Its a conundrum. XD
---
What is a man?!