Am I banned from Xbox live or something?

#1krono069Posted 4/13/2013 2:48:08 PM
I can't sign in. Well, I CAN sign in but I can't connect to the Internet. So, when I sign in to Xbox Live, it signs out my account. When I sign in my account, it kicks me off of Xbox Live again.

. . . All I've EVER done (ever) is download a game save from Modio for Skyrim. Just Skyrim. Ever.

It might just be my connection because I keep getting an alert message about my connection's signal strength, but nothing about being banned or anything.

I didn't get banned did I? I wanted to try some BL2, but I can't seem to get this to work (only EVER downloaded a Skyrim save EVER!). Do you get a message if your banned?
__
---
"I may lead you astray every now and then, but I'm always a safe bet." ~Mat Cauthon
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U93D8l8B_HU
#2Cyanide2012Posted 4/13/2013 2:49:31 PM
Xbox live is down and has been for a while now.
---
GT: Cyanide Xn
#3RajsBabysMamaPosted 4/13/2013 2:50:07 PM
krono069 posted...
I can't sign in. Well, I CAN sign in but I can't connect to the Internet. So, when I sign in to Xbox Live, it signs out my account. When I sign in my account, it kicks me off of Xbox Live again.

. . . All I've EVER done (ever) is download a game save from Modio for Skyrim. Just Skyrim. Ever.

It might just be my connection because I keep getting an alert message about my connection's signal strength, but nothing about being banned or anything.

I didn't get banned did I? I wanted to try some BL2, but I can't seem to get this to work (only EVER downloaded a Skyrim save EVER!). Do you get a message if your banned?
__

I think live is down atm. I haven't tried it myself yet to see but there is a thread in here already stating it is down.
#4thedeadsiderPosted 4/13/2013 2:52:16 PM
Sounds like a ban to me. I heard via game sites they were cracking down on downloaded game files and they might have picked that up on you. To my knowledge, theres no notification on a ban you just can't log in. I think you're banned dude.

Or Live is down. That too.
---
tehdeadsider just made more sense than anyone I've seen on LUE all morning. - richie259
Gamertag/PSN ID Deadsider
#5krono069(Topic Creator)Posted 4/13/2013 2:54:03 PM
Ooooooooh! THANK GOD! *sighs with relief*

I would have been PISSED if I got banned for using a save for Skyrim, a single player, non-online game.

Alrighty. Thanks guys. Glad to hear I'm not the only one having problems right now. :D
__
---
"I may lead you astray every now and then, but I'm always a safe bet." ~Mat Cauthon
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U93D8l8B_HU
#6volatilisn3xPosted 4/13/2013 3:15:49 PM
so youre glad the rest of us are having problems huh... >.>
---
GT: Volatilis N3X
#7SinisterBladePosted 4/13/2013 3:25:28 PM
thedeadsider posted...
Sounds like a ban to me. I heard via game sites they were cracking down on downloaded game files and they might have picked that up on you. To my knowledge, theres no notification on a ban you just can't log in. I think you're banned dude.

Or Live is down. That too.

Wholly incorrect. They make it very clear when you're in trouble. When you attempt to sign in, the red (X) Error Window pops up informing you that your privileges have been temporarily (or permanently) suspended for ToS violation. They inform you of the ban, how to potentially challenge it, and give you the information telling you what you did wrong and how long your banned.

Ive never been banned myself, but I want to be an Ambassador, and have seen videos of the window appearing on a banned players screen. Even saw a person get booted from live mid game, attempt to sign back in just to realize he was just banned.
---
What is a man?!
A miserable little pile of secrets!
#8thedeadsiderPosted 4/16/2013 10:03:00 AM
SinisterBlade, do you always fall for troll attempts?

I mean come on.
---
tehdeadsider just made more sense than anyone I've seen on LUE all morning. - richie259
Gamertag/PSN ID Deadsider
#9xboxBUNZILLAPosted 4/16/2013 10:08:06 AM
thedeadsider posted...
SinisterBlade, do you always fall for troll attempts?

I mean come on.

Yeah I know sinister, I thought you were more hip than that.. ;)
---
word to the wise, turn off your BAR before you dashboard. :)