A surprising story of why DUPING guns/shields isn't for me...

#1thinkfootballPosted 4/14/2013 4:00:37 AM
So awhile back a very friendly Gamefaqs member gave me--no duped me--some guns/shields (I appreciate his generosity!). Well I have two 50s now (both played through TVHM, so campaign x4) and to be honest, these duped items have made the game a LOT less fun for me. Why? I didn't realize at the time, but they're so good that it has made all other loot drops insignificant--for me personally, this was the whole point of the game!

Very personal for me as I understand others want the absolute best weapons/shields possible and I definitely agree, the drop rates are FAR too low on the best stuff--but for me, duping actually made the game FAR less fun. Anyone else feel the same?

Also on a sidenote, I'm looking to level another character and after doing the main story now four times I'm a little burnt out on it...as far as places to level a new toon quickly, would you guys recommend the Bar Room Brawl, the Deathrace, or is there another area you'd recommend (I can't beat Tera even with a Bee & Conf Call, I am definitely a scrub...I get him down to 80% almost immediately but then Tera hits me once, I lose the amp, and then I'm done for...so I'm looking for easier areas to get my new toon's xp up before I start the Fing painful main campaign for a fifth time).
#2ProdigalDragonPosted 4/14/2013 4:23:53 AM
thinkfootball posted...
these duped items have made the game a LOT less fun for me. Why? I didn't realize at the time, but they're so good that it has made all other loot drops insignificant--

This. I have one character that got tons of crap from joining random lobbies. And you're right on the money. I didn't realize it a first either but the loot sucked the fun out of the game. SO about a month before the lvl cap increase I sold everything (except the terra grenade :D) that I didn't earn myself. Playing with him is cool again.

Especially after the increase! I'm even going to farm different stuff this time around
---
The Prodigal Dragon
#3yiangaruuugaPosted 4/14/2013 5:43:37 AM
That is the reason why I stopped using the Bee Shield. It made everything too easy for me.
---
GT: xFrostxPhoenix
Now Playing: BF3, DC 2 Waiting for: MW3,Skyrim, ACR...Monster Hunter is the **** btw.
#4danishjuggler21Posted 4/14/2013 5:50:17 AM
For PT1 and PT2, blue and purple gear is usually overpowered enough. It's just on 2.5 and UVHM that I feel compelled to go all orange.

Having a collection of low-level legendaries is good for the lulz, though.
---
XBOX Live Gamertag: danishjuggler03
"I refuse to quote myself in my signature - I've always thought people who do that are lame." - danishjuggler21
#5TrazielPosted 4/14/2013 6:42:29 AM
You aren't forced to play with said items. Even at 61 I look at all blue and purpledrops because they're just as useful, if not better than, most legendaries.

The only time it sucks is when you finally get a legit legendary only to find out the one you have is better.
---
Gamertag: LaGrimm
Now Playing: Borderlands 2, ASC: Brotherhood, Halo 4
#6LordofHuntersPosted 4/14/2013 7:11:56 AM
danishjuggler21 posted...
For PT1 and PT2, blue and purple gear is usually overpowered enough. It's just on 2.5 and UVHM that I feel compelled to go all orange.

Having a collection of low-level legendaries is good for the lulz, though.

You might be gasping for air if I posted my low level legendary collection I've amassed...
<_<
---
PSN/GT: Azure_Soul/Azure0Soul
Games being played: Borderlands 2, Mass Effect, Monster Hunter, Persona 4 Golden.
#7Kpt_KapowskiPosted 4/14/2013 7:32:06 AM
What exactly is surprising about duping undermining the point of the game?
---
Borderlands 2 BAR: 83979 --- Beware the Lag!
#8PanopictonguyPosted 4/14/2013 7:39:30 AM
Kpt_Kapowski posted...
What exactly is surprising about duping undermining the point of the game?

because " having" everything is the definition of " fun."

Receiving is fun. Actually doing stuff is not really fun, unless you can do it with the best stuff.
---
Oh, you thought they made this game for you? You clearly bought the wrong game.