A surprising story of why DUPING guns/shields isn't for me...

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. Borderlands 2
  3. A surprising story of why DUPING guns/shields isn't for me...

User Info: thinkfootball

thinkfootball
3 years ago#1
So awhile back a very friendly Gamefaqs member gave me--no duped me--some guns/shields (I appreciate his generosity!). Well I have two 50s now (both played through TVHM, so campaign x4) and to be honest, these duped items have made the game a LOT less fun for me. Why? I didn't realize at the time, but they're so good that it has made all other loot drops insignificant--for me personally, this was the whole point of the game!

Very personal for me as I understand others want the absolute best weapons/shields possible and I definitely agree, the drop rates are FAR too low on the best stuff--but for me, duping actually made the game FAR less fun. Anyone else feel the same?

Also on a sidenote, I'm looking to level another character and after doing the main story now four times I'm a little burnt out on it...as far as places to level a new toon quickly, would you guys recommend the Bar Room Brawl, the Deathrace, or is there another area you'd recommend (I can't beat Tera even with a Bee & Conf Call, I am definitely a scrub...I get him down to 80% almost immediately but then Tera hits me once, I lose the amp, and then I'm done for...so I'm looking for easier areas to get my new toon's xp up before I start the Fing painful main campaign for a fifth time).

User Info: ProdigalDragon

ProdigalDragon
3 years ago#2
thinkfootball posted...
these duped items have made the game a LOT less fun for me. Why? I didn't realize at the time, but they're so good that it has made all other loot drops insignificant--

This. I have one character that got tons of crap from joining random lobbies. And you're right on the money. I didn't realize it a first either but the loot sucked the fun out of the game. SO about a month before the lvl cap increase I sold everything (except the terra grenade :D) that I didn't earn myself. Playing with him is cool again.

Especially after the increase! I'm even going to farm different stuff this time around
The Prodigal Dragon

User Info: yiangaruuuga

yiangaruuuga
3 years ago#3
That is the reason why I stopped using the Bee Shield. It made everything too easy for me.
GT: xFrostxPhoenix
Now Playing: BF3, DC 2 Waiting for: MW3,Skyrim, ACR...Monster Hunter is the **** btw.

User Info: danishjuggler21

danishjuggler21
3 years ago#4
For PT1 and PT2, blue and purple gear is usually overpowered enough. It's just on 2.5 and UVHM that I feel compelled to go all orange.

Having a collection of low-level legendaries is good for the lulz, though.
XBOX Live Gamertag: danishjuggler03
"I refuse to quote myself in my signature - I've always thought people who do that are lame." - danishjuggler21

User Info: Traziel

Traziel
3 years ago#5
You aren't forced to play with said items. Even at 61 I look at all blue and purpledrops because they're just as useful, if not better than, most legendaries.

The only time it sucks is when you finally get a legit legendary only to find out the one you have is better.
Gamertag: LaGrimm
Now Playing: Borderlands 2, ASC: Brotherhood, Halo 4

User Info: LordofHunters

LordofHunters
3 years ago#6
danishjuggler21 posted...
For PT1 and PT2, blue and purple gear is usually overpowered enough. It's just on 2.5 and UVHM that I feel compelled to go all orange.

Having a collection of low-level legendaries is good for the lulz, though.

You might be gasping for air if I posted my low level legendary collection I've amassed...
<_<
PSN/GT: Azure_Soul/Azure0Soul
Games being played: Borderlands 2, Mass Effect, Monster Hunter, Persona 4 Golden.

User Info: Kpt_Kapowski

Kpt_Kapowski
3 years ago#7
What exactly is surprising about duping undermining the point of the game?
Borderlands 2 BAR: 83979 --- Beware the Lag!

User Info: Panopictonguy

Panopictonguy
3 years ago#8
Kpt_Kapowski posted...
What exactly is surprising about duping undermining the point of the game?

because " having" everything is the definition of " fun."

Receiving is fun. Actually doing stuff is not really fun, unless you can do it with the best stuff.
Oh, you thought they made this game for you? You clearly bought the wrong game.
  1. Boards
  2. Borderlands 2
  3. A surprising story of why DUPING guns/shields isn't for me...

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived