What do you think of Krieg's Light the Fuse skill that replaces FFYL?

#1KellyRipyaPosted 4/15/2013 11:31:49 AM
So basically a few of Krieg's key skills have already been laid out at http://borderlands.wikia.com/wiki/Krieg.

Besides him having an entire skill tree dedicated to him lighting himself on FIRE (!), one of t the skills that stood out to me was his 'Light The Fuse' one.

The description of it from the wiki page:

Fight For Your Life is replaced by Light the Fuse. During Light the Fuse you pull out a live bundle of dynamite and can move normally. The bundle explodes when the timer runs out. If you kill someone you are revived.

Getting a revive with the bundle explosion gives you +40% Movement Speed for the remainder of the time that was left in Light the Fuse.

Throw dynamite sticks with [Fire]. Detonate bundle by holding [Use].

This sounds like it could be either really well done or a total mess depending on how much damage the dynamite actually delivers in lieu of your own chosen weapons. There's a lot of blank spots in the tree where you acquire this skill so I'm guessing there will be ways to modify the damage the dynamite does, maybe add elemental damage as well as some type of stacking.

Anyway, I'm wondering what people's thoughts are on it?
---
All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain
GT: Althea N Hell
#2Argyle_GargoylePosted 4/15/2013 11:49:28 AM
looks cool to me. its something different

i was trying to think of skills. only good one i came up with would be for if he has a full melee tree.

the capstone could be something like 'roid shields do roid damage even while the shield is charged'.

it would make him a melee beast. might be overpowered, but it was a thought i had.
---
Crazy? Crazy with low prices on Wind Brahmin. You buy one!!
#3JimiMorrison187Posted 4/15/2013 11:54:00 AM
Light the Fuse seems like it might get a bit underpowered for UVHM. I hope that you can actually get kills with it there.
---
If you like Terraria and can't wait for Starbound check out Darkout too (Greenlight it!): http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=98158224
#4Argyle_GargoylePosted 4/15/2013 11:56:52 AM
JimiMorrison187 posted...
Light the Fuse seems like it might get a bit underpowered for UVHM. I hope that you can actually get kills with it there.

hopefully they consider that when they are balancing him. if it scales well, it should be okay. only issue is that you wont be able to slag enemies to take them down easier. hopefully they compensate for that otherwise it might be pretty useless in UVHM
---
Crazy? Crazy with low prices on Wind Brahmin. You buy one!!
#5LaharPosted 4/15/2013 12:07:13 PM
Seeing the gameplay vid I thought it was really exciting. I built and wrote up the Borderlands 2 section on the wiki's page for Crippled, so I'm looking forward to adding the dynamic of Light the Fuse in there, even if just a summation and link.

One little idea that came to mind for co-op play is a teammate throwing a singularity grenade towards Krieg before he detonates. Fun times for everyone.
---
It's raining
luggage and babies and limbs and Daddy doesn't come home.
#6JkickitPosted 4/15/2013 12:08:08 PM
I think Norfleet/other strong launcher > light the fuse.
---
Deal with it- http://tinyurl.com/amdcu8s FF XIII/Skyrim = 100% -- GT: Gears of Wario
Now Playing: Borderlands2/FFXIII-2/MW2
#7killbot357Posted 4/15/2013 12:30:14 PM
I like the idea of Light the Fuse. I'd like its power to be determined by your currently equipped grenade mod, so it'll scale well in UVHM.
---
XBOX GT: illbzo1
Currently playing: Fire Emblem: Awakening, Borderlands 2
#8KellyRipya(Topic Creator)Posted 4/15/2013 12:34:24 PM
Lahar posted...
One little idea that came to mind for co-op play is a teammate throwing a singularity grenade towards Krieg before he detonates. Fun times for everyone.

That's awesome!
---
All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain
GT: Althea N Hell
#9PanopictonguyPosted 4/15/2013 1:17:22 PM
it does explosive damage a lot of skills that I could see in his tree boost explosive damage on top of this you can soften up the target with a barrage of infinite explosives before ffyl ends and you let off the finisher.. This doesn't even take into account class mods and damage relics.

Explosive damage is the second strongest element in the game next to shock which receives a temp damage boost on shielded enemies. it does 1:1 damage on everything that doesn't have a blast proof shield in normal and tvhm and 80% on shielded enemies. Krieg has the potential to be one of the hardest hitting characters in the game and depending on how his buffs work he may have top tier survivability on mobs.
---
Oh, you thought they made this game for you? You clearly bought the wrong game.
#10PensatoPosted 4/15/2013 1:44:13 PM
Argyle_Gargoyle posted...
hopefully they consider that when they are balancing him. if it scales well, it should be okay.

It's Gearbox, so the likelihood of it scaling right is slim.

Panopictonguy posted...
second strongest element in the game next to shock

lolz