Best Seraph items to get? / Best prefix for Jakobs snipers?

#1LaharPosted 4/15/2013 3:29:14 PM
Wanting to gear up with some lv 50 Seraph items before doing UVHM with a second character. So there's still stuff like the Hawkeye, etc., that they turned into boss drops.

Picked up an Evolution already. What else do you think is worth looking at, and why?

--

Also for snipers:
Skookum (+ weapon dmg) or Tumtum (+ crit dmg)? Or other?
---
It's raining
luggage and babies and limbs and Daddy doesn't come home.
#2ShinterLPosted 4/15/2013 3:32:53 PM
I just started upgrading some of my seraphs today. First on the list was a Meteor Shower (Longbow, specifically). I prefer MIRV grenades, and there are none more destructive. Just obliterates mobs, especially for me since I Converge them all together first, but the area of effect is huge, so useful for anyone.
#3MarsillioPosted 4/15/2013 5:18:10 PM
From my experience tumtum is slightly more powerful than skookum when dealing critical damage.
---
Capcom won't see another damn cent from me until Mega Man Legends 3 is released.
#4ZenxinPosted 4/15/2013 5:32:24 PM
according to the gearbox forums the skookum prefix on a Jacobs will still outperform a tumtum
---
Sig.
#5Wallcrawler8878Posted 4/15/2013 5:34:29 PM
Zenxin posted...
according to the gearbox forums the skookum prefix on a Jacobs will still outperform a tumtum

This.

You need go no further than Marcus' Gun range with Skookum and TumTum variants of the same weapon and shoot the target in the head with both guns.

The difference is there, and its glaring.

Skookum FTW.
#6SinisterBladePosted 4/15/2013 5:40:40 PM
Zenxin posted...

Correct. With Jakobs this is virtually always the case. Jakobs firearms all have a hidden crit damage boost already, that isn't listed on the card. The more base damage these guns have to feed off of, the higher crit damage. BAR is the same way, Weapon DMG + has a larger effect than simply boosting crit %. Especially considering higher DPS is a universally helpful buff, while crit % is only applied if you attain a critical hit.

Fire a Skookum and TumTum Hawkeye for example, @ the dummy or an enemy in the Beatdown, with a bee. You will see even on a crit, the Skookum does far more DPS.
---
What is a man?!
A miserable little pile of secrets!
#7SpankedEaglePosted 4/15/2013 6:48:17 PM
I love the O-negative and crossfire grenades
---
GAMERTAG:SpankedEagle
#8WolfLinkXPosted 4/15/2013 6:55:05 PM
The Meteor Shower grenade is the only one I've bought so far. And even though it's a level 51 grenade, it still tears apart level 56-59s with little to no problems.
---
Currently Playing: Dragon Ball Z: Budokai Tenkaichi 3, Borderlands 2, Halo 4, and Gears of War 3.
Waiting list: Rainbow Six Patriots