Can't level up beyond 50?

#1Shadow_Sniper16Posted 4/17/2013 1:32:21 AM
so I just hit level 50 and a friend helped me through the entire true vault hunter mode. I have the season pass so I got the level cap increase and ultimate vault hunter mode but I've noticed that after playing some of that and doing other misc quests in true mode, I am not leveling up at all. My exp bar hasn't moved since I hit level 50! Anybody know what might be going on?!
#2SinisterBladePosted 4/17/2013 1:38:08 AM
You must select UVHM as your playthrough, or you will not gain ExP twords leveling up beyond 50.

If you join a friend, make sure before you do so your last selected PT was UVHM, even if the person you join is anywhere from PT1-3.5. It wont affect their game, or make it harder for you if your on 1-2.5, and will allow you to gain ExP as well.
---
What is a man?!
A miserable little pile of secrets!
#3Shadow_Sniper16(Topic Creator)Posted 4/17/2013 1:42:44 AM
ok so your saying I can't host if I want to earn any exp on PT 2?
#4Shadow_Sniper16(Topic Creator)Posted 4/17/2013 1:48:29 AM
ok, I jumped back into UVHM I watched my exp very closely as I killed a mob of enemies and still no exp change. Should I try redownloading the dlc? I have PT3 so it should be working.
#5SinisterBladePosted 4/17/2013 2:09:01 AM
Check the numerical exp total in the status screen. If there is no 'out of ' number like, idk:

Lv.50
3,896,547 / 4,000,000xp

Then yeah something is wrong.

In the very beginning it may not seem like its rising, but it should be.
---
What is a man?!
A miserable little pile of secrets!
#6pastyDPosted 4/17/2013 2:30:20 AM
You don't need to be in UVHM to gain experience after 50, it's just that the xp values have been reduced on TVHM so it will just take a very long time if you don't play on UVHM.
If you're getting no experience at all then something is wrong. Even playing on TVHM i could easily notice my bar filling up.
#7bcon1208Posted 4/17/2013 4:09:49 AM
SinisterBlade posted...
You must select UVHM as your playthrough, or you will not gain ExP twords leveling up beyond 50.

Completely and totally incorrect. You get XP in every mode, including normal. It's just that the XP you get for UVHM is by far the highest amount, which you will eventually need if you want to reach the new level cap before 2019.

The only reason you wouldn't be getting XP after level 50 is if something either isn't downloaded, or didn't download correctly. If you've downloaded the patch (obviously or it wouldn't let you play), AND downloaded the UVH Pack (free with your season pass), then you should try redownloading the pack again. Sometimes the download manager in the game messes up and you just need to redownload it.
---
Loading Post... [|||||||||||||||||||||||__] 85% Complete...
lIl Nemesis lIl
#8MayhemersPosted 4/17/2013 4:09:52 AM
Yeah, if it ain't moving at all, something is wrong. I'm halfway to 51 with my Zer0 currently from playing quests leftover from TVHM.
---
Lie with passion and be forever damned...
#9Shadow_Sniper16(Topic Creator)Posted 4/17/2013 1:45:14 PM
ya, I'm not getting any xp in either PT and there is no .../... on the experience count. Just a solid number. I tried redownloading the ultimate dlc but that didn't seem to work either. Any other suggestions?
#10LaharPosted 4/17/2013 1:53:22 PM(edited)
Sorry if this is obvious, but have you completed all the story missions on TVHM? That's what unlocks UVHM for a character even if you've DL'd the pack.

edit: Sorry again, just read that you have done some of UVHM and so will have TVHM's story missions. But that was my guess so now I don't know what could be going on with your game.

---
It's raining
luggage and babies and limbs and Daddy doesn't come home.