Any Borderlands Fans Are Looking For Destiny?

#1DanteAwakeninPosted 4/17/2013 10:11:35 AM
It seems like a serious upgraded version of Borderlands with a little bit of Halo vein.

I wonder if BL fans are looking forward it, It might be the first game that is in the same level of Borderlands's awesomeness.
---
Don't you hate it when you skip a cut-scene by accident in a new game. All the games should have the same skip button.
#2KayVonTrarxPosted 4/17/2013 10:15:21 AM
Definitely looking forward to it. If they release it for the new consoles, I might be tempted to get them even more. As long as playing on the new ps4/xbox 720 doesn't exclude me from playing with people on the previous generation's console.
---
GT: KayVonTarx
#3JimiMorrison187Posted 4/17/2013 11:03:23 AM(edited)
Looks awesome. Definitely looking forward to it. I agree that it should be next gen. I hope they do a PC version actually, but there is no mention of it. I am guessing it won't be there to start. They don't have PC experience I don't think, although all these games now could easily be developed on PC and transferred over to consoles. IT's probably easier to develop them on PC for most features of the game.

Sounds like it will be huge and last for quite a while. They say stuff like it will cover 10 years. As if they have planned content and sequels already for 10 years.

I love the dynamic world idea and it still being a single player experience with MMO attributes. You won't be forced to play with others if you don't want, but they will be around if you do want to. No silly matchmaking services either. Players just pop into your world as you play and you aren't waiting for a match. Players are part of the world and you can interact with them, or just ignore them. Play missions together, or tell them to go f*** themselves. You can play with friends though if you want. They say that every day will be different. New events, different times of day having different events, etc. You play on Earth, Venus, Mars, etc. all over the solar system.

I love the idea of the mysterious "Traveler" too and what the story may be behind it.

Then we have all the RPG stuff on top of that with loot, character building, new looks and skins like borderlands, etc.

It's a very ambitious project it sounds like. That it is coming out after Defiance is sort of breaking the same ground means that it should be more refined and better made as well I'm thinking.

The whole game is designed to be all of us against our extinction.
---
I Support: http://www.bl2wiki.com/images/thumb/0/0c/Vladof_logo.png/400px-Vladof_logo.png
#4JimiMorrison187Posted 4/17/2013 11:09:01 AM(edited)
Here's an overview article of it:

http://www.gamespot.com/features/destiny-unveiled-what-bungies-next-game-is-and-isnt-all-about-6404016/

The video is worth a watch.

Looking at it I get the feeling that it has a Halo+Mass Effect feel to it more than anything. Mixed with a bit of Fallout in there for a large world. Then the co-op aspects of Borderlands and their loot. Hard to argue with that kind of mix. Then throw in the dynamic MMO type world events and this could be really good, or a complete disaster. XD
---
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v643/ripvanwallace/k3u0zo.jpg
#5killbot357Posted 4/17/2013 11:08:14 AM
A dark MMO-styled shooter? No thanks.

I don't like Borderlands because it's a shooter. I like Borderlands because it's funny, and is Diablo 2 with guns.
---
XBOX GT: illbzo1
Currently playing: Shin Megami Tensei: Devil Summoner - Soul Hackers, Borderlands 2
#6JimiMorrison187Posted 4/17/2013 11:10:25 AM(edited)
IF it wasn't a shooter what would be the point of the loot in Borderlands?

Serious question here.

BTW...Destiny is a loot game too with RPG elements. It's not some CoD game...lol
---
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v643/ripvanwallace/SCAN001.jpg
#7DanteAwakenin(Topic Creator)Posted 4/17/2013 11:18:38 AM
JimiMorrison187 posted...
IF it wasn't a shooter what would be the point of the loot in Borderlands?

Serious question here.

BTW...Destiny is a loot game too with RPG elements. It's not some CoD game...lol

True! I say people need to give this game a chance!
---
Don't you hate it when you skip a cut-scene by accident in a game.
#8killbot357Posted 4/17/2013 12:02:56 PM
Eh, maybe. Typically when I see an article that says "Bungie to make a dark, sci-fi FPS" I yawn and close the tab.
---
XBOX GT: illbzo1
Currently playing: Shin Megami Tensei: Devil Summoner - Soul Hackers, Borderlands 2
#9JimiMorrison187Posted 4/17/2013 12:47:17 PM
I'm definitely intrigued. I need gameplay footage obviously before I put it on my wishlist.
---
Because **** You is why
#10capnovanPosted 4/17/2013 1:27:00 PM
I am for sure.
---
You can take my Karma, but you'll never take......MY FREEDOM!