so what is your current strategy against super badass constructor 3.0s?

#1Argyle_GargoylePosted 4/17/2013 12:00:13 PM(edited)
IMO, these are the toughest enemies in UVHM. 2 in particular. the one on the way bunker. it has always been a pain to dispatch. even tougher now. and the one on the bridge after saturn.

the strategy was a lot of running and cover, and a lot of hornet.
these things are rough since they are slag immune. and have tons of health. plus they hit hard. i managed to take them down, but man are they tough

so. what is your preferred means of constructor dispatch?

i need to find myself a good corrosive grenade. my beloved stormfront seemed to barely scratch them. thank god for the hornet
---
Crazy? Crazy with low prices on Wind Brahmin. You buy one!!
#2chrisfakk2Posted 4/17/2013 12:03:46 PM
Gunzerker with duel cc's
#3RineN1Posted 4/17/2013 12:04:26 PM
Corrosive Sand Hawk + Bee
Critical fest against them, they go down pretty quick :3
---
GT: RineN1. State you are from here before adding!
Waiting for: BioShock: Infinite(360) Playing: Terraria(XBLA) Watching: Seitokai Yakuindomo
#4Pvt-SpoonPosted 4/17/2013 12:08:15 PM
I used a corrosive night sniper and a hornet for the one near Saturn. when he spawned, I jumped down and sniped him. Had to hug the cliff side behind the shack with the red chest on top. When ever he shot off rockets , I headed for the back fence .... took a while, felt kinda cheap, but it worked. For the one on the way to BNK3R. I fight my way to the level he is on as fast as I can and use the wall / building between us for cover ... same weapons and slag turrets
---
A pessimist is just an optimist with more experience.
#5Argyle_Gargoyle(Topic Creator)Posted 4/17/2013 12:09:39 PM
ah. im doing my UVHM with no bee. havnt come upon a CC yet. im sure that once i really get into farming at 61 theyll go down quicker. right now though, theyre a bit of a pain

it was fun having saturn and his missiles chase me around the building though
---
Crazy? Crazy with low prices on Wind Brahmin. You buy one!!
#6ROFLMEOWPosted 4/17/2013 12:35:40 PM
Being a more cautious player than most, I keep my distance to avoid the other robots and snipe the constructor in the eye. A high-damage sniper rifle with the Bee getting plenty of critical hits can take the constructor out in about a minute, depending on whether you need to move occasionally to dodge missiles.
---
"NOOOOO!!! How will I juggle?!"
#7StormWolf12Posted 4/17/2013 12:36:58 PM
I toss mad kunai and then I execute.
#8gomi182Posted 4/17/2013 12:41:30 PM
The one on the way to the bunker in particular, you can just stand behind and not get hit by anything he throws at you. Stand under the overhang, and behind the crates, shooting over said crates. Even his nukes don't hit.

You have to keep an eye out for the odd loader stumbling around the crates, but other than that... it's hassle-free.
#9thedeadsiderPosted 4/17/2013 12:43:07 PM
I've always struggled a bit with those same two, and as a commando i just sniped the jerks. They're strong, but they're pretty poor at a distance. Slow going ammo sink is the safest bet for me.
---
tehdeadsider just made more sense than anyone I've seen on LUE all morning. - richie259
Gamertag/PSN ID Deadsider
#10Jambi_ManPosted 4/17/2013 2:02:14 PM
The easy way is to farm a White Death prior to those missions. My 50 still wrecked both of them 5 levels under em.

For the one before Bunker, clear out the area where the 2 turrets are, then run forward to activate the constructor. Once he's on his way, run back & take cover behind the door that opens when killing the turrets. From there, WD him in-between his homing RPG strikes.

The one after Saturn is a joke when done right. After using the elevator, run quickly to the big storage bin closest to where he lands... It's on the right side of the road. Get there fast as you can. On the very right of that bin, there's a support post coming down the back right corner of it. Post up there, and you can snipe his crit in complete cover from all of his attacks. You'll probably have to kill off the first wave of RPG loaders, but do it quickly, then head to the spot. Dead constructor in a matter of seconds!
---
Would you like to do battle with a Brony riding piggyback on a Rabid Stalker? If the answer is no, you are sad, and I've no desire to speak with you further.