smh bank space exploit is getting patched tomorrow

#101monster138Posted 4/17/2013 10:29:12 PM
BlackWizardMagus posted...

I've always had this crazy notion that developers made games for GAMERS, not for themselves. I also thought that it was a good thing when gamers could have fun in different ways (or did they not give us half a million guns and 5 different characters for exactly that purpose?).

I'll never understand devs who patch utterly harmless glitches or exploits that some people enjoy using and others just don't use. There's no negative to them. I'm even more baffled when they do this while there are other glitches that actually do cause problems and delete data and hurt people's play experience un-patched. One or two issues could be explained away as simply too difficult to fix, but in these situations, it's never just one or two issues.

Kinda wondering the same....
---
If common sense existed, it would be a heck of a lot more common...
GT: IamMonster138
#102iriswcPosted 4/17/2013 10:40:03 PM
killbot357 posted...
lol @ anyone crying about what developers decide to do with their game

double lol @ hoarding all legendaries, skins, heads, class mods and relics as FUN

I've always had this crazy notion that developers made games for GAMERS, not for themselves. I also thought that it was a good thing when gamers could have fun in different ways (or did they not give us half a million guns and 5 different characters for exactly that purpose?).

I'll never understand devs who patch utterly harmless glitches or exploits that some people enjoy using and others just don't use. There's no negative to them. I'm even more baffled when they do this while there are other glitches that actually do cause problems and delete data and hurt people's play experience un-patched. One or two issues could be explained away as simply too difficult to fix, but in these situations, it's never just one or two issues.

Totally agree, it's interesting remembering the interviews with gearbox before this game came out. They were so for the fans blah, blah blah and now they are going to force us to play how they want. I've never used the vault glitch but why patch it? I wouldn't be surprised if they try to implement some shelf life to guns like dead island.
#103JimiMorrison187Posted 4/17/2013 11:26:27 PM
They keep doing it because they want you to pay for the extra slots in the DLC of course.

What I miss the most is the backpack space from BL1. They never patched that major glitch where you could get SDUs you weren't supposed to get. WE could have over 60 friggin' inventory slots in BL1. In BL2 we don't even have that with the inventory and the banks combined.

If I can't own every unique gun with red text on it on the same character there is something wrong. Being a loot game isn't the object of the game to collect all the rare guns? Having to have 10 characters to hold them all is moronic. Not to mention taht they only give you 4 locker spaces to transfer them.
---
Fog Ring Waaaahhhh People glitching to get souls Waaaaahhhh Lightning weapons at low levels Waaaahhhhh
#104EarlJensonPosted 4/18/2013 1:12:59 AM
Via the glitch, it's possible to store arbitrary amounts of gear on one character.

Without the glitch, it's possible to store arbitrary amounts of gear... in discrete amounts over multiple characters. Which, in a one-controller setting, you have to transfer in four item chunks. Then you have to remember which character has what item when you want to shift said item to some specific other character. Same deal if you get another version of the same weapon and want to compare.

So the glitch just allows you to do something that's already possible, only in a much MUCH less annoying way.

You know what, I can't wait for BL3, where this will never be an issue.
Because there will be no bank - if you don't have it on you, you clearly don't need it.
And we'll only be able to create one character at a time to prevent mules. That would also eliminate the desire for a stash to transfer items between characters. Two birds, yay!
Hopefully they can do something about the equipment slots too. I mean seriously, *four* guns? Who needs that many options? I only usually use one or two, and that's on a Gunzerker! They can call it "streamlining". Streamlining sounds good.
#105spidey_fanPosted 4/18/2013 2:35:42 AM
KellyRipya posted...
Gibbed and loving it, maximum bank vault storage now 500

Screw you Pitchford, keep your laws off muh body and muh Borderlands!!!

How? Using the method on the internet ends up with backpack slots resetting after quitting.
---
With great power comes great responsibility. Too bad I am 100% powerless, and there's nothing I can do about it.
#1062Love4LifePosted 4/18/2013 3:14:51 AM
spidey_fan posted...
KellyRipya posted...
Gibbed and loving it, maximum bank vault storage now 500

Screw you Pitchford, keep your laws off muh body and muh Borderlands!!!

How? Using the method on the internet ends up with backpack slots resetting after quitting.

There is tons of stuff you can edit in Gibbed some Resets some doesn't If the game doesn't send up a flag it won't reset.
---
Video Game Challenges:
Treat Everyday as your last because tomorrow may never come.
#107drj898Posted 4/18/2013 3:15:59 AM
Well crap, I'm glad I read on here myself....what happens to all the stuff in my bank after the patch? I just lose it all?
---
GT, and PSN: DrJ898
#108drj898Posted 4/18/2013 4:51:41 AM
The exact wording in the update says,

"Fixed an issue where bank and stash capacity could be exceeded. This change prevents additional items from being added to stash / bank until capacity is below the maximum -- it does not forcibly remove or delete any items."

So if it IS glitched (like mine), I shouldn't be concerned about anything being deleted or removed from my overloaded bank? I can take them out myself, I just can't add anymore...is that right?
---
GT, and PSN: DrJ898
#109yugikingPosted 4/18/2013 4:55:07 AM
drj898 posted...
The exact wording in the update says,

"Fixed an issue where bank and stash capacity could be exceeded. This change prevents additional items from being added to stash / bank until capacity is below the maximum -- it does not forcibly remove or delete any items."

So if it IS glitched (like mine), I shouldn't be concerned about anything being deleted or removed from my overloaded bank? I can take them out myself, I just can't add anymore...is that right?

That's right if they implement the patch just as the wording says we'll see how it goes in practice
---
"... if you let the fly live, the spider is going to die. You can't save both without one suffering.." - Knives (Trigun)
#110killbot357Posted 4/18/2013 5:07:51 AM
killbot357 posted...
lol @ anyone crying about what developers decide to do with their game

double lol @ hoarding all legendaries, skins, heads, class mods and relics as FUN

I've always had this crazy notion that developers made games for GAMERS, not for themselves.

This IS a crazy notion. Developers make games to make money, not for GAMERS. Gearbox made Borderlands 2 so people would buy it, not out of the kindness of their hearts.

The decision to fix this banking exploit is likely a complicated one. I'm sure there are devs who don't care about it, but the game was obviously not being used as intended by a subset of the population.

Why did they patch the bank exploit? It was a business decision. Maybe Gearbox is going to offer extra space as DLC. Maybe Gearbox wants to use expanded storage as a selling point for an upcoming expansion.

Borderlands 2 is Gearbox' property, and this decision has less to do with your fun and more to do with its bottom line.
---
XBOX GT: illbzo1
Currently playing: Shin Megami Tensei: Devil Summoner - Soul Hackers, Borderlands 2